Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Did portal open for 59 year olds today then or has it stopped at 60 for now ?
    Trying to work out how long more ive to wait. Be great to get a jab before the pubs reopen :D

Have we not already given over 200k in the last 7 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

km79 wrote: »
    Did portal open for 59 year olds today then or has it stopped at 60 for now ?
    Trying to work out how long more ive to wait. Be great to get a jab before the pubs reopen :D

You'll be safe enough drinking outside in the rain and sleet...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Zipppy wrote: »
    You'll be safe enough drinking outside in the rain and sleet...

:D
    We have a hotel break booked for start of July in our own county.
    I know the bar will probably be limited to residents in theory but I was there last year when it was as well and the place was mobbed due to no other pubs in the town being able to open .......

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

140-160K this week seems low considering we've got over 50K done Monday and Tuesday.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

GLaDOS wrote: »
    140-160K this week seems low considering we've got over 50K done Monday and Tuesday.

Makes sense to me because the deliveries last week were roughly 190k total, factoring in the buffer required, circa 160k would make sense.

One of the only reasons we've hit high numbers in the last week was because we had a stockpile of AZ to get through.

The big delvieries this week allow for the big numbers next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

I’ve posted “one day at a time” pretty much every day since we started vaccinations in the State. I think today is the day, momentum is upwards, moods are lifting, people are starting to feel positive. We may not be there yet but it feels like it’s within reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Portal for 50-59s opening in the next 2 weeks, HSE briefing on now.

This is what cabinet is reportedly being told of the vaccine programme.

I'm sure someone a bit better at the maths than me can try compare with the population

https://twitter.com/SeanDefoe/status/1387707004957962241?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Russman wrote: »
    Yeah, but its not a black or white "is it safe or not ?" question. They said the same thing about the AZ, that if we were in a different situation (re cases, deaths, hospitalisations etc), the restriction would be different or non existent. You'd have to assume its similar with J&J, that we're having this age restriction because we're in a position as a country to be able to be extra cautious. From a certain point of view, its a good thing that we are able to be so cautious.
    If NIAC change their advice, it won't be because its suddenly safe and previously wasn't, it would be because they've new information and/or our circumstances mean that our level of risk acceptance has changed (granted, from tiny to, eh.....still tiny)

Hmmm...maybe. I just think that having any vaccine with a age limit like we have said re AZ, J&J, is a dreadful logic. If they were saying "there is 1 in thousand under 50 who has had a seriously adverse reaction to it, whereas over 50s have no such effects", I would say "grand, restrict it on that basis".
    But I just don't see the logic in restricting based on a 1 in a million case, and then to adjust it in the next few weeks without being able to say "yes the 1 in a million is now 1 in 10 million" or something, is ridiculous.

Especially since the EMA and FDA have said it is grand for all ages. The risks are just too tiny to restrict it in my view and the knock-on effect is hesitancy and people wondering "why is it now safe for me to get it".

No easy answer, but I think they've come up with the worst answer. If Stephen Donnelly had given that answer, there would be WW3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

I'm sure someone a bit better at the maths than me can try compare with the population

They are starting under 60s in June? That puts getting 82% of adult population vaccinated by June right out the window, more likely august at that rate?? Can’t be right? But reframing it in these metrics is a good way to hide a two month the slippage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

4m by end of June seems very low. We got 1.1 million delivered to us in Q1, and are due to get 4.5 m doses in Q2. So total 5.6 m doses received and only 4 m administered? Now, the supplies are backended so maybe we are getting deliveries of 1 m doses in the last week of June. That explains some of the gap, but not all of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

HSE Chief Executive Paul Reid said that age will remain the primary driver of the vaccination programme.

He said that assumptions about vaccine supply are being made but that the HSE plan is structured each week on what it can confirm about supplies from pharmaceutical companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭SJFly

The Irish times is reporting that vaccinated people will be able to meet indoors, but timing depends on which vaccine you receive. 4 weeks after 1st dose of AZ and 2 weeks after j&j. 1 or 2 weeks after second dose of Pfizer and Moderna. This is a real sweetener for the over 50s, and they may well be happy to wait for j&j while the over 40s get the Pfizer. Over 50s will still get perks sooner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Myramar

Sorry if this has been covered but I am getting the AZ vaccine soon and I get the impression that the inteval between the first and second dose is going
    to be 13 weeks.

Is that the protocol for this vaccine?

The HSE's lead on Covid vaccines, Damien McCallion has said over 1,800 out of 3,000 people in the housebound categories have had their first vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Nice to see a ramp up

Still a few weeks away from 250,000 in a week though

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The tally in general has been running at 7:3 between first and second doses. Obviously as time moves on they will move closer to 1:1. But we can make a crude conservative estimate that 1.2m people will be fully vaxxed and a further 1.6 will have their first dose, giving 2.8m who have received at least one dose.

That's 72%, falling a bit short of the 82%. Not by a lot though. At current rates (~5%/week) that's two weeks behind schedule. At projected rates it's probably 3 or 4 days behind schedule.

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Nice to see a ramp up

Still a few weeks away from 250,000 in a week though
    Well now that's a 450K target!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Hmmm that seems like only a million doses in May seeing as we're at 1,452,434 doses now

Also the target seems to have slipped by 500,000 since March with Martins speech

"Close to 3 million doses will be administered by the end of May."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Hmmm that seems like only a million doses in May seeing as we're at 1,452,434 doses now

At those numbers we’ll be close to the bottom of vaccine roll out in the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Shocking numbers for this week. Indicates a significant slowdown over the next few days. 250k next week is good. Not sure how supply is an issue when all of the rest of Western Europe are already 5 to 7 days ahead of us?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,373 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Got my first dose of Pfiizer this morning. Extremely grateful.

You can see how this has been a significant logistics challenge for GPs. When we get through the first 7 cohorts and move all distribution to the MVCs the pace will accelerate significantly.

Brighter days are coming everyone. We will get there. :)

snotboogie wrote: »
    Shocking numbers for this week. Indicates a significant slowdown over the next few days. 250k next week is good. Not sure how supply is an issue when all of the rest of Western Europe are already 5 to 7 days ahead of us?

AZ delviery delay again this week appearently is the main cause.

They could well deliver more. Last week was over target for example, and a good bit over at that

• Registered Users Posts: 31,091 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Current pace seems piss-poor given that we have something like half a million doses in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

GP just rang .. getting Pfizer on Monday as Cohort4...I'm delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭snotboogie

AZ delviery delay again this week appearently is the main cause.

They could well deliver more. Last week was over target for example, and a good bit over at that

Doesn't explain how countries pulling from the exact same supply have 33 doses per 100 while we are at 29 and need to slow down due to supply issues. As far as I know most of these countries have the same restrictions on AZ

Lumen wrote: »
    Current pace seems piss-poor given that we have something like half a million doses in stock.
    Do you have a link to that half a million doses info? Moderna needs a 50% backup at all times and J&J is tiny at present.

Theres alot of numbers flying around and here's some more. It really is a wait and see situation as to where we actually are in a few weeks time

https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1387723461175431172?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,091 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

is_that_so wrote: »
    Do you have a link to that half a million doses info? Moderna needs a 50% backup at all times and J&J is tiny at present.

The EU vaccine tracker which hasn't been updated with the 192k Pfizer.

278+192=470k.

I realise this might be out a bit due to delays but do the Irish gov report this directly? I don't know of a better source.

https://qap.ecdc.europa.eu/public/extensions/COVID-19/vaccine-tracker.html#distribution-tab

image.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement