Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Australia 2021

Options
  • 12-04-2021 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

So this is back again - starts next Tuesday (20th) in Australia (it'll be here later this year probably...)

Trailer and more info here:
    https://www.newidea.com.au/masterchef-australia-2021-premiere-date

This show is comfort food (pun intended) ... I can't wait to get into it again. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Yayy! Himself will be delighted - more cooking s*** lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just saw that this starts today (not tomorrow like I originally thought) :)

Yup got it ready to go for us tonight. Looking forward to the second job that is following this for 3 months :D

The standard is insane. :)

Mr E wrote: »
    The standard is insane. :)

Certainly is! Love the Bangladeshi woman - wouldn't eat her sardines - but Iiked her!

• Advertisement

One thing I note is the prize money is still the same. 250k is chump change for them vs what they take in advertising for this. Average house price in Sydney is probably 3 times that.

Ah you know Masterchef OZ has started for real when you hear Katy Perry at the start :)

How are people finding it this year? The standard has been great so far but to be honest we're just not feeling it this year for some reason.

How are people finding it this year? The standard has been great so far but to be honest we're just not feeling it this year for some reason.

Standard is excellent as expected but yes it doesn't have the same feel about it. I know they are trying to make up for not having all the crowd challenges etc.
    Melissa is more annoying then last year and she must have a new stylist because 90% of her outfits are shocking (,nothing to do with the cooking but still :)!

Ah it's OK, still very very watchable. I think it was better last year, though.
    There are no really strong personalities in the contestants at the moment.

Nobody is standing out, and it's hard to pick a winner.

(Agree about Melissa - she has become very shouty)

• Advertisement

A lot of hugging and kissing in the last 2 episodes! Rules must have changed during filming

First shocker of the season there with Therese going home and not playing the pin. What was she thinking :confused:

Therese had some bottle not to use it! She was a strong cook too. Doh.
    I was sure she'd use it with 3 seconds to go.

Mr E wrote: »
    Therese had some bottle not to use it! She was a strong cook too. Doh.
    I was sure she'd use it with 3 seconds to go.

But she knew she had a disaster on her hands. She should have had some common sense. Even the gallery were telling her to use it.

They are doing service challenges in a restaurant with real people! Noone has a mask on, not even the staff. Oh remember those days!!

Liked the challenges this week 4 on 4 with the pros.

Tom going out was a big one but he's got a chance to get back in this week from the looks of it. No idea what he was thinking picking croc.

For me the favourites at this point are Depinder and Kiswar.

Tom going out was a big one but he's got a chance to get back in this week from the looks of it. No idea what he was thinking picking croc.

For me the favourites at this point are Depinder and Kiswar.

Yep. Andy suggested he change protein and he said no! 2 people returning to the competition.

But I have to agree Depinder and Kiswar are clearly the favourites (much as I like Brent). Some of the others are hardly ever shown, can't remember some of their names!

Wow I was wondering when this would come up, I remember the "I can't cook" line from the start of the series intro. Gutted for the man but a brave move to walk away.

That was hard to watch. I'm sure the pressure in that show is enormous.

• Advertisement

We were sat here disgusted with the orange team this evening, they're not just going to cut the legs of 30 ducks and use those are they????? They sure were, horrible waste of food and would have been terrible to see but for the fact the judges stepped in and made them think better of it.

Could be a shock exit in the pressure test tomorrow too given those in it.

Pork Wellington.... yum. How nice did that look?

Another pressure-base contestant meltdown too.

Go Justin!!!! I was convinced he'd be out on his arse by now but coming into form nicely this week with I think it was 3 great cooks back to back?. Possibly a dark horse.

Some great stuff all round this week.

Getting near the end now. Who is your money on to win it?

Hmm Pete is good but Justin seems to be creeping up. There are a couple though who don't seem to get as much airtime as others so it could be a surprise!

Tommy, Justin and Pete but with Pete there is a nervousness still there with him every time he puts up a dish.

Depinder has come seriously close to going out twice I think in the last week, once with under cooked rice I think it was.

Tommy, Justin and Pete but with Pete there is a nervousness still there with him every time he puts up a dish.

Depinder has come seriously close to going out twice I think in the last week, once with under cooked rice I think it was.

Yeah she was lucky that time. Forgot about Tommy!

So finals week two weeks, my favourites gone already pretty much. It's between Pete and Justin.... though haven't seen todays episode and might have jinxed those guys,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

That undercooked bird will haunt him, but the scoring was all over the place. Getting a 6 for that and was it 10's from the others doesn't make sense. Good winner in the end.

• Advertisement

Yeah he did best in the pressure test and that's why he won. Good finale though - really enjoyed the season overall.

Advertisement