Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Zipppy wrote: »
    Just onto my GP, they're still vaxxing over 70s. (large city clinic)
    That means they haven't even started over 60s yet .. seems mad?
    But have me on their priority list (Cat4) and will get a shout soon(ish)

The Gps are not vaccinating the over 60 they are allocated a centre to go to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The Gps are not vaccinating the over 60 they are allocated a centre to go to

Ah ok..didnt know that...might get me in quicker so..Thanks

So when GPs finish over 70s they move straight onto Cohorts 4 && 7??

Yes , ours is anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Just got the Pfizer one

• Registered Users Posts: 42 aigne

Some GPs don't seem to be doing Cohort 7 vaccinations, leaving patients unclear what to do

• Advertisement

aigne wrote: »
    Some GPs don't seem to be doing Cohort 7 vaccinations, leaving patients unclear what to do

Mine said they will and have very few Cat4 so will just do them all together

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭LimerickGray

Yes , ours is anyway .

Many GPs are not doing cat4 and 7 by choice. The MVC have not even rescheduled the folks in high risk that were cancelled few weeks ago, me included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

34,492 vaccines done on Tuesday

(26,644 1st dose, 7,848 second dose)

Last Tuesday:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

1huge1 wrote: »

Not bad, was 21K last Tuesday.

• Advertisement

Many GPs are not doing cat4 and 7 by choice. The MVC have not even rescheduled the folks in high risk that were cancelled few weeks ago, me included.

Can you ring the HSE helpline and ask them to sort it

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Not bad, was 21K last Tuesday.

Also brings us over 200k doses in a 7 day period for the 1st time. (211,469).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

hmmm wrote: »
    I posted it. Then said "naaah" and deleted it to recheck what I had posted. But now even Derek Lowe is picking up on it.

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2021/04/28/brazil-rejects-the-gamaleya-vaccine

It sounds like it was probably a manufacturing error. Now why this wasn't picked up by quality control is a good question. Either way I'm very glad we didn't take the advice of who-ever told us to get this vaccine.

I think Sputnik is probably the only vaccine I'd genuinely be hesitant to take.

Fella I work with is Hungarian and got the Sputnik vaccine back home. He's in his early 30s and fairly fit. Completely laid him low for 2 weeks. He said he never experienced any illness like it.

If we were at 1,452,434 on Tuesday

Should be hitting the 1.5 million dose mark today.

Doesn't feel too long since the 1 million mark was hit.

I'm also one of them...GPs are to do them (us) now it appears

TheDoctor wrote: »
    If we were at 1,452,434 on Tuesday

Should be hitting the 1.5 million dose mark today.

Doesn't feel too long since the 1 million mark was hit.

Thursday the 8th of April I believe. So c. 500k in 19 days.

Can you ring the HSE helpline and ask them to sort it

I've done that several times..waste of time..they ONLY take registrations for 60+

Also tried my consultant..

All directed me back to GP..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Really, really super seeing the amount of posters in here recently chatting about being vaccinated. There's a real sense of progress, and it's great to see the mood shifting.

My own parents are early 60s and are awaiting a vaccination date, and many of my aunts and uncles have already received a first jab. The relief is tangible, and I look forward to seeing my parents improving their own personal sense of security post jab.

The psychological weight of the past 12 months, compounded by the constant media and never ending sense of fear and worry, has been incredible for everyone. Let alone those in the 25% unemployed, and anyone who has witnessed the loss of friends or family to the virus.

It'll only be when we get out the other side of it that we'll truly realise what we went through, but today I'm glad that end is near.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Up to 0.6 per 100 per day, 7 day average now. Massive improvement on last week, we are up nearly 50%. Hopefully we can maintain at least 40k per day for Wednesday to Friday and maybe even hit a 50k day.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I'm also one of them...GPs are to do them (us) now it appears
    If it's been pushed back to GPs you'd naturally expect some delay while they organise themselves.

• Advertisement

It does feel as though this program has finally really got going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Does anyone have a link to the spreadsheet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

is_that_so wrote: »
    If it's been pushed back to GPs you'd naturally expect some delay while they organise themselves.

The Irish Times article two weeks ago basically stated that cohort 7 vaccinations wouldn’t begin until mid May due to the switch to GP administration as a consequence of the AZ debacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

is_that_so wrote: »

GPs just rang back and advised I may get a call today...a phone call to them really pays off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Worth noting the clear difference in the effectiveness of Western vaccines vs Chinese and Russian vaccines in stopping the spread of Covid.

There are 6 large countries with over 70 shots per 100, 3 are using just Western vaccines and 3 are using a mix of both but primarily Chinese vaccines.

The Western countries are averaging 68 cases per million with an average of 86 doses per 100 and the counties using Chinese vaccines are averaging 381 cases per million with an average of 83.5 shots per 100.

Excuse the crude calculation but I definitely see a pattern emerging. Also I am not saying the Chinese vaccines don't work, or don't help to reduce the spread (because it looks like they do) just that they are far less effective than Pfizer, Moderna and AZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭adam240610

7-day average of vaccines given now just over 30k per day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement