Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

My entire close family bar myself are now vaccinated. A more normal society feels close to reach finally

• Registered Users Posts: 18,957 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

secman wrote: »
    It took me ages to find it too, go in to it as if you were setting up your account, there you should see the "already have an account" message.
    Mine has updated to awaiting 2nd dose.

Cheers, I found it in the end. You have to start registering and it shows up on the page where you enter your name and address.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Ll31 wrote: »
    Yep you can register any time. It says to expect to hear re appt in 3 weeks

Even today?

Even today?

The real figure seems to be 1-2 weeks, but there appears to be a lot of variation. Probably just over a week at a bare minimum.

Strazdas wrote: »
    The real figure seems to be 1-2 weeks, but there appears to be a lot of variation. Probably just over a week at a bare minimum.

Sorry I meant can you register today if you are in 50 to 54 age group or do you have to wait literally to when your age group is invited to register, just wondering?

• Advertisement

Sorry I meant can you register today if you are in 50 to 54 age group or do you have to wait literally to when your age group is invited to register, just wondering?

Oh right, yes, well you have to wait for your specific day : I think 54 year olds are this Sunday and 53 on Monday etc.

Oh right, yes, well you have to wait for your specific day : I think 54 year olds are this Sunday and 53 on Monday etc.

It says 50 to 54 on Sunday, was thinking system might be under pressure with 4 times the amount potentially trying to register.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭lausp

tamova wrote: »
    I had asked earlier in this thread about younger people with asthma getting vaccine under Group 7, so thought I'd give a heads up to anyone in a similar situation. I just got my appointment for vaccine. I'm in 25-35 age bracket. I submitted a form with my GP. I'm prescribed seretide and ventolin, but a family member with the same age just got it too and he takes becotide.

This is where there is confusion. I contacted the doctor about this as I am prescribed becotide. It was made clear to me that only those who take oral steroids, not steroid inhalers are in group 7. So I am not in group 7.

The inconsistency of this across the country is frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭blackcard

Amongst a number of people in their 60's that I know, the wait from registration to vaccination was around 12 days so fairly rapid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭secman

is_that_so wrote: »
    2-3 weeks is what seems to be the standard timescale until an appointment.

Yeah, out of curiosity i registered just as midnight struck, its based on date line. No issues, mine has even updated to reflect I'm awaiting 2nd jab. Time frame varies, my wife registered on Monday and got text on the following Friday for vaccine on Saturday.
    I registered on a Sat and received text following Friday for vaccine on Tuesday gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

lausp wrote: »
    This is where there is confusion. I contacted the doctor about this as I am prescribed becotide. It was made clear to me that only those who take oral steroids, not steroid inhalers are in group 7. So I am not in group 7.

The inconsistency of this across the country is frustrating.

Technically your GP is right . Only those on systemic steroids are in group 7

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭Polar101

Sputnik Light now available for those who really want Sputnik, but don't want the full experience. Less than 10 bucks a shot, and it's single dose. Phase III trials underway, but the manufacturer claims 79.4% efficacy.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/russia-authorises-single-dose-sputnik-light-covid-vaccine-use-rdif-2021-05-06/

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭irishlad.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭lausp

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Technically your GP is right . Only those on systemic steroids are in group 7

Yes and that's fair, the only reason I checked is because of the post I quoted and anecdotal stories of people who hadn't even got inhalers in the past year getting a vaccine.

I'm quite happy to wait my turn, but why are some being incorrectly put in group 7?

It says 50 to 54 on Sunday, was thinking system might be under pressure with 4 times the amount potentially trying to register.

No, they mean it starts on Sunday but 53 year olds have to wait until Monday, 52 on Tuesday etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

tamova wrote: »
    I had asked earlier in this thread about younger people with asthma getting vaccine under Group 7, so thought I'd give a heads up to anyone in a similar situation. I just got my appointment for vaccine. I'm in 25-35 age bracket. I submitted a form with my GP. I'm prescribed seretide and ventolin, but a family member with the same age just got it too and he takes becotide.
    I'm on seretide and ventolin and was told no way am I in group 7......

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

lausp wrote: »
    Yes and that's fair, the only reason I checked is because of the post I quoted and anecdotal stories of people who hadn't even got inhalers in the past year getting a vaccine.

I'm quite happy to wait my turn, but why are some being incorrectly put in group 7?
    Its a mystery to me too . Yet people who are on the list are not getting it .

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ll31

Originally Posted by Ll31 View Post
    Yep you can register any time. It says to expect to hear re appt in 3 weeks
    Even today?

Said that yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Germany allows everyone over 18 get the Astra Zeneca vaccine
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/06/world/germany-astrazeneca.html

The actions of various European regulators will have to be scrutinised after this is over in my opinion. Well meaning actions, but we cannot have vaccines with rare side-effects going unused in the middle of a pandemic.

hmmm wrote: »

The actions of various European regulators will have to be scrutinised after this is over in my opinion. Well meaning actions, but we cannot have vaccines with rare side-effects going unused in the middle of a pandemic.

Keep in mind though that the slowness of the Irish rollout has not been caused by restrictions on AZ or J & J, but because we simply hadn't enough doses to give people.

So in one sense, the actions of Irish regulators has had very little impact on the rollout (so far).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Keep in mind though that the slowness of the Irish rollout has not been caused by restrictions on AZ or J & J, but because we simply hadn't enough doses to give people.

So in one sense, the actions of Irish regulators has had very little impact on the rollout (so far).
    True, but I think we're treading a fine line. Thankfully most Irish people can see the benefits of the vaccine vastly outweigh the risks, but I don't think the actions of regulators have helped to inspire public confidence. In some countries in the EU they are currently seeing AZ going unused, and that's just an incredible shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

And what is the point in the EMA recommending it as safe at all ages, and then each country regulator making their own decision. All of this causes confusion and hesitancy.

No, they mean it starts on Sunday but 53 year olds have to wait until Monday, 52 on Tuesday etc.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Why single out just European regulators?
    It's not just EU countries who have age restrictions on AZ.

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Why single out just European regulators?
    It's not just EU countries who have age restrictions on AZ.
    Because EU regulators are not following the EMA recommendation. What's the point of the recommendation?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Because EU regulators are not following the EMA recommendation. What's the point of the recommendation?

Eh... You just answered it. It's a recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

My Da gets his second shot this weekend and my Ma gets her first the day after. My nerves are calming.

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Eh... You just answered it. It's a recommendation.
    Recommendations are meant to be followed.

snotboogie wrote: »
    Not the prettiest reading in the world at the moment. Hopefully we have massive days over Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

Country per capita Date Reported Ireland Days Behind
    Malta 80 May 4th
    Lithuania 39.5 May 5th 12
    Germany 39 May 5th 11
    Spain 38.5 May 4th 11
    Austria 37.5 May 5th 8
    Denmark 37 May 4th 8
    Estonia 37 May 5th 7
    Italy 36.5 May 5th 6
    Belgium 36 May 5th 5
    Finland 35 May 5th 3
    Portugal 35 May 5th 3
    Sweden 34.5 May 5th 2
    France 34.5 May 3rd 4
    Luxembourg 34 May 4th 2
    Netherlands 33 May 2nd 2
    Cyprus 33 May 1st 3
    Ireland 33 May 4th 0
    Poland 32.5 May 4th -1
    Slovenia 32.5 May 5th -2
    Czech Rep 32 May 5th -3
    Greece 32 May 5th -3
    Slovakia 31.5 May 5th -4
    Romania 28.5 May 4th -9
    Croatia 24 May 5th -19
    Latvia 18 May 5th -31
    Bulgaria 12.5 May 5th -42
    They had time to set this up so there's no excuses regarding us performing poorly. This is starting to become significant even at this early stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

irishlad. wrote: »

That's more like it. If they can get that rate going then most of the Cohort 5 can be done by next weekend and the over 50s can be mostly done in May.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement