Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Testing Megathread Part 4 - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Toodles_27

Mine haven't started coughing but one of the smallies had quite a runny nose. No temps or any signs of covid anyway but keeping an eye anyway , cheers! I wonder if all the usual coughs and colds they didn't get in jan/Feb due to lock down are catching up now with us

Said very same thing myself earlier. Cough took day or so to arrive here and lingers. Started with sore throats, running nose etc Eldest child was 1st to get it and she’s well over it now. Youngest still not 100% I’m still coughing but I’ve asthma so bad chest anyway. Husband last to get it and he was very bad this morning but coming round now. Seems to go as quick as it comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

Anyone else aware of a nasty viral doing the rounds. Loads of kids on my road coughing chesty productive coughs and runny noses. All negative for C19

My son has something like this. But no temperature.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I need to book 2 tests today. The gp called and told me I can book online for any test centre but I can only see the walk in centres online. Does anyone know if I can contact punchestown or similar to book?

You just turn up I think. Can book for four centres but you can walk in to any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

fits wrote: »
    You just turn up I think. Can book for four centres but you can walk in to any of them.

Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Youngest (7) has the kind of cold described above.. gave it a few days but then gave in and 3 of us tested yesterday in Citywest after his cough developed.

30 minutes from driving in the gate to driving out again, amazing efficiency.

Test results came 28 hours later. All negative thankfully.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I had the same does a few weeks back. Caught it from a friend who's in my "bubble", one of his kids brought it home. Symptoms were sore throat that went away quickly, followed by mad amount of runny nose, no fever. Lasted 24 hours in me and the next morning I woke up and pretty much entirely gone as quickly as it had come. Also tested negative for Covid.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭megaten

Wibbs wrote: »
    I had the same does a few weeks back. Caught it from a friend who's in my "bubble", one of his kids brought it home. Symptoms were sore throat that went away quickly, followed by mad amount of runny nose, no fever. Lasted 24 hours in me and the next morning I woke up and pretty much entirely gone as quickly as it had come. Also tested negative for Covid.

Had something similar yesterday. Throat pain and difficulty speaking which gave way to a more ordinary phlegmy bug/infection symptoms as the day went on. Test came back negative during lunch.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

When I had it I couldn't believe the human body could produce so much snotters. :D Just running like a tap. I've read that this Indian variant has symptoms very like what we're describing but the tests say no so...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

• Registered Users Posts: 13,912 ✭✭✭✭josip

Has anyone used gosafe48 ?
    https://gosafe48.ie/

In particular, do you get the antigen results within 1 hour?
    ie are they reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭iffandonlyif

Hey. Does anyone know where the Randox test centre in Dun Laoghaire is? The address given is just Harbour Road, Dun Laoghaire, which is bizarrely unspecific.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,093 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Hey. Does anyone know where the Randox test centre in Dun Laoghaire is? The address given is just Harbour Road, Dun Laoghaire, which is bizarrely unspecific.

If you go to https://booking.randox.ie/

Scroll down to where to find us and zoom in it shows the exact location on Google Maps.

557147.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭iffandonlyif

If you go to https://booking.randox.ie/

Scroll down to where to find us and zoom in it shows the exact location on Google Maps.

557147.JPG

Ah, great. Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭murtyd17

Does anyone.know if kids (5 year old) can get tested in a drop in centres? Below (extract from HSE) it says you must be over 16, but I got 5 year old tested at a drop in center a few weeks ago (but maybe this was allowed at the time due to cyber attack)

You can get a test if you:

are aged 16 years or more
    live in the same area as the walk-in test centre
    have not tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 9 months - only get another test if you have symptoms of COVID-19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Working at the Irish Open golf. Had to do a PCR test yesterday. Book in with one of the biggest countrywide privates testing outfits. In and out in 10 min. No bother. Got results in morning. Negative.

Massive flaw in system. Never asked for ID. Wasn't overlooked. It's not even part of their process. WTAF! Anyone could have gone in and impersonated me if I was riddled but needed a positive test. Unbelievable at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Getting a test tomorrow evening in Croke Park Handball Alley. Does anyone know if there's parking nearby?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Going for test today.

Woke up with a sore throat, seems to be spreading to chest, starting to cough a bit. Don't feel great. Was same progression as when I had it in March 2021. Hopefully just a cold.

OH was laughing at me going to get tested, even if it is a cold I need to establish whether it is or not before I can go back to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Anyone know what the turnaround for results are these days? Centre dependent?

Was the only person at the centre, in and out in 5 mins so hopefully even get it this evening.

• Advertisement

On Sunday it was about 24 hours.

Our whole household has been sick all week. Kids got not detected results on Monday but grownups got tested today just to be sure. For me I started getting symptoms on Saturday that went away and then came back. . Am starting to cough today. Don’t have any of the typical covid symptoms otherwise. It’s a bad head cold ( I hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

On Sunday it was about 24 hours.

Our whole household has been sick all week. Kids got not detected results on Monday but grownups got tested today just to be sure. For me I started getting symptoms on Saturday that went away and then came back. . Am starting to cough today. Don’t have any of the typical covid symptoms otherwise. It’s a bad head cold ( I hope)
    Experience in UK with Delta variant is that the symptoms reported are more akin to a bad cold than what was reported e.g. last year

Experience in UK with Delta variant is that the symptoms reported are more akin to a bad cold than what was reported e.g. last year

I know. That’s why we got tested even though hse websites don’t reflect this change in symptom profile. Will report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 thway14

Anyone know what the order reference/confirmation number is? All I received after booking my test was an email with info about my appointment. No number. This is for randox btw

thway14 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the order reference/confirmation number is? All I received after booking my test was an email with info about my appointment. No number. This is for randox btw

You should get 2 emails, one a confirmation of order received and the 2nd email starts with

Hi Bob,
    We have finished processing your order.
    [Order #387968] (20/06/2021)

I know. That’s why we got tested even though hse websites don’t reflect this change in symptom profile. Will report back.

Not detected. It’s an absolute pig of a dose though. 6 days and counting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Casarina

Mimon wrote: »
    Going for test today.

Woke up with a sore throat, seems to be spreading to chest, starting to cough a bit. Don't feel great. Was same progression as when I had it in March 2021. Hopefully just a cold.

OH was laughing at me going to get tested, even if it is a cold I need to establish whether it is or not before I can go back to work.

Hi Mimon, just wondering if you got your test results yet. My daughter has same symptoms and went for test yesterday but not back yet... waiting killing us...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Casarina

Casarina wrote: »
    Hi Mimon, just wondering if you got your test results yet. My daughter has same symptoms and went for test yesterday but not back yet... waiting killing us...

Test just back. Negative. Just a dose going round obviously

Went to gosafe48 this evening.
    They are very deep in Rosemount Business Park.
    Tiny but efficient testing location, co-sited with the lab for fast results.
    Results back exactly 4 hours later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 thway14

Went to get tested yesterday (friday) at 15:20. More than 24 hours later and still haven't received my results by mail. Should I be getting worried? I have a flight tomorrow morning so can't really afford to have it done again.

Advertisement