Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Sconsey wrote: »
    Have they completely thrown out their own plan at this stage? What happened to following the plan they have published which states the high risk come after the over (or even parallel) with the obver 65's. I suppose the tweet says they are asking peopel to register, not that stating when thy will be scheduled. Still though.

The 60-64 age group are getting a different vaccine to the high risk groups. It wouldn't make any sense to wait for high risk to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sd1999

Have they completely thrown out their own plan at this stage? What happened to following the plan they have published which states the high risk come after the over (or even parallel) with the obver 65's. I suppose the tweet says they are asking peopel to register, not that stating when thy will be scheduled. Still though.

Over 60s are getting AZ and cohorts 4 and 7 aren’t. There’s no reason to delay the over 60s because the AZ vaccines can’t be prioritised for anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭horse7

Are hospital consultants going through their patient list and getting urgent people vaccinated?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

The reporting on HSE and the Covid hub seems to be a bit out of line with the cohorts now. Cohort 5 has 4423 first doses done as at Tuesday which I assume is 65-69 but the hub still shows that as being high risk 65-69?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Mum got her first dose today (Moderna). That's now all the vulnerable in my immediate family with at least one dose. The mind is getting more at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Lucas Hood wrote: »

About 5000 AZ. Hopefully that's down to lag rather than an accurate reflection of the MVCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Exactly , at this stage they'll be vaccinating the 30s and many high risk will still be waiting...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

This feels on the low side? Or is it as expected this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

The auld tart on RTE radio seems to be against vaccine passports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I think its a case of what a famous Prussian General said back in the 19th Century-

" No battle plan survives the first contact with the enemy! " or words to that effect. I'll accept that rationale, so long as it doesn't descend into a keystone cops scenario...

TheDoctor wrote: »
    This feels on the low side? Or is it as expected this week?

Best Tuesday yet I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sd1999

Zipppy wrote: »
    Exactly , at this stage they'll be vaccinating the 30s and many high risk will still be waiting...

They won’t because under 60s, high risk or not, will be getting Pfizer or Moderna. Both of those will be prioritised for high risk people before moving on to the general population. Over 60s got lucky with the AZ ruling but they’re the only group that will be getting vaccinated a bit ahead of the high risk groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

horse7 wrote: »
    Are hospital consultants going through their patient list and getting urgent people vaccinated?
    Anecdotally yes. I know of a few this week. How they are organising it, though, is a complete mystery!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I was going to say I was disappointed by that, but as has been pointed out above, that is actually in line with previous Tuesdays. Not the biggest, but not far off. There may also be a lag in data that will bring it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Just wondering if anyone here in NI had a vaccine?
    I am able to book an appointment now (35-39).
    I didn't need NHS number, dob and address was sufficient.
    I am just wondering do I need proof of address when I attend at the SSE? (Have UK passport etc for photo ID)
    I can go home to get a letter or something but would be a serious trek!, Is it something they are checking?

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Best Tuesday yet I think.

3rd highest with 20010

6 april (21004) and 30 March (20885) were higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

sd1999 wrote: »
    They won’t because under 60s, high risk or not, will be getting Pfizer or Moderna. Both of those will be prioritised for high risk people before moving on to the general population. Over 60s got lucky with the AZ ruling but they’re the only group that will be getting vaccinated a bit ahead of the high risk groups.

So we're saying that current vaccinations are:

Remaining over 70s: Pfizer
    65-69s: AZ
    High Risk/Very High Risk: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭SJFly

sd1999 wrote: »

It will be interesting to see what happens next in the MVCs when over 60s are done, which could be quite soon in some regions. The GP rollout is slow, with deliveries every other week. I think it's unlikely group 7 will be finished before the MVCs could be on to over 50s. I don't particularly have a problem with that, but I imagine it will cause a lot of outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Does anyone have a rough estimate of the daily vaccination numbers in City West .I am just curious really .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,000 ✭✭✭✭josip

When should we expect to see the 65-69 year olds' doses reflected in the dashboard, today, tomorrow, next week?
    https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/pages/vaccinations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭crossman47

The press have photos this morning of queues at Aviva. They really have to sort this out by not letting people jump the queue by arriving early. No sign of social distancing either.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

crossman47 wrote: »
    The press have photos this morning of queues at Aviva. They really have to sort this out by not letting people jump the queue by arriving early. No sign of social distancing either.

Definetly needs to be sorted in City West .A friend of mine arrived on time and queued for 50 minutes due to people arriving far too early .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Russman

SJFly wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see what happens next in the MVCs when over 60s are done, which could be quite soon in some regions. The GP rollout is slow, with deliveries every other week. I think it's unlikely group 7 will be finished before the MVCs could be on to over 50s. I don't particularly have a problem with that, but I imagine it will cause a lot of outrage.

Yeah, groups 4 & 7 seem to have become a bit of a black hole. I've no problem with any of the rollout tbh, I realise its down to supply which is out of HSE control. I'm way down the list anyway and tend to the view that they're the experts, let them at it. But you can't help feeling that identifying groups 4 & 7 should really have been done 6 months ago and the lists ready to go. Hard not to feel sorry for someone who is waiting for their GP or consultant to get the finger out, if it ended up that they were down to doing the 40s or 50s in MVCs in a few weeks while some vulnerable were still waiting.

I take all of that back, if that's not the actual situation on the ground. Everyone is doing their best with what they have to work with.

josip wrote: »
    When should we expect to see the 65-69 year olds' doses reflected in the dashboard, today, tomorrow, next week?
    https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/pages/vaccinations

They are there - cohort 5. Just around 4.5k now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Definetly needs to be sorted in City West .A friend of mine arrived on time and queued for 50 minutes due to people arriving far too early .

Mother in law went yesterday to Cork City Hall and it was the same. She arrived 5-10 mins before her appointment time only to find a massive queue in front of her and ended up waiting nearly an hour to be seen.

3rd highest with 20010

6 april (21004) and 30 March (20885) were higher.

I'm going off the new reported doses (todays cumulative compared to yesterday).

https://twitter.com/COVID19DataIE/status/1385169511523946496?s=19

I'm going off the new reported doses (todays cumulative compared to yesterday).

https://twitter.com/COVID19DataIE/status/1385169511523946496?s=19

I'm going off the reported number for Tuesday on hse vaccine site Mondays total has changed from yesterdays report to today's.

Perhaps the report needs to be changed to "since the last update there have been x amount done " as days totals are updated after they're reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

We don't appear to be doing very well I. The grand scheme of things:

https://twitter.com/MaxCRoser/status/1385171138045779970?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

They are there - cohort 5. Just around 4.5k now.

But C5 is defined as 64-69 at high risk?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement