Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

ebbsy wrote: »
    Vaccination centers at colleges etc would be a good idea perhaps ?

In May/June? Why?

Bloody hell, there is never a word about getting to Electric Picnic or a game in Aviva Stadium or a 21st in the back asre of Galway or Roscommon.

Students are well able to get around the place - I was able to get around to anything and everything when I was one. If people make an issue of it, there will be an issue.

By the time their turn comes around, many will be back in their native counties. They will be able to get to these centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Be interesting to see how many days the gap is between 60 y.o registering tomorrow and when its open for 59 y.o.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Surely rolling out doses to pharmacies would help with accessibility and take up. MVCs were supposed to be one part of the rollout alongside GPs and pharmacies, but it's exclusively MVCs now for the vast majority of under 70s.

MVCs are fantastic, don't get me wrong, but they shouldn't be the only channel available.
    Pharmacies will be vaccinating. Had a seminar with a rep from the pharmacy department in UCC a few weeks back and they're all ready to go. PSI have been training pharmacies weekly for a few months now.

Pharmacies will be vaccinating. Had a seminar with a rep from the pharmacy department in UCC a few weeks back and they're all ready to go. PSI have been training pharmacies weekly for a few months now.

Is it not simpler logistically to just have MVC's do them? Rather than having to deliver vaccines/syringes/etc to every pharmacy? The MVC's will be well oiled machines, is it purely supply of vaccinators that is the benefit of using pharmacies?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭RavenBea17b

Are local parish and community halls not being utilised as vaccination centres for more rural locations - if not, why not?
    Supermarket carpark large tent/marquee etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Registered the folks this morning. What type of wait time until a text comes through should i be expecting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Be interesting to see how many days the gap is between 60 y.o registering tomorrow and when its open for 59 y.o.

one time I'm glad to be a year older , I have an autoimmune disease and no sign of me getting it sooner because of that , so I'll take the Astra Zeneca gladly , my other half is freaking out over the clotting issue and will probably wait for the Pfizer or moderna , can't be persuaded otherwise ,
    said she would be looking for symptoms for the month after getting it .

I'm sure the pharmacists are ready to go but opening the supply to them is slow. Looks like there's a trial going on with 15 pharmacies around now. Hope it picks up fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭secman

My wife registered last Monday and got text on Friday, vaccinated on Sat.
    Citywest Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

[PHP][/PHP]
    Registered the folks this morning. What type of wait time until a text comes through should i be expecting ?

All depends on the area, how many in each age group, deliveries coming in etc

Registered my father last Monday morning aged 65 and not heard anything yet.

Nearest MVC for us I think we'll be the Aviva so probably depends on how they're going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,998 ✭✭✭✭Stark

My mother (64) registered last Friday got a text this morning saying she has an appointment for Saturday. Though given it's Astrazenaca, they probably need to make sure they actually have the deliveries in the country before they schedule appointments for people. Not sure if they've enough to cover everyone over 60 yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

[PHP][/PHP]

All depends on the area, how many in each age group, deliveries coming in etc

Registered my father last Monday morning aged 65 and not heard anything yet.

From reading peoples comments it seems the wait is longer between registration and text than it is from text and vaccination

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

TheDoctor wrote: »

You'd assume groups 4 and 7 have to be done or close to done before they open up for 59 and under.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Stark wrote: »
    My mother (64) registered last Friday got a text this morning saying she has an appointment for Saturday. Though given it's Astrazenaca, they probably need to make sure they actually have the deliveries in the country before they schedule appointments for people. Not sure if they've enough to cover everyone over 60 yet.
    There's a decent sized consignment this week, 100K+ I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

MTU's medical centre has started vaccinating students in category 4 & 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

From reading peoples comments it seems the wait is longer between registration and text than it is from text and vaccination

Oh yeah, the appointment should be for a few days after the text. Hoping to hear this week for the father. If we hear early in the week i'd expect the appointment to be for end of the week probably.

AZ messing things around probably makes it difficult, such as pushing out the 100k+ delivery last week and then by Thursday saying it was back on track again. Nightmare to schedule around that

Is it not simpler logistically to just have MVC's do them? Rather than having to deliver vaccines/syringes/etc to every pharmacy? The MVC's will be well oiled machines, is it purely supply of vaccinators that is the benefit of using pharmacies?

Many people live a great distance from their nearest MVC, and not everyone drives.

Galway is a good example, a large county with only one MVC.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

If it helps, I just got off the phone to the HSE and they told me that, although outliers are getting some early texts, the general wait time form registration to text is 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Are local parish and community halls not being utilised as vaccination centres for more rural locations - if not, why not?
    Israel had a couple of mobile units which pull up at various locations. Makes a lot of sense once the MVCs start to wind down and you're trying to reach the remaining groups with lots of vaccine supply to hand.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/vaccination-unit-set-up-to-inoculate-israelis-on-forest-stroll/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭JPA

MrStuffins wrote: »
    If it helps, I just got off the phone to the HSE and they told me that, although outliers are getting some early texts, the general wait time form registration to text is 3 weeks.

The portal is only open 11 days and many thousands have been vaccinated so how is it 3 weeks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

JPA wrote: »
    The portal is only open 11 days and many thousands have been vaccinated so how is it 3 weeks?

I registered on a Saturday and got my ttext on the Monday . 2.5 days
    Everyone I know waited no more than 5 days for a text

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I registered on a Saturday and got my ttext on the Monday . 2.5 days
    Everyone I know waited no more than 5 days for a text

Registered my mother and my aunt both 68 on at the first opportunity. Aunt got text 2 days later and then her vaccine last Saturday in the helix. My mother hasn’t got a text yet, she is in Kildare so it’s location dependent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

The problem right now isn't vaccination centers. None of our vaccination centers in the country are running at capacity. Why would we open more? Lets get the ones we have running at capacity and not add logistical complexity to the system.

Expectation management. That way the few who have to wait up to 3 weeks will not be overloading them with repeat call

• Registered Users Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Got word from my GP that I'm getting my vaccination on Friday at 4.15 PM, I'm getting Pfizer. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Great question :pac:

You'll have to ask them, i'm just the messenger

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

For 60-64 group it probably will be 3 weeks but supposedly last week, this week and the next for over 65s.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,635 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Got word from my GP that I'm getting my vaccination on Friday at 4.15 PM, I'm getting Pfizer. :)

I've noticed a lot of people "bragging" they've gotten/getting Pfizer and looking down on people getting AZ.

Pathetic.

• Advertisement

I've noticed a lot of people "bragging" they've gotten/getting Pfizer and looking down on people getting AZ.

Pathetic.

Ridiculous rather than pathetic! And even more so since people can't spell Pfizer let alone know the difference between them! If AZ was the only show in town there wouldn't be a word!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement