Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exporting Firearm

Options
  • 12-04-2021 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I have an El Reno shotgun in my name which was previously belonging to an older relative of mine. He has been living in Australia for the last 30 - odd years and I would like to send him his old side by side as a gift.
    Has anyone done similar and know what processes are involved for exporting/importing a firearm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Find out what the Aussies require for him to be able to own a license and possess get him to do the paperwork for such down under. You get onto the Dept of Justice website and download the forms for exporting a firearm to a non-EU country, and probably a Garda removal order,as they will have to cancel your license up here before you export it?

In the meantime find a courier company that will ship it down to Auz that doesn't cost as much as buying one brand new down there.:eek: and send it off to him once you have the Auz paperwork stating he is entitled to possess and import down under,and you have fed such thru the aGS to clear the shipment. simple really.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement