Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

250k to 270k next week
    Over 50 administering to begin
    Over 70 dose 2s to begin
    Over 60 dose 1s to finish

Any word on group 7 starting yet?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Wolf359f wrote: »

It has in lots of GP's, Ive a good few friends who are 7 and received vaccines this week and others booked for next, just luck of the area

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

pc7 wrote: »
    It has in lots of GP's, Ive a good few friends who are 7 and received vaccines this week and others booked for next, just luck of the area

Thought they hadn't run trials on that age group yet? :D

It's getting a bit daft, likelihood is if you are over 50 and and in group 7 you are more likely to get it quicker via age based rollout and the online registration system.

Feel very sorry for the younger people in group 7 who have been very much left in the dark and have no registration process open to them, just told to wait for a call.

pc7 wrote: »

According to the dashboard only 1400 done so far. Hasn't really increased. It's almost like GP's are classing them as group 4.

• Advertisement

Group 7's have started
    Contact your gp
    Yesterday,there was quite a queue of people coming and going,well under 60 at my gp practice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Apogee

Group 7's have started
    Contact your gp
    Yesterday,there was quite a queue of people coming and going,well under 60 at my gp practice

My GP is not participating with the vaccine rollout past over 70's. Consultant in the clinic I attend, said they passed everyone's name forward for vaccines to the HSE. So I'm just wondering when the HSE will get around to it. Seems it's only the GP's doing them now, well from people's comments on here at least.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Is there a lag on the data in regard to who has a vaccine as per charts above?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Apogee wrote: »

Pharmacists will be pleased they haven't been forgotten!

• Advertisement

Group 7's have started
    Contact your gp

Original plan was for cohort 4 to be hospital led, it wasn't working well so they asked GPs to take the lead, they agreed but it's led to groups 4 & 7 being conflated. If you look at the official numbers only about 0.3% of cohort 7 have been given a dose.

So it seems the ones being done now are being recorded as cohort 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭zebastein

42,000 done yesterday according to Reid

That was 34,600 doses Wednesday last week.

If confirmed, that means that at the end of Wednesday we have 4k more doses given than same day last week. Good effort despite the bank holiday and still on track to reach 220k

Original plan was for cohort 4 to be hospital led, it wasn't working well so they asked GPs to take the lead, they agreed but it's led to groups 4 & 7 being conflated. If you look at the official numbers only about 0.3% of cohort 7 have been given a dose.

So it seems the ones being done now are being recorded as cohort 4.

Must be,I know I'm 7 as are 2 of my family members also done
    That said,the files are done on paper there,is there even a method to upload these at gp office level
    Could be a lot more done in the 7 cohort than showing

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I think it's luck of the draw - 1hr for me yesterday in Aviva lunchtime - when I arrived I was at the far end of the building in queue to register. by the time I had registered and moved around to the next queue, there was no one queueing to register. It took a friend who was there midafternoon yesterday 90 mins to get in and out.
    I was in and out in no time at the Aviva this morning at 9.00. No queues anywhere along the line.

I suspect the backlogs later in the day could well be down to people arriving late and messing up the scheduling but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

60-64s:
    21% have received a vaccine
    9% have an appointment

This is kinda low is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

funnydoggy wrote: »
    60-64s:
    9% have an appointment

I’d say a significant proportion have registered bu are waiting for an appointment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

revelman wrote: »
    I’d say a significant proportion have registered bu are waiting for an appointment

Ah I see what you mean. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Apogee

They're looking at incorporating a new category into the Dashboard for the 1 shot J&J numbers to differentiate from the other 2 shot vaccines.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,957 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

What's the average wait between registration and getting an appointment? It looks around two weeks or so based on those stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

They're looking at incorporating a new category into the Dashboard for the 1 shot J&J numbers to differentiate from the other 2 shot vaccines.

Is there a need?

If you change the 2nd doses administered to people fully vaccinated you'll accomplish the same thing.

Then when J&J are given out they'll be counted in both 1st dose and Fully vaccinated totals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

My OH finally managed to get through her GP after two weeks of trying. Cohort 4, told to watch the "media" to register for the vaccine, that they have her on a list but she has to wait for a portal to open. Madness as my GP has vaccinated through Cohort 4 and almost all of 7.

Anyone else been told this?

funnydoggy wrote: »
    60-64s:
    9% have an appointment

And the rest in the queue awaiting an appointment? It's still a weird to quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,782 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

duffman13 wrote: »
    My OH finally managed to get through her GP after two weeks of trying. Cohort 4, told to watch the "media" to register for the vaccine, that they have her on a list but she has to wait for a portal to open. Madness as my GP has vaccinated through Cohort 4 and almost all of 7.

Anyone else been told this?

I think some Cohort 7 people in their 50s have been told they may as just wait for the portal to open for their age group...
    I haven't heard of it as a general solution specifically for cohort 4 and 7 where the GP isn't participating in the vaccination program for those cohorts.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭JPup

is_that_so wrote: »
    And the rest in the queue awaiting an appointment? It's still a weird to quote.

Why is it weird? They are just giving a progress update.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I think some Cohort 7 people in their 50s have been told they may as just wait for the portal to open for their age group...
    I haven't heard of it as a general solution specifically for cohort 4 and 7 where the GP isn't participating in the vaccination program for those cohorts.

Yeah she is 30 so a while away from that, not sure what to do next but leave it with the GP and hope for the best

JPup wrote: »
    Why is it weird? They are just giving a progress update.
    9% in the queue? Not terribly informative. Roll it into the vaccinated number and you get another 10% done or about to be done. That's what people are interested in.

Damien McCallion, the HSE's National Lead for the Vaccination Programme, said they usually only find out seven to 10 days ahead in terms of "absolute confirmation of volume" and date of delivery..

That might explain some of this "in the dark" claim from various quarters.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭JPup

is_that_so wrote: »
    9% in the queue? Not terribly informative. Roll it into the vaccinated number and you get another 10% done or about to be done. That's what people are interested in.

It's not 9% in the queue. It's 9% that have an appointment. There are many more registered that have yet to get an appointment. This shows the progress across different age groups from unable to register -> registered -> got an appointment -> got first dose. So it is useful information I think.

For example I know a 68 year old in the family yet to get an appointment. That information shows that she is far from alone and there are still tens of thousands of people in the 65-69 age bracket awaiting an appointment. So no need for her to be concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Strazdas wrote: »
    What's the average wait between registration and getting an appointment? It looks around two weeks or so based on those stats.
    For me it was registered on 23rd April, text received on 4th May and vaccination today 6th May, so just under 2 weeks from start to finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

GLaDOS wrote: »
    On a separate note, if you think you should vaccinated for any reason, get in touch with your GP.

Friend was talking to his family GP on behalf of his mother with COPD, and the 2 of them ended up getting jabbed that afternoon as he has high blood pressure. He wasn't even asking for himself.

Said it to my partner, who also has high blood pressure. She got in touch with her GP and is getting jabbed this afternoon.

Excellent advice !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement