Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

JPup wrote: »
    It's not 9% in the queue. It's 9% that have an appointment. There are many more registered that have yet to get an appointment. This shows the progress across different age groups from unable to register -> registered -> got an appointment -> got first dose. So it is useful information I think.

For example I know a 68 year old in the family yet to get an appointment. That information shows that she is far from alone and there are still tens of thousands of people in the 65-69 age bracket awaiting an appointment. So no need for her to be concerned.
    Yeah, in the queue to be vaccinated! I see no great value to it, especially as these three weeks are planned to deal with the over 60s anyway. One could easily reason that the remaining people will be done in that time.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

You'd have to think with Dublin having Citywest, Aviva, Helix and Croke Park as MVC that even with the population size Dublin if supplies are there will really romp through the numbers.

JPup wrote: »

For example I know a 68 year old in the family yet to get an appointment. That information shows that she is far from alone and there are still tens of thousands of people in the 65-69 age bracket awaiting an appointment. So no need for her to be concerned.

I've a 69 yr old friend who's had a cancerous lung tumour removed
    They were on a hospital list to get vaccinated and were waiting
    I told them to register on the portal
    He got an astrgenica jab that way last sunday 2 weeks after registering roughly

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I've a 69 yr old friend who's had a cancerous lung tumour removed
    They were on a hospital list to get vaccinated and were waiting
    I told them to register on the portal
    He got an astrgenica jab that way last sunday 2 weeks after registering roughly

Glad they got sorted but it should not be happening as that cohort should be getting Pfizer
    Cohort 4 and 7 are being badly let down its not right

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Glad they got sorted but it should not be happening as that cohort should be getting Pfizer

Agreed
    A lot of it is falling through the cracks of an over stretched public system
    He got Astrazenica which is fine for those cohorts
    They are getting pfizer at the gp's
    Going the portal route theres a risk of getting the 1 shot johnson though which wouldn't be the best available for those cohorts in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,957 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Alun wrote: »
    For me it was registered on 23rd April, text received on 4th May and vaccination today 6th May, so just under 2 weeks from start to finish.

That sounds about right from the figures above. It will probably continue at this two week rate for some time (more doses available, but also more people needing vaccines as we move down through the cohorts).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Anyone in my their 60s who hasn’t heard back yet might want to chase them up. Neither of my parents got an appointment after registering last week on the days for 62 and 61 year olds. They missed a call in Tuesday that I chased up today and it turned out my dad missed his appointment on Tuesday morning and had a second appointment generated for Saturday but had no notification of either. My mother’s was due in the next few minutes. She’s rushed out to try and make it now.

iguana wrote: »
    Anyone in my their 60s who hasn’t heard back yet might want to chase them up. Neither of my parents got an appointment after registering last week on the days for 62 and 61 year olds. They missed a call in Tuesday that I chased up today and it turned out my dad missed his appointment on Tuesday morning and had a second appointment generated for Saturday but had no notification of either. My mother’s was due in the next few minutes. She’s rushed out to try and make it now.
    Someone also suggested checking the portal about that 2 week mark in case it's in there but not notified.

iguana wrote: »

So if you were to miss an appointment for some unforeseen reason, it is still possible for another appointment to be generated for you again a few days later? That's a relief : there must be quite a few people out there who missed their initial appointment for genuine reasons and not because they had changed their mind on receiving a vaccine.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Someone also suggested checking the portal about that 2 week mark in case it's in there but not notified.

How do they check the portal,All I see is a register page ?

• Advertisement

If you registered on it and have an account you can log in and check. If you're part of the Group 1-7 programme you won't be in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

funnydoggy wrote: »
    60-64s:
    21% have received a vaccine
    9% have an appointment

This is kinda low is it not?

What did you expect? There have been 166,197 done in cohort 5, i.e less than half, so you expect that half would be 65-69 year olds. This tool them two weeks, so two weeks more, depending on how many registered, some in this age group would be done some other way.
    iamwhoiam wrote: »

Why should someone over 60 get Pfizer? Of course GPs may only have Pfizer, but AZ is approved for over 50s.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

There's an 'Already have an account' link at the bottom of the page

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

At the bottom of the registration page there is a link that says something like "Already have an account?". Click on that and enter your details.

At the bottom of the registration page there is a link that says something like "Already have an account?". Click on that and enter your details.

I don't see that on my version? All I see at the foot of the page is 'Privacy statement' and 'Cookie statement' : there is no login section.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

What did you expect? There have been 166,197 done in cohort 5, i.e less than half, so you expect that half would be 65-69 year olds. This tool them two weeks, so two weeks more, depending on how many registered, some in this age group would be done some other way.

Why should someone over 60 get Pfizer? Of course GPs may only have Pfizer, but AZ is approved for over 50s.

The person we were discussing was in Cohort4 . As far as I know cohort 4 were to get Pfizer .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭secman

Strazdas wrote: »
    I don't see that on my version? All I see at the foot of the page is 'Privacy statement' and 'Cookie statement' : there is no login section.

It took me ages to find it too, go in to it as if you were setting up your account, there you should see the "already have an account" message.
    Mine has updated to awaiting 2nd dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,443 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

snotboogie wrote: »
    Not the prettiest reading in the world at the moment. Hopefully we have massive days over Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

Country per capita Date Reported Ireland Days Behind
    Malta 80 May 4th
    Lithuania 39.5 May 5th 12
    Germany 39 May 5th 11
    Spain 38.5 May 4th 11
    Austria 37.5 May 5th 8
    Denmark 37 May 4th 8
    Estonia 37 May 5th 7
    Italy 36.5 May 5th 6
    Belgium 36 May 5th 5
    Finland 35 May 5th 3
    Portugal 35 May 5th 3
    Sweden 34.5 May 5th 2
    France 34.5 May 3rd 4
    Luxembourg 34 May 4th 2
    Netherlands 33 May 2nd 2
    Cyprus 33 May 1st 3
    Ireland 33 May 4th 0
    Poland 32.5 May 4th -1
    Slovenia 32.5 May 5th -2
    Czech Rep 32 May 5th -3
    Greece 32 May 5th -3
    Slovakia 31.5 May 5th -4
    Romania 28.5 May 4th -9
    Croatia 24 May 5th -19
    Latvia 18 May 5th -31
    Bulgaria 12.5 May 5th -42

Very interesting. Where did you get this data? Have we always been behind so many other EU countries on a per capita basis? Are we slipping down the table?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

There's an 'Already have an account' link at the bottom of the page

It's an appalling user design, you shouldn't have to hunt around the screen for these things.

It's an appalling user design, you shouldn't have to hunt around the screen for these things.

Small black print against a dark green background too

• Advertisement

It may not be mobile friendly but clear as day on a larger screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭SJFly

Very interesting. Where did you get this data? Have we always been behind so many other EU countries on a per capita basis? Are we slipping down the table?

According to the tweet a few pages back we are now at 34.9 which would move us up a good bit. Most countries are within a few days of each other, with a lot of noise in the reporting. Don't think there's anything to be concerned about at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

I dunno, it just seemed a bit low but it's been explained to me. It's grand!

As an aside where did this 'cohort' thing come out of? The HSE calls them groups. It sort of grates on me...sorry

As an aside where did this 'cohort' thing come out of? The HSE calls them groups. It sort of grates on me...sorry
    Cohort -> a group of people with a shared characteristic! :P

is_that_so wrote: »
    Cohort -> a group of people with a shared characteristic! :P

Thanks - I'm well aware what cohort means.

Thanks - I'm well aware what cohort means.
    So what are you asking? It's natural for people to use synonyms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Am registering Sunday (Im 54) anyone know can you do it from midnight Saturday, also any idea how long until first vaccination itself?

Am registering Sunday (Im 54) anyone know can you do it from midnight Saturday also any idea how long until first vaccination itself?
    2-3 weeks is what seems to be the standard timescale until an appointment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ll31

Am registering Sunday (Im 54) anyone know can you do it from midnight Saturday, also any idea how long until first vaccination itself?

Yep you can register any time. It says to expect to hear re appt in 3 weeks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement