Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,742 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Cohort 4 got so big that those remaining in cohort 7 are going to be less risk than just going by age group, hopefully they keep on opening up bookings by age group and let cohort 7 crawl along.

Absolutely no need for the second part of your post

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

astrofool wrote: »
    Cohort 4 got so big that those remaining in cohort 7 are going to be less risk than just going by age group, hopefully they keep on opening up bookings by age group and let cohort 7 crawl along.

Cohort 4 was estimated at 200-250k, there's currently 222k with a first dose. Not sure what you mean by 'got so big'

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Stheno wrote: »
    Was that Ray Walley?

The GP i referred to are doing cohorts 4 and 7 at the moment and their reserve list is patients outside of that in older ages the person I knew was 59

Better imo that doses are used rather than binned tbh

That's similar to my own gp, doing 4 and 7 and any spare doses allocated to other patients, but based on health conditions as opposed to age. My early 20s sibling got a call this week to take a spare dose because she has asthma, but it's not severe enough to make her cohort 4 or 7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Akabusi

revelman wrote: »
    This seems very strange. If I were you, I would write to all the TDs in your constituency, outlining what you just outlined here. Send each one a separate email. You can easily get their email addresses on the Oireachtas website.

Same with my father, we rang today and they said they'd put him on a priority list to get it. It's so strange how this is happening, must be some glitch in the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,999 ✭✭✭✭Stark

How is the over 50s starting before group 7? Is the priority list no more?

Over 50s can be vaccinated with AZ/J&J whereas cohort 7 need to wait while they finish vaccinating cohort 4 and the over 70s with Pfizer/Moderna

• Advertisement

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    That's similar to my own gp, doing 4 and 7 and any spare doses allocated to other patients, but based on health conditions as opposed to age. My early 20s sibling got a call this week to take a spare dose because she has asthma, but it's not severe enough to make her cohort 4 or 7

I don't think anyone would have an issue with that situation. Especially with the GP choosing who would benefit most from the vaccine rather than just pulling a name outta a hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Any idea when the registration will start for us near half centurions? The 49 year old bracket?

Stark wrote: »
    Over 50s can be vaccinated with AZ/J&J whereas cohort 7 need to wait while they finish vaccinating cohort 4 and the over 70s with Pfizer/Moderna

That's a valid point, but as a 50+ poster mentioned, he got a text appointment for next week for Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

The people who post here today all said they were getting Pfizer as far as I remember

The people who post here today all said they were getting Pfizer as far as I remember

There wasn't many, maybe 1 or 2, but the fact they have 4 vaccines available to use for them, that was well know. The fact they would start 50-60 before Group 7, that was a surprise to me (starting them with Pfizer)
    It's not a matter of vaccine supply, it's a matter of people aged 50-60 being higher risk than 18-49 with underlying conditions. That's the only logical reason I can see. A few weeks time, the 40-50 will be higher risk and so on. All the time sucking up Group 7, to say they are doing them.
    I dunno, it's confusing to me.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,718 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭SJFly

Wolf359f wrote: »
    There wasn't many, maybe 1 or 2, but the fact they have 4 vaccines available to use for them, that was well know. The fact they would start 50-60 before Group 7, that was a surprise to me (starting them with Pfizer)
    It's not a matter of vaccine supply, it's a matter of people aged 50-60 being higher risk than 18-49 with underlying conditions. That's the only logical reason I can see. A few weeks time, the 40-50 will be higher risk and so on. All the time sucking up Group 7, to say they are doing them.
    I dunno, it's confusing to me.

It's not the supply or the risk. It's the different vaccinators - gp v MVC. They can't slow down the MVCs because the gps are slow with category 7. It is a mess though and group 7 are being let down. It must be on their radar and I hope something is done to address it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,618 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Cork2021 wrote: »
    Looks to me like a bit of a postcode lottery atm.
    Mother in law 62 (Mallow)registered on the day she was supposed to co worker 59 (ballincollig)registered on Tuesday appointment for Pairc Ui Chaoimh for next Tuesday, mother in law still no appointment
    revelman wrote: »
    There is supposed to be an MVC at Mallow GAA club. Maybe it is one of the last ones to open?

Yep, they didn't open until the 29th or something. They are a good bit behind.
    It seems to be mainly 68 and 69 year old they've done.
    None of the 66's I know(well my mother) have being called yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

59yo. Registered first thing last Monday morning on the HSE portal. Text 5pm today telling me to be in City West tomorrow Saturday in the PM. Astrazeneca is the flavour they are giving me. My delight is dampened that I have to wait 16 weeks for the 2nd dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,970 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Any idea when the registration will start for us near half centurions? The 49 year old bracket?

Not too long if they keep going at this breakneck pace - could be within two or three weeks (or even less).

SJFly wrote: »
    It's not the supply or the risk. It's the different vaccinators - gp v MVC. They can't slow down the MVCs because the gps are slow with category 7. It is a mess though and group 7 are being let down. It must be on their radar and I hope something is done to address it soon.

Not all GP's have signed up to do Cohort 7, there's been zero communication about that. Some GP's are flying with Cohort 7 (if you believe posters on here), yet the dashboard has only 2k done (yes there's a delay assigning correct cohorts) If GP's are out of their depth and can't be doing Cohort 7, the HSE needs to step in.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Voguementol

Anyone been to the centre in the Aviva to get their vaccination recently? hope they have sorted out their system.

Surely there was a better way of doing cohort 7 in the first place. Let people register online, get their GP to validate it. That is easier than the GP contacting each person individually. You'd wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Turtwig wrote: »
    How? They only just started the cohort. The oth er cohorts, albeit there were supply issues, were slow to build up momentum.

He’s doing no harm. I don’t know how, country practice.

The rest will catch up but for now he’s ahead.

My wife ( who since has received the AZ from the HSE) was at work when her colleague ( 10 years her junior) received a phone call from her doctor, giving her (colleague) an appointment. They have the same doctor. So she rang the doctor, who gave her an appointment, but the HSE, who gave her 1 days notice, then informed her of an appointment. Sods Law, 2 days notice, and she wouldn’t have rang the doctor, which she has since cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭SJFly

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Not all GP's have signed up to do Cohort 7, there's been zero communication about that. Some GP's are flying with Cohort 7 (if you believe posters on here), yet the dashboard has only 2k done (yes there's a delay assigning correct cohorts) If GP's are out of their depth and can't be doing Cohort 7, the HSE needs to step in.

I agree. I said it was a mess and something needed to be done to address it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

59yo. Registered first thing last Monday morning on the HSE portal. Text 5pm today telling me to be in City West tomorrow Saturday in the PM. Astrazeneca is the flavour they are giving me. My delight is dampened that I have to wait 16 weeks for the 2nd dose.

I thought AZ was for over 60s only

And I didn't realise it was still 4 months until they give the second shot

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    I thought AZ was for over 60s only

And I didn't realise it was still 4 months until they give the second shot
    AZ and J&J are over 50s

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭JPup

Were you told 16 weeks? I thought it was 12.

AZ and J&J are over 50s

There's speculation that the J & J advice will change again. Apparently NIAC will spend the next few days discussing and debating it.

AZ and J&J are over 50s

Cool

And Pfizer and Moderna for the under 50s?

And they both have a month interval for the second shot I believe

To wait 16 weeks for a second shot is mental. Some AZ'ers who get it this week won't be fully vaccinated till around September 10th

Cool

And Pfizer and Moderna for the under 50s?

And they both have a month interval for the second shot I believe

To wait 16 weeks for a second shot is mental. Some AZ'ers who get it this week won't be fully vaccinated till around September 10th
    Yeah I registered my mother today and she's open for getting anything but the AZ timeframe is putting her off slightly

Strazdas wrote: »
    There's speculation that the J & J advice will change again. Apparently NIAC will spend the next few days discussing and debating it.

Change in the sense no one over 40 will get it?

It's 16 weeks for people vaccinated before the restrictions, who were under the age of said restrictions. So a 40 year old (vaccinated before the restrictions), 16 weeks, a 50+ year old, 12 weeks.

Change in the sense no one over 40 will get it?

No, that they might get it in fact. From what I heard, the HSE indicated to NIAC that a situation where J & J doses would be left unused would be highly undesirable and that is why NIAC are reviewing the evidence.

• Advertisement

Yeah I registered my mother today and she's open for getting anything but the AZ timeframe is putting her off slightly

Where's this 16 week coming from? Has the advice changed from 12-16 weeks?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement