Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Thanks

How is it possible that 8 people have received a 2nd dose in Cohort 5 when they only commenced vaccination this week?

Potentially queue skippers who have now been allocated to the correct cohort.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

1 million first doses hit today.

Another milestone

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭LimerickGray

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Potentially queue skippers who have now been allocated to the correct cohort.

Sour grapes here now but how are there so many cohort 7 being vaccinated when cohort4 is not complete

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

TheDoctor wrote: »

Another milestone

Great to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Ireland now has 24.8% of eligible adults vaccinated with their first dose, which is in line with the EU median. They have administrated 10% of second doses to eligible adult population.

https://vaccinetracker.ecdc.europa.eu/public/extensions/COVID-19/vaccine-tracker-mobile.html#uptake-tab

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Sour grapes here now but how are there so many cohort 7 being vaccinated when cohort4 is not complete
    Probably very specific local circumstances. With expected supplies this all should be rectified soon enough. That old favourite - the next two weeks applies here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Another milestone

Fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,737 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Ireland now has 24.8% of eligible adults vaccinated with their first dose, which is in line with the EU median. They have administrated 10% of second doses to eligible adult population.

https://vaccinetracker.ecdc.europa.eu/public/extensions/COVID-19/vaccine-tracker-mobile.html#uptake-tab

It'll be interesting if we start seeing the case numbers begin to dive as well over the next 3-4 weeks, the virus will start having less and less places to go.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Probably very specific local circumstances. With expected supplies this all should be rectified soon enough. That old favourite - the next two weeks applies here!

Are cohort 4 being done with phaser? I was originally scheduled for AZ until cancelled. perhaps there is a shortfall in phyzer

Is there any idea when more is coming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

This guy does savage stats work on Twitter. He's predicting 100% first dose coverage by the 7th of July.
    https://twitter.com/rwallirl/status/1386353391715209218?s=20

Any idea when the 80% target of first doses would be reached based off that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Based on what Twitter is saying the Citywest in particular is hopping all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Are cohort 4 being done with phaser? I was originally scheduled for AZ until cancelled. perhaps there is a shortfall in phyzer

Big batch of Pfizer imminent, supposedly 250K of all vaccines doses in the next week or so. Know someone in Group 4 and they got Pfizer. As for AZ the plan seems to be to get over 65s done in the next 2-3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Another milestone

I find 34k first doses on the weekend to be somewhat of a surprise?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,737 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I'd certainly hope not.

tumblr_m58i18dS1W1qzwhb0o1_250.gif

astrofool wrote: »
    It'll be interesting if we start seeing the case numbers begin to dive as well over the next 3-4 weeks, the virus will start having less and less places to go.

Yes, we should have over 50% of adult population with at least one dose by then, which should help with case decay.

astrofool wrote: »
    I'd certainly hope not.

tumblr_m58i18dS1W1qzwhb0o1_250.gif

yes I am daft too - if that was a qualifying condition I would have been vaccinated months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

This guy does savage stats work on Twitter. He's predicting 100% first dose coverage by the 7th of July.
    https://twitter.com/rwallirl/status/1386353391715209218?s=20

If true that would magic!

I was in woodies on Thursday, the place was jammed with people in their 80s getting 10% off their garden stuff, it was an uplifting moment to see so many people who have been locked away for so long return to their stereotypically normal (tongue firmly in cheek). Covid didn’t beat us.

None of us have long to wait now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Another milestone

From the vaccine dashboard, Monday to Friday we had done 145,000 doses plus a minimum of 34,000 doses on Saturday/Sunday (to get to 1 million first doses).

So, 180,000+ for the week. We are ramping up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

I hope it is set to stun ;)

Did micky martin really say 250k this week? I can't find a link

• Advertisement

USA to allow export of raw materials needed to produce vaccine to India.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Did micky martin really say 250k this week? I can't find a link

"He said there had been no change in the plan to administer 250,000 doses of vaccine weekly from next week, but he said there were challenges with supplies."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/martin-and-varadker-insist-vaccination-still-on-track-ahead-of-key-niac-meeting-1.4543502%3fmode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I don't think it's sour grapes at all. You at least deserve to be informed that is happening when you see others leave you behind.

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    "He said there had been no change in the plan to administer 250,000 doses of vaccine weekly from next week, but he said there were challenges with supplies."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/martin-and-varadker-insist-vaccination-still-on-track-ahead-of-key-niac-meeting-1.4543502%3fmode=amp
    Cheers. I hate a 'but'.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Cheers. I hate a 'but'.

I'm sick of the buys.

And if the next but is due to j and j being restricted ill lose the will to live

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Cheers. I hate a 'but'.

I know

Everythings a but with Martin unfortunately

How are supplies looking though?

Do we even have enough for 250,000?

Still Martin has said plan hasn't changed so he would have needed to be reassured of enough vaccines by the HSE

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭mr zulu

secman wrote: »
    That's astonishingly quick, you had no time to worry about it :)

What part of the country ?

Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

KrustyUCC wrote: »

May should have 1.25 million, so 250,000 a week is par for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Just wishing to share my positive news re vaccine.

I'm aged 51yrs type 2 diabetes and I received a call last Friday for a vaccine.

I'm getting 1st of two on Wednesday and 2nd four weeks later. I'm extremely happy and emotional to get offered.

My wife got hers 6 weeks ago in work she's a nurse.

She also received a call from her gp and hour ago offering her a vaccine tomorrow she's aged 59. She told them she's already sorted.

So in my opinion things are looking good re vaccines I am exctatic :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Just wishing to share my positive news re vaccine.

I'm aged 51yrs type 2 diabetes and I received a call last Friday for a vaccine.

I'm getting 1st of two on Wednesday and 2nd four weeks later. I'm extremely happy and emotional to get offered.

My wife got hers 6 weeks ago in work she's a nurse.

She also received a call from her gp and hour ago offering her a vaccine tomorrow she's aged 59. She told them she's already sorted.

So in my opinion things are looking good re vaccines I am exctatic :)

Delighted for ye. Enjoy your Summer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement