Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭crossman47

Garlinge wrote: »
    Just thought others might like to know how we got on with visit to Aviva today. Other half had 9 30 am appointment and was out the door done and dusted by 10 am. I had 2 50pm appointment and joined a Q outside at 2 40pm. A long Q snaking around and took about an hour to get indoors.

It was a bit of a wind tunnel so unpleasant NE wind despite sunshine. So another hour of several Q's indoors. I must admit to having left at end without full 15 minute wait as was worried about car on meter over time. There was onstreet parking even one right outside Aviva but one I used was limited to 60 minutes. Quite a lot of construction traffic on Shelbourne Road so busy enough tho there were spaces about.

Big mistake to have dressed lightly as got very cold. I could have brought a folding stool, a book or headphones and a drink. There are water dispensers inside building but took a bit to work out how they worked (footpedal activates waterflow). The entry point and start of the Q is on the eastern side of the building so not into those doors that front onto Landsdowne Road. Plenty of bike parking spots near to Q area. At no time did anyone check who was in the Q as to the time of their appointment. But in the end the flow thru was limited by the time the vaccinators took to do the jabs. Sometimes we moved smoothly along and other times we seemed to stall.

A great view of the main rugby pitch!

There was a similar report from City West yesterday. There should be an organiser to bring people in at their appointed time and not let others jump the queue (as appears to be the case).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Had heard this was going to be done back in January. Surprised it took so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭rameire

[PHP][/PHP]
    exitfee wrote: »
    Nice

J&J will be doing the same in Limerick

You sure?
    I was told only J&J staff in the USA were getting the jab from the company.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭finneys13

Skygord wrote: »
    If you qualify then go get protected with any vaccine there now, and accept you'll probably need to do a 2nd trip for the 2nd dose. We'll get the rest of ROI done one dose quicker too.

Getting my vaccine in Belfast next Tuesday now, second one in early July

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

jellybear wrote: »
    From their website- Free parking will be available at the multi-storey car-park in DCU for people attending for vaccination. This is accessible from Collins Avenue, Dublin 9.

Thank you! I should have looked there before posting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭Polar101

You’d have to wonder why we’ve fallen so far back from the top of the charts for doses administered to the bottom 5/6 around the EU if were all getting the same amounts from the EU.

There's some differences in the way EU countries are administering doses too, for example Finland is holding back the second dose - they look good on the first dose stats, but worse on the overall.

So while EU countries get "the same amount" of vaccines, they don't use it the same way - so directly comparing progress based on stats is more difficult.

Does anyone know if TU Grangegorman is still going to be a vaccination centre? It was announced back in February but isn't on the current list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭rameire

exitfee wrote: »
    Friend working there said they were getting once approval is done, was talking to him this week, will probably be announced soon.He's on site btw, not sure if WFH or family will get it, he never told me that

Cheers. Have a family member in Cork site was advised no vaccine. It may have changed since last spoken to though which would be good news.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭eoinbn

Do we have supply numbers for CureVac? You would assume they'd have similar efficacy to Pfizer/Moderna.

The trial results should be out in the next couple of weeks. The overall figure will be lower as they will have had to contend with the South American variant.

I think someone has got their wires crossed. Curevac don't have the manufacturing capacity to make a huge dent. 10m doses is the target for Q2. It was 50m but they are struggling sourcing materials. The German government is trying to help but I don't think they have been able to source what they need

'Vaccines for all at the end of May' is probably due to a huge spike from Pfizer/BioNtech which is due to start at the end of May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Pfizer have 4,000 staff here. I suppose that could be 15k plus family members. A nice little boost.

Purely selfish from Pfizer. They don’t want tons of staff on bereavement leave when their family members get AZ or J&J

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Why do we have 200k doses in storage? No excuse for that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Anyone know how long the standard wait time is for someone who has registered on the portal?

I see a lot of people saying they reg'd and were vaccinated a few days later. My mother (68 with emphysema) registered on Thursday but has had no message since. Is that normal?

She reckons she was told it would take 3-7 days to hear back? Or was it that her appointment would give her 3-7 days notice?

I know lots of people who registered Thurs-Monday, but I am the only one so far who got an appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭embraer170

Not sure where the vaccines for all in Germany by May is coming from?

The news in NRW today is that there would be vaccines for 60% of the population (not clear if that is adults or all) by July (Source).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Purely selfish from Pfizer. They don’t want tons of staff on bereavement leave when their family members get AZ or J&J

:P

I almost took the bait :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Just seeing that the German vaccine committee SITKO has said that all people under 60 can also receive AZ as long as they have spoken to a doctor first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

revelman wrote: »
    Just seeing that the German vaccine committee SITKO has said that all people under 60 can also receive AZ as long as they have spoken to a doctor first.
    Ireland will probably follow fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,700 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Ireland will probably follow fairly quickly.

I thought we already ruled out the informed conset option for AZ for under 60s?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,270 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Gael23 wrote: »

It's been explained multiple times.

Pfizer always has a buffer
    Moderna - 50% held back
    J&J paused
    AZ - Stockpile from the pause, all to be used in 65-69 which kicked off properly on Tuesday again in MVC

As they come in they go out that's how it's worked, nothing new here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Gael23 wrote: »

If we used them all and went a week without vaccinating anyone, you'd complain about that. We're still getting over 90% of vaccines into arms within a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Has the EU bought any of the Novavax vaccine? And will Curevac have sufficient production capacity to supply the EU in a ‘meaningful’ way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

• Registered Users Posts: 20,998 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The EU were negotiating a contract with Novavax but Novavax said they wouldn't have enough doses to supply the EU any time soon. Maybe later in the year but probably after we've vaccinated everyone with other vaccines. We should be getting decent quantities of Curevac when it's approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

That is a very good result. Efficacy was seen across all cohorts. Where there was breakthrough infections of covid individuals had much less severe symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Micky 32 wrote: »

Is that self parody, given he has refused a vaccine shot already?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Is that self parody, given he has refused a vaccine shot already?
    he refused skipping the queue, don't twist it into something stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

In his own opinion, not in the opinion of the people tasked with the ordering of the queue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

He refused the vaccine because it didn't meet his microchip expectations. Fact!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement