Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Vaccinated30

Miike wrote: »
    For the first part of your question it's a bit "how long is a piece of string". Just operate on the assumption you're positive until proven otherwise (for safety sake).

Second part about being considered fully vaccinated depends on a number of factors including your age. Public health will advise further if you do test positive but I would imagine you will not be considered fully vaccinated, because of the relatively small time lag between vaccine and testing positive.

Thank you, to be honest with the slight cough I wouldn't be worried but the constant sweet taste in my mouth is making me question. I've been eating jalapeño to make sure my taste isn't gone lol, its not, and everything tastes normal but afterwards this sweet taste is back. Can only find information that after covid one may experience sweet taste. Could the vaccine have produced an immune response that caused it. Sorry lots of questions that nobody can answer. Hopefully negative test, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Thank you, to be honest with the slight cough I wouldn't be worried but the constant sweet taste in my mouth is making me question. I've been eating jalapeño to make sure my taste isn't gone lol, its not, and everything tastes normal but afterwards this sweet taste is back. Can only find information that after covid one may experience sweet taste. Could the vaccine have produced an immune response that caused it. Sorry lots of questions that nobody can answer. Hopefully negative test, fingers crossed.

Is it a sweet or metallic taste? There has been reports of a metallic taste after vaccination.

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Is it a sweet or metallic taste? There has been reports of a metallic taste after vaccination.

Omg!! Metallic would definitely be a better way to explain it, like sucking on a coin.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭moonage

User1998 wrote: »
    Why would healthy 12 year olds need a covid vaccine

There's no justification for it.

Only vulnerable people for whom covid could be a serious risk should be vaccinated.

With clinical trials ongoing and the safety profiles uncertain, mass vaccination is unethical.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,352 ✭✭✭secman

Which one?

Az according to the text message.

• Advertisement

Omg!! Metallic would definitely be a better way to explain it, like sucking on a coin.

Just google metallic taste and vaccine, it looks to be a rare side effect of Pfizer at least.
    The cough, well I don't know. I'd certainly go for a test, but don;t be thinking the worst. You're probably overthinking yourself!

moonage wrote: »

Only vulnerable people for whom covid could be a serious risk should be vaccinated.

With clinical trials ongoing and the safety profiles uncertain, mass vaccination is unethical.

Isn't that what clinical trials are for?
    How do you think they develop and test and trial vaccines for newborns?

Just google metallic taste and vaccine, it looks to be a rare side effect of Pfizer at least.
    The cough, well I don't know. I'd certainly go for a test, but don;t be thinking the worst. You're probably overthinking yourself!

Oh I'll definitely have the test but yeah I am an over thinker. You know when someone talks about live and suddenly your scratching. That's me all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,092 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Your posting history is full of unfounded antivax bullshi!t and conspiracy theories.

It's not even worth bothering to engage.

Oh I'll definitely have the test but yeah I am an over thinker. You know when someone talks about live and suddenly your scratching. That's me all the time.

I think it's a perfectly normal reaction, same as someone yawning, you will too.
    If you think you have covid, you will convince yourself you have the symptoms (obviously apart from ones like a fever that can be measured etc...)
    /Yawn..... you're probably yawning now, ain't ya?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Myramar

User1998 wrote: »
    Why would healthy 12 year olds need a covid vaccine

So they don't spread it to a not so healthy person somewhat older than them !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

I've had some acquaintances share stuff about the "pfizer vaccine shedding" ... honestly I don't know how these people have survived this long with nothing going on upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Qrt wrote: »
    I've had some acquaintances share stuff about the "pfizer vaccine shedding" ... honestly I don't know how these people have survived this long with nothing going on upstairs.

Is that the notion that being around people who HAVE been vaccinated will give YOU side effects? It's really starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel with the tripe these lot are coming up with now. No one sprouted a 5G antenna from a vaccine so now they have to get even more outlandish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Qrt wrote: »

I saw a girl I used to go to school with last week while out for a walk. Covid came up in conversation, she said the vaccine was leaving people sterile and Bill Gates was behind it to reduce population. She always seemed normal before so I was shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭harrylittle

Its recklessly criminal

Its recklessly criminal

I assume you're totally against infant vaccines against polio ,MMR, whooping cough etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

Is that the notion that being around people who HAVE been vaccinated will give YOU side effects? It's really starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel with the tripe these lot are coming up with now. No one sprouted a 5G antenna from a vaccine so now they have to get even more outlandish.

Yes. Honestly it happened in the 50s with traces of polio in excrement of vaccinated people but nothing since. Think we’ve moved on a bit since...

Don’t get the vaccine, because the vaccine will kill others you come into contact with, but covid has a 99% survival rate so why bother? PLOT TWIST it actually doesn’t exist and it’s all a hoax.

I can’t wait for mine anyway.

This time last year NEPHET told us that wearing masks was useless in terms of stopping you spitting the virus from one person to another. I think that was almost as stupid as this but, still, they got away with it.

Myramar wrote: »
    This time last year NEPHET told us that wearing masks was useless in terms of stopping you spitting the virus from one person to another. I think that was almost as stupid as this but, still, they got away with it.

And WHO said it wasn't passed person to person. Then we heard it's wasn't passed through the air, then we were told it was strictly a respiratory disease.
    Amazing how scientists worldwide didn't figure all that out with patient zero, within 24hrs. /s
    Unfortunately, hindsight is 20/20.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

This time last year NPHET and the international science community was dealing with a pathogen that no one really knew anything about like literally, nothing. The WHO were on that side also with regards the efficacy of masks.

Literally every press conference or statement began with "this is an evolving situation".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭moonage

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    To stay healthy .,

So, a healthy 12-year-old needs a covid vaccine to stay healthy?

Risk from covid: close to zero.
    Benefit from vaccine: close to zero.
    Risks from vaccine: unknown at present. Will take years to fully know potential adverse effects.

Therefore healthy 12-year-olds shouldn't be vaccinated. A similar logic would apply to older healthy people for whom covid is not a serious threat.

This time last year NPHET and the international science community was dealing with a pathogen that no one really knew anything about like literally, nothing. The WHO were on that side also with regards the efficacy of masks.

Literally every press conference or statement began with "this is an evolving situation".

Well, Maybe the idiots that want to promote vaccine shedding (or Pizzagate or whatever) should preface their remarks by saying it is an "evolving situation"

And WHO said it wasn't passed person to person. Then we heard it's wasn't passed through the air, then we were told it was strictly a respiratory disease.
    Amazing how scientists worldwide didn't figure all that out with patient zero, within 24hrs. /s
    Unfortunately, hindsight is 20/20.

Amazing they didn't figure out it that it behaved exactly like any other respiraratory disease in term terms of how it transmits.

Cos that is what they have concluded now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Risks from vaccine: unknown at present. Will take years to fully know potential adverse effects.

Therefore healthy 12-year-olds shouldn't be vaccinated. A similar logic would apply to older healthy people for whom covid is not a serious threat.

All completely farcically stupendously incorrect and been debunked here before, do you just hover around somewhere for a few weeks before swooping in to post some anti-vax nonsense hoping no one will notice the repeat posts?

There is a conspiracy theory forum you can go and post on, but you'll quickly run away due to lack of evidence for any of your nonsense posts.

Therefore healthy 12-year-olds shouldn't be vaccinated
    . A similar logic would apply to older healthy people for whom covid is not a serious threat.

That's an excuse not to get vaccinated, give a reason why they shouldn't.
    Close to zero risk is an excuse, not a reason.
    We all know now vaccines have 2 parts, to protect the vaccinated and protect others (vaccinated or unvaccinated)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Amazing they didn't figure out it that it behaved exactly like any other respiraratory disease in term terms of how it transmits.

Cos that is what they have concluded now.

They also didn't want to create a panic for PPE until supply was in place and they actually knew which PPE was effective.

astrofool wrote: »
    They also didn't want to create a panic for PPE until supply was in place and they actually knew which PPE was effective.
    Their motivation was never malevolent. I firmly beleve that Nephet, NIAC,HSE, Det of Health are always working in our best interest. But telling little white lies is not the solution.If we want to rise above the anti vax, anti mask, anti-anything brigade then we need to adopt a higher standard than they do.

Making up nonsense about how masks are useless makes them look stupid when they had to flip and say they are essential.

Making up nonsense why children in classrooms don't spread a respiratrory disease like they have always done for decades makes them look stupid.
    They will have to flip on this when they want to get the kids vaccinated - It's happening now in the UK and parents are questioning why.

It means that everything thay say becomes questionable. And it feeds the conspiracy theorists.

Why not say this:

Masks work but we need them more for Frontline Healtcare Workers!

Children Spread the disease but the social effects of keeping the schools closed are much worse!

Is it so hard to tell the truth?!

Their motivation was never malevolent. I firmly beleve that Nephet, NIAC,HSE, Det of Health are always working in our best interest. But telling little white lies is not the solution.If we want to rise above the anti vax, anti mask, anti-anything brigade then we need to adopt a higher standard than they do.

Making up nonsense about how masks are useless makes them look stupid when they had to flip and say they are essential.

Making up nonsense why children in classrooms don't spread a respiratrory disease like they have always done for decades makes them look stupid.

It means that everything thay say becomes questionable. And it feeds the conspiracy theorists.

Why not say this:

Masks work but we need them more for Frontline Healtcare Workers!

Children Spread the disease but the social effects of keeping the schools closed are much worse!

Is it so hard to tell the truth?!

1) I'm selfish, I'll pay more for a mask to protect myself and my family.
    2) My child's health is more important than the country's social health.
    Thank god people are not selfish, right?

1) I'm selfish, I'll pay more for a mask to protect myself and my family.
    2) My child's health is more important than the country's social health.
    Thank god people are not selfish, right?
    Exactly right.
    People are inherently selfish and we can no longer handle the truth so we need black and white scenarios to guide our decisions on everything.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I got dose 1 of Pfizer on 21st April
    Today I've a bit of a dry cough and a very odd sweet taste in my mouth with a gravely throat. I have been referred for a Covid test. Do I have any protection from my vaccine 11 days ago? I know its 2 weeks but surely its like charging a battery takes 2 hours to fully charge but there's some charge after 30 mins... Or am I way off the mark here.

Also if I test positive am I considered fully vaccinated after my 1 dose and positive swab?
    Just to answer the question based on the published reports and that is after 12 days, it was reported to be between 29% and 72%. I may be incorrect by a point or two, but it was effectively giving 50% average protection after 12 days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement