Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Humour Me

I’m in cohort 4 and just got my vaccine appointment for tomorrow. I’m delighted. I was originally scheduled to get the AZ the same weekend that NIAC announced they they were reviewing the use of AZ. I was in the car on the way to the centre when I got the cancellation text, so I have been waiting since to get a new appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭crossman47

titan18 wrote: »
    Tbf, every experience with the HSE I have is the times of appointments aren't worth the paper they're written on. Even the secretaries themselves in places I go say ignore it and just come along when they open and you're seen in the order you arrive.

Can't blame people for assuming it's the same here when that's what the HSE do in multiple places anyway.

Well the time did mean something at the GP clinic I went to. Then there were people who arrived an hour early complaining there was no waiting room for them! Some people can't or won't read their messages.

Does anyone know what vaccine they are using in the sse arena? Is it predominantly Astrazeneca for the 35-39 year old?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭celt262

Does anyone know what vaccine they are using in the sse arena? Is it predominantly Astrazeneca for the 35-39 year old?

No its widely reported that vaccine is for the over 60's only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

celt262 wrote: »
    No its widely reported that vaccine is for the over 60's only.

I think they mean SSE Arena, Belfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

I was there two hours in total yesterday afternoon. I waited in car and joined very long Q 10 mins before my appointment time. In the Q outside in a cold wind, everyone was wearing masks and kept apart save for one couple who were together. The Q snaked around and after about an hour, we got to a desk outside where details were checked before proceeding indoors. There was no Q outside when I emerged c 4 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

My appointment was for 3.30 yesterday afternoon at Aviva. Arrived 10 minutes early, about 300 people ahead of me.

The queue was outside on the footpath, then snaking through a car park area. Freezing cold. We edged our way along for an hour.

Next was inside. Queue in corridor, then up an escalator to queue in another corridor about the length of the rugby pitch. This queue turned back on itself. Very warm, no windows open. About 100 people in this corridor.

We then arrived at the registration area. A bit like the security queue at Dublin airport. Person on the other side of the rope beside you was on top of you. You had to register at a table type set up. Terrible bottleneck here. People beside you, walking past you. Many idiots with masks under their nose but not a word said to them.

After registration, back in to another queue, then up another escalator. Very long horse shoe type corridor here. Over 100 people ahead of me. Finally get to area where you get the jab. This section a bit disorganised with more bottleneck situations.

After the jab you make your way to a place where you sit for 15 minutes. Lots of staff and people milling about.

I felt safer in a supermarket.

It was tiring and uncomfortable. Got my jab about an hour and a half after my scheduled appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 maviesk

Yes AstraZeneca is being used at the SSE Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

maviesk wrote: »
    Yes AstraZeneca is being used at the SSE Arena.
    I have heard same.
    I am booked in
    27 April and 6th July for two jabs (all confirmed via website and email after)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,600 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Do they check ID at the test centers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sd1999

Just a question for those who’ve had their first Pfizer dose, do you get the date for your second appointment at the same time as the first appointment date, or do you get your dose and wait for a text in four weeks with the second appointment?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sd1999

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

It says in the text to bring photo ID . And you will not be allowed in the vaccination centre without it

sd1999 wrote: »
    Yes

Alright.
    Would something like a medical card/bank card do?

sd1999 wrote: »
    Just a question for those who’ve had their first Pfizer dose, do you get the date for your second appointment at the same time as the first appointment date, or do you get your dose and wait for a text in four weeks with the second appointment?

My husband got Pfizer in the GP last Saturday and given a date for 4 weeks from then

Alright.
    Would something like a medical card/bank card do?

it specifically says Photo ID
    Driving licence
    Pps card or passport

What to bring

Bring your appointment information to the vaccination centre. This will be on your mobile phone or in a letter.

You will also need to bring your photo ID.

This can be your:

passport - book or card
    driving licence
    Public Services Card
    travel pass
    National Age Card - issued by the Gardaí
    identification form with a photograph signed by a member of the Gardaí - get this from a Garda station

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    It says in the text to bring photo ID . And you will not be allowed in the vaccination centre without it

Hopefully they'll accept an expired passport, since I can't renew it.

titan18 wrote: »
    Hopefully they'll accept an expired passport, since I can't renew it.

I would think they will in this instance

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    it specifically says Photo ID
    Driving licence
    Pps card or passport

What to bring

Bring your appointment information to the vaccination centre. This will be on your mobile phone or in a letter.

You will also need to bring your photo ID.

This can be your:

passport - book or card
    driving licence
    Public Services Card
    travel pass
    National Age Card - issued by the Gardaí
    identification form with a photograph signed by a member of the Gardaí - get this from a Garda station

Thanks, I’m just thinking when my mother registers.
    The town land on her license is different to the one that come up when you put in our eircode. We literally moved a few feet.
    Should this be an issue?

Thanks, I’m just thinking when my mother registers.
    The town land on her license is different to the one that come up when you put in our eircode. We literally moved a few feet.
    Should this be an issue?

I doubt very much that will be an issue
    They wont have time to look at such things I imagine .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

My appointment was for 3.30 yesterday afternoon at Aviva. Arrived 10 minutes early, about 300 people ahead of me.

The queue was outside on the footpath, then snaking through a car park area. Freezing cold. We edged our way along for an hour.

Next was inside. Queue in corridor, then up an escalator to queue in another corridor about the length of the rugby pitch. This queue turned back on itself. Very warm, no windows open. About 100 people in this corridor.

We then arrived at the registration area. A bit like the security queue at Dublin airport. Person on the other side of the rope beside you was on top of you. You had to register at a table type set up. Terrible bottleneck here. People beside you, walking past you. Many idiots with masks under their nose but not a word said to them.

After registration, back in to another queue, then up another escalator. Very long horse shoe type corridor here. Over 100 people ahead of me. Finally get to area where you get the jab. This section a bit disorganised with more bottleneck situations.

After the jab you make your way to a place where you sit for 15 minutes. Lots of staff and people milling about.

I felt safer in a supermarket.

It was tiring and uncomfortable. Got my jab about an hour and a half after my scheduled appointment.

That sounds pretty horrific. Like imagine if someone actually has covid there and spreads it cos of that. Hopefully they iron that out as that seems a ridiculous system.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Russman

J&J decision supposedly put back til next week......
    https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0422/1211323-covid-ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Russman wrote: »

I'd usually give out at the likes of this but in fairness:

"The committee members are involved in several international meetings relating to the jab and NIAC will wait until after those meetings to issue its findings."

That sounds reasonable enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,881 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Russman wrote: »

It looks like they are waiting on further talks with officials from other EU countries and see what they intend doing before rushing into a decision (which probably makes sense.....they could go in one direction with the vaccine only to find that most other EU states have gone off in another).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I suspect NIAC postponing is because the lack of data on which to base the decisions on. No European country has administered the vaccine. We're almost exclusively relying on the US where the situation is largely in flux. They only recently paused to make clinicians aware of the adverse event. It's possible now that awareness has grown more cases will be identified and a more accurate rate of incidence identified.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Mwengwe

Great to see. We need more posts like this. My sister got the same text this morning. One person at a time!

My parent is in Group 5 and hasn't been given an appointment, should I be contacting someone? I don't want to be hassling people but it's very frustrating seeing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,881 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Turtwig wrote: »
    I suspect NIAC postponing is because the lack of data on which to base the decisions on. No European country has administered the vaccine. We're almost exclusively relying on the US where the situation is largely in flux. They only recently paused to make clinicians aware of the adverse event. It's possible now that awareness has grown more cases will be identified and a more accurate rate of incidence identified.

I guess another factor is that J & J deliveries have been low so far, given them a bit more time before they come to a decision on what to do.

Mwengwe wrote: »
    My parent is in Group 4 and hasn't been given an appointment, should I be contacting someone? I don't want to be hassling people but it's very frustrating seeing this.

I’m in North Cork and our center is in Mallow and nobody has being called yet.(apparently)

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Mwengwe

I’m in North Cork and our center is in Mallow and nobody has being called yet.(apparently)

Ah right fair enough. It's more the feeling of guilt that I should be doing something more about it.

• Advertisement

Mwengwe wrote: »
    Ah right fair enough. It's more the feeling of guilt that I should be doing something more about it.

A quick phone call wouldn’t really cause to much hassle for somebody.
    Are others being called in your area?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement