Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction & Thread Ban

• 12-04-2021 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,192 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I received an infraction and thread ban for this post
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=116816034#post116816034

After discussion with the moderator they are unwilling to reduce the card or undo the ban and so I am requesting a cmod review.

Admittedly my post was based on aggravation due to another user unhelpfully nitpicking, but I don't believe an infraction and/or instant thread ban was warranted. From discussion with the mod the reaction is due to my previous Motors behaviour, namely a yellow card from ~2 years ago.

GreeBo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I'll inform the CMods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Hi GreeBo

I've looked into this for you
    GreeBo wrote: »
    Admittedly my post was based on aggravation due to another user unhelpfully nitpicking, but I don't believe an infraction and/or instant thread ban was warranted. From discussion with the mod the reaction is due to my previous Motors behaviour, namely a yellow card from ~2 years ago.

The mod mentioned your previous Motors behaviour but looking at the bigger picture, you've clocked up 25 warnings, bans and infractions, many of those for similar offences on boards overall

Given that history, the red card was an appropriate level response from the mod imho. If you continue with that sort of posts, you are likely to get forum bans for them. Hoping you are taking that on board, I'll reduce your thread ban to a week, so effectively you can post again in that thread from tomorrow evening

If you are not happy with that outcome, I can ask an admin to look into this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,192 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

unkel wrote: »
    Hi GreeBo

I've looked into this for you
    Thanks for taking a look.
    The mod mentioned your previous Motors behaviour but looking at the bigger picture, you've clocked up 25 warnings, bans and infractions, many of those for similar offences on boards overall

Not wishing to be smart here, but I have 20 warnings/infractions that were not reversed, basically 1 a year, its hardly something to have someone on the permanent naughty list for?

In any case the mod specifically told me it was for that Motors yellow card back in 2019, I asked and was told that that was indeed the cause of the instant red/ban, if they had said it was for something else in some other forum then we might not be here, but here we are.

This still doesn't seem like an appropriate response and the fact that you are bringing other fora into it now, at least for me, would indicate that you feel the same.
    Given that history, the red card was an appropriate level response from the mod imho. If you continue with that sort of posts, you are likely to get forum bans for them. Hoping you are taking that on board, I'll reduce your thread ban to a week, so effectively you can post again in that thread from tomorrow evening

If you are not happy with that outcome, I can ask an admin to look into this

Given that a red card is permanent, I would accept the reduction to 1 week and reducing the card to a yellow/warning instead?
    As we can see, one is treated differently based on their record so I don't want a needless red card sitting there if at all possible.

Again, thanks for taking a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You have 16 warnings, 4 infractions and 5 bans. I agree that's spread over more than a decade and over many thousands of your posts, but still a significant history. If you had none of the above or just a few, as a mod I would have given you just a thread warning or a yellow card. But with your history, the infraction is appropriate, I see no reason to reduce or reverse it, it stands. But the thread ban ends tomorrow

If you can not live with that decision, I'll ask an admin to look into this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,192 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I'm pretty sure I know who and how an admin review will go so we will leave it there.

Thanks anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Marked as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement