Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deer licenses arriving

Options
  • 12-04-2021 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

Lads my deer license for the coming season has arrived dis morning anyone else's come,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

They seem to be....

See end of thread here- https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116865326&postcount=28

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

By post?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Zxthinger wrote: »
    By post?

Yes

Did anyone here l, who didn't get a confirmation email, get a licence yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ESetter

Zxthinger wrote: »
    Did anyone here l, who didn't get a confirmation email, get a licence yet?

I did

• Advertisement

Mine arrived in the post this morning.

Other lads have confirmed getting theirs including reissues of those printed in error.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Heavy handed

Mine landed in this morning too.

In the post today😀

But this time it was not sporting the seasonal time table and the back was blank.. like a fake..green/torquise sheet..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Dropped in the post this AM here. Amazing what a pandemic and a couple of new printers can achive.:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Was yours only printed on one side.. mine was green

• Advertisement

Mine was one sided and pale green.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

One-sided pale green.Correct date.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Got mine today lads

The paper in other years was embossed with a harp if I remember correctly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Whats the average turn around time from completing the online renewal to receving?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Cass wrote: »
    Whats the average turn around time from completing the online renewal to receving?

Application was sent in on the 31st March and received in post on the 30th of April. So about a month I guess

The applications came out on the 03rd March and I'm sure I sent mine out by the 4/5th at the latest. Received the license in the post on the 22nd April.

My mates applied the first week of the applications coming out and got theirs 23rd / 29th April.

Other lads I know around the country started to get them around the similar times.

Earlier ones issued in error were reissued around the same time.

I'm in no rush, just curious.

I don't even bother the first few weeks. Sometimes i'll even leave it to November before heading out. A chap i know doesn't even submit his renewal until Sept/Oct.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Arrived this morning. 9 days from application/renewal to arrival at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭garrettod

That's some turnaround Cass!

I also received mine recently, although it took about a month. I'm guessing that mine was delayed a little, if they prioritised replacing the ones that they originally screwed up, but happy enough with a one month turnaround tbh.

Thanks,

G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Arrived this morning. 9 days from application/renewal to arrival at the door.

Similar here, about ten days from e-mailing the completed form to the licence arriving in the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

Four weeks waiting here, a fella I know got his last week and included a letter from his local politician whom he has 145 acres to hunt permission from.
    Perhaps this got it over the line quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭tomtucker81

Just a little update for anyone still waiting. I applied at the end of April. Third week of May i did up a form for the brother(computer issues) and sent it off for him. He gets his licence last week!!
    So I emailed npws enquiring about mine, as it is stated they are being dealt with in order of arrival. Turns out they had issued mine weeks ago but it never turned up in the post. Got a replacement new licence today!

They're on the ball this year. Don't see why this system couldn't be extended past covid times?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭tomtucker81

They're on the ball this year. Don't see why this system couldn't be extended past covid times?

Yeah it would be good. Whatever way they are processing applications and issuing now, it's efficient and working. Good work by anyone involved in this, they're on the ball. So whatever was changed... Keep it!!
    There's always a possibility this is just a temporary method because of the covid situation and by next year it'll be back to the normal way. Which was slow and had us panicking by the 2nd week of August and no contact

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭kunekunesika

Reckon they just set one person at the task, un interrupted, start at the top of that pile and keep going.
    Previously , a few people go at it, later in the year, all of them having to learn/remember on the job, and be interrupted and moved around to cover holiday leave etc,during the mad busy time.
    My blind guestimates??

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Rescueme0007

I received my Deer Hunting Licence on Tuesday, I submitted the application on the 08 March. A total wait of 3 months and 3 weeks, I'm wondering if this is some kind of record?:)

Nope, 2020 I had mine in within a day or so of the applications coming out. I did not get the license until mid October.
    Normally have it back in the first batch out in August every other year.

Advertisement