Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of Tenancy Notices from April 12th

Options
  • 12-04-2021 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Tenants were served correct notice last July 28th to be out by January 28th. Covid lockdowns linked to 5km were in October - December 1st and subsequently from December 31st until April 11th.

The new notice period is January 28th + total 5km lockdown days + 10 days.

The end of tenancy date is therefore January 28th + 41 days (Oct 21st to Dec 1st) + 101 days (Dec 31st to Apr 11th ) + 10 days. (total 152 days).

= June 29th

Is this correct?

This is from the RTB site:
    The revised termination date factors in the Emergency Period plus an extra 10-day grace period. Effectively, a revised termination date will be calculated counting:

all (or the remainder) of the original termination notice given;
    all (or the remainder) of the Emergency Period; and
    the 10-day grace period.

https://www.rtb.ie/emergency-measures-ended-new-protections-introduced-for-the-rental-sector

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Just a general comment, I wouldn't go calling it an eviction unless you've got a court order or something, it's just a standard end of tenancy. Don't want to be getting their backs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Hontou

TheChizler wrote: »
    Just a general comment, I wouldn't go calling it an eviction unless you've got a court order or something, it's just a standard end of tenancy. Don't want to be getting their backs up.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Roski707

Do you need to factor in the 10 day grace period twice? Once for each lockdown? Its not very clear is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Roski707 wrote: »
    Do you need to factor in the 10 day grace period twice? Once for each lockdown? Its not very clear is it.

No because they only leave the property once! It’s a grace period of 10 days from when level 5 is lifted which has prevented the tenant from leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Hontou

Roski707 wrote: »

The RTB told me that the 10 days did not have to factored in for my dates - yet their website implies it does. I got conflicting information on this from different staff in the RTB too. The tenants were told by Threshold that the 10 days has to be factored in twice, one for each lockdown. I just added the 10 days rather than fight with the tenants about it. It is very annoying though that the RTB and Threshold are giving conflicting advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Roski707

Hontou wrote: »
    The tenants were told by Threshold that the 10 days has to be factored in twice, one for each lockdown.

My understanding is that all notice periods are paused for the days of level 5 plus 10 days after. To me that means that you factor in the 10 days twice.
    Better to be safe anyway.

Advertisement