Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Testing Megathread Part 4 - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

thway14 wrote: »
    Went to get tested yesterday (friday) at 15:20. More than 24 hours later and still haven't received my results by mail. Should I be getting worried? I have a flight tomorrow morning so can't really afford to have it done again.

I had a test Friday morning and was told I'd get my result today. Is there a glut of tests being done causing slowness in the system?

UPDATE: Just got the HSE text at 9.30pm. negative thankfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Spiral Notebook

Tested Friday at 15.40, still no result. Anybody tested Friday afternoon still waiting on result?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Tested Friday at 15.40, still no result. Anybody tested Friday afternoon still waiting on result?

I think they suggest that if you are still waiting after 48 hours, you should contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Spiral Notebook

vienne86 wrote: »
    I think they suggest that if you are still waiting after 48 hours, you should contact them.

Contacted HSELive and had a call back within 20 minutes with my results, negative thankfully! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jams100

Woke up with a sore throat last night so got tested at 12pm today in citywest.
    Presuming I should hear back at some stage tomorrow?

Good to see a few others posted here with similar symptoms, with a subsequent negative result, hopefully its just something unrelated going around.

Will follow up here when result is given

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Had to book whole family into testing this morning due to an asymptomatic close contact, one of the kids was showing symptoms over the weekend but they quickly went away, now both have symptoms this morning. Annoying to get this close to the end and catch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jams100

jams100 wrote: »
    Woke up with a sore throat last night so got tested at 12pm today in citywest.
    Presuming I should hear back at some stage tomorrow?

Good to see a few others posted here with similar symptoms, with a subsequent negative result, hopefully its just something unrelated going around.

Will follow up here when result is given

Result back after 27 hours, no Covid thankfully :cool:

Probably some cold or something going around so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Are there any Covid tests that don't involve a probe being jammed to the back of your sinus, or are there any in the pipeline?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 6,674 ✭✭✭Allinall

Seanachai wrote: »
    Are there any Covid tests that don't involve a probe being jammed to the back of your sinus, or are there any in the pipeline?

Stick with the ones up the nose.

Getting one in the pipeline sounds way worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,093 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

There is but think I would prefer the nasal swab.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210128/china-using-anal-swabs-for-covid-testing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Allinall wrote: »
    Stick with the ones up the nose.

Getting one in the pipeline sounds way worse.

Poor choice of words lol, I heard that there was supposed to be one that only requires a nostril swab.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Had to book whole family into testing this morning due to an asymptomatic close contact, one of the kids was showing symptoms over the weekend but they quickly went away, now both have symptoms this morning. Annoying to get this close to the end and catch it.

Bought some antigen tests today tested wife and one of the kids, both negative, not counting on the results being correct but hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,912 ✭✭✭✭josip

gosafe24 do a nasal swab.
    Must be trying to boost the national "not detected" percentage

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I heard of three people who were close contacts of a friend who tested positive. Before the friend got their result, they did antigen tests, and one of the three was positive. When they did PCR tests, all three were positive.

fits wrote: »
    Not detected. It’s an absolute pig of a dose though. 6 days and counting here.

Think this might be what we have tbh, expecting to get results sometime this morning

Not detected. It’s an absolute pig of a dose though. 6 days and counting here.

Think this might be what we have tbh, expecting to get results sometime this morning

Woop all clear, so yeah there's a really bad dose going around the matches pretty well with what they are saying are the new Delta symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

VinLieger wrote: »
    Woop all clear, so yeah there's a really bad dose going around the matches pretty well with what they are saying are the new Delta symptoms.

We are still not fully right 10 days later. 4/4 negative results

We are still not fully right 10 days later. 4/4 negative results

Me and wife not feeling it too much 2 kids are very hoarse with a wet cough stil. All 4 negative like yourselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Philbert

Hi folks,

Searched high and low but just couldn't get a conclusive answer.

Does anyone know which of the Dublin HSE test centers offer drive through? I.e. Remain in the car throughout?

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/covid19/testing/walk-in-test-centres/

Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭howiya

The one on the grounds of Beaumont Hospital looks drive through

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

RDS Simmonscourt, seen them perform swabs in the car park area

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭treade1

Does anyone know if you can get Covid T-Spot Testing done in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Vaccinated30

Any idea how long tests are taking now?

Also my OH was tested today (ironically he was supposed to be vaccinated today) however I am fully vaxxed does this mean I need to restrict movement's? HSE says fully vaxxed people do not need to isolate if close contact so I assume its the same kind of thing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Where is the best place to buy rapid antigen tests in Ireland incl online ?

And roughly how much are they ?

TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

I need to go to the North for a couple of weeks and I'm required to get an LFD test done beforehand. I could go to Randox or whoever, but I prefer to do it at home.

It seems you can get these kits from pharmacies in the UK, but I can't find anyone who sells them here. Is it just not possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You can buy tests in Lidl and CircleK - but they almost certainly want you to do an NHS one which can be registered on their systems rather than a random one. Verify that bit before spending money on one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

I'm in Limerick at the moment so I can't get an NHS one. I'm guessing that if I go to a Randox (a two hour round trip) and get tested there they will email me the result an hour or two later and the NHS won't be informed at all - I would show the email to any interested authorities in the North if I get asked.

Advertisement