Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ll31

Text says centre and vaccine. U can log in and consent and answer medical questions too.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Amazing to hear those in 50’s being called already, fantastic stuff, we are very lucky to be in this position.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

pc7 wrote: »
    Amazing to hear those in 50’s being called already, fantastic stuff, we are very lucky to be in this position.

Bit annoying when you're cohort 7 and no movement at all on you getting vaccinated when you're above them on the list though. Seems we've just been left to the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

titan18 wrote: »
    Bit annoying when you're cohort 7 and no movement at all on you getting vaccinated when you're above them on the list though. Seems we've just been left to the side.

Yes - you have unfortunately. It kind of validates the approach of dropping procession, DOB is an easy verifiable differentiator.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Cohort 7 was only supposed to begin this week wasn't it?

• Advertisement

Turtwig wrote: »
    Cohort 7 was only supposed to begin this week wasn't it?

No idea, but if they're using the Pfizer supply on the 50-59 group now, that shunts us further down really. Supply isn't really there to do both at the same time effectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Ll31 wrote: »
    58 registered early Wednesday, appt Monday for Pfizer. Am in Dublin.

What part of Dublin - what centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

No idea, but if they're using the Pfizer supply on the 50-59 group now, that shunts us further down really. Supply isn't really there to do both at the same time effectively.

Also the lack of information for those in cohort 7 is dreadful . Many being shunted from GP to clinic and back again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Also the lack of information for those in cohort 7 is dreadful . Many being shunted from GP to clinic and back again

The portal should be open for cohort 7, the people register, it sends a mail to the GP saying “Xxx has registered under C7 due to condition: XYZ:, confirm this is valid”. GP replies yes or no and appointment generates if confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,970 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

They seem to be flying along. I'd say most people were assuming a 10 to 14 day wait for the over 50s or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    The portal should be open for cohort 7, the people register, it sends a mail to the GP saying “Xxx has registered under C7 due to condition: XYZ:, confirm this is valid”. GP replies yes or no and appointment generates if confirmed.

Many of them have long term illness books . Or a letter from the GP or clinic etc
    I mean the only had a year to sort it out

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Strazdas wrote: »
    They seem to be flying along. I'd say most people were assuming a 10 to 14 day wait for the over 50s or something.

I think with all the recent deliveries there are about 400k vaccines ready to go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

So group 7 will be technically only 18-49 now.
    To think of all the time spend going through patient records to separate out group 4 and group 7 and then for the 50+ of group 7, to be just told to register with your age group.
    I guess they can't even prioritise the 50-59 group based on also being in group 7 before age (same issue is happening with group 4 also)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Van.Bosch wrote: »

Or surely there's a way the portal can do this via your details like your PPS number

Would PPS details include medical history on government databases?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Kalimah

How do you know which you're getting? What centre?
    It was on the text that it was Pfizer. Going to Citywest.

Wolf359f wrote: »
    To think of all the time spend going through patient records to separate out group 4 and group 7 and then for the 50+ of group 7, to be just told to register with your age group.
    I guess they can't even prioritise the 50-59 group based on also being in group 7 before age (same issue is happening with group 4 also)

Sucks for us younger people in group 4/7. Be waiting ages to get vaccinated despite being much higher risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Kalimah

I’d have been happy enough to wait another while. I’ve no underlying conditions and wasn’t too worried about COVID for myself one way or the other l.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ll31

What part of Dublin - what centre?
    West Dublin, City west

• Registered Users Posts: 18,970 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Stheno wrote: »
    I think with all the recent deliveries there are about 400k vaccines ready to go

But wasn't the talk that the 60s to 64s were nowhere near completed? Whatever way they are doing it though, they seem to be tearing along.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I’m cohort 7 and I’m getting mine next week, I’m sorry you haven’t had any word on yours yet. it seems very unfair and gp dependent. But hopefully it all shakes out in next week or two.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Wolf359f wrote: »

I can see this happening

And aren't some of the conditions in Cohort 7 more open to adverse effects of certain vaccines?

In Cohort 7 they were almost certainly getting Pfizer

In 18-49 it's "whatever's mostly in stock this week"?

Today's updated numbers here. They vaccinated a whole 0.1% (389) more people in Cohort 7 in 24 hours

Just another 348,000 people to go

:rolleyes:

Cohort 7 (People aged 16-69 who have an underlying conditions that puts them at high risk of severe disease and death)
    • Total in group: ~350,000
    • Total vaccines: 1,809 (+389)
    • Total with first vaccine: 1,807 (+389)
    • Total with second vaccine: 2 (+0)
    • 0.5% of total half vaccinated (+0.1%)
    • 0% of total fully vaccinated (+0%)

I’m cohort 7 and I’m getting mine next week, I’m sorry you haven’t had any word on yours yet. it seems very unfair and gp dependent. But hopefully it all shakes out in next week or two.

Hopefully I'll hear something. Might have to ring at this stage incase I've been forgotten about but even looking at the numbers in the cohort that have been vaccinated, it's small numbers so far.

As is, it looks like things reopen in June, I'll be avoiding stuff. If I got vaccinated, I'd feel far safer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Hopefully I'll hear something. Might have to ring at this stage incase I've been forgotten about but even looking at the numbers in the cohort that have been vaccinated, it's small numbers so far.

As is, it looks like things reopen in June, I'll be avoiding stuff. If I got vaccinated, I'd feel far safer.

Who knows, they did say early May they would start group 7, so it could be silence and then all of a sudden people start getting txt appointments.

Yeah I hadn’t rang and nearly fell over when I got the call I just didn’t think they’d get to me until it was time to hit 40’s registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

My mam is 69 years old and I registered her for the vaccine on the first day that registrations were open.

She still has not got a date for a vaccine yet

We called the HSE to make sure she was registered and they just said she will get a call "in a few weeks"

All her friends / family in the same age group have been done

She is in a very bad place mentally as she hasnt left the house in a year and spends all day watching the news and on facebook.

Is there anything I can do to get them to fast track her as she should have at least got a date by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

My mam is 69 years old and I registered her for the vaccine on the first day that registrations were open.

She still has not got a date for a vaccine yet

We called the HSE to make sure she was registered and they just said she will get a call "in a few weeks"

All her friends / family in the same age group have been done

She is in a very bad place mentally as she hasnt left the house in a year and spends all day watching the news and on facebook.

Is there anything I can do to get them to fast track her as she should have at least got a date by now?

This seems very strange. If I were you, I would write to all the TDs in your constituency, outlining what you just outlined here. Send each one a separate email. You can easily get their email addresses on the Oireachtas website.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

How is the over 50s starting before group 7? Is the priority list no more?

How is the over 50s starting before group 7? Is the priority list no more?

Seems to be in parallel, maybe just due to the numbers the mvc can do

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

revelman wrote: »
    This seems very strange. If I were you, I would write to all the TDs in your constituency, outlining what you just outlined here. Send each one a separate email. You can easily get their email addresses on the Oireachtas website.

Good idea. I'm 69 and got vaccinated on 20 April. It's shocking to hear of a 69 year old still waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Redjacketboy

I had a stage zero skin cancer in Oct Got it removed and then got more out in Feb and then I was given the all clear. No chemotherapy or further follow up. Just read there that if you've had cancer in the last year you are entitled to vaccine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement