Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ll31

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    More vaccines given out in the last 8 days than we've had confirmed cases of COVID throughout the whole pandemic.

That's a really nice statistic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Lumen wrote: »
    I'm not complaining, but that's not quite right.

Between April 6 and May 6 we did 785k doses.

I did say *about* a month. If we need to be exact then it's also more than 3 months for the first million.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,667 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

My da got his second shot, so he is fully vaccinated now.

I will have a beer for that later on. My mind is getting more at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

I got my first vaccine today in CIT in Cork, great set up, super efficient and well organised. Definitely a little emotional seeing everyone there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭johnmck

robinbird wrote: »
    Anyone that is on the lists of a doctor doing referrals can get a Cohort 4 referral for Pfizer from what I can tell. May actually be a clever strategy as they are playing on irish cute hoorism and queue jumping.

Yes. We are. Evidence from other countries has shown that vaccine hesitancy kicks in at about 60%. We are at 35% and ramping up so not that far away.
    Expect incentives by June. Choice of vaccine, walk in Johnson and Johnsons jabs from pharmacy. Discounts in shops and restaurants for those with vaccine certs. Possibly free choc ices.

Why would you need to incentivise something so safe? 🀔

• Advertisement

astrofool wrote: »
    And the deal agreed today with the concession for France being:
    “Other contracts and other vaccine technologies will follow,”

Which is a pretty great outcome. Awesome that the EU is leading the way on funding new effective vaccine technology.

All in your name!

I got my first vaccine today in CIT in Cork, great set up, super efficient and well organised. Definitely a little emotional seeing everyone there.

You should get a tattoo and post about the emotion to Instagram

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Is the mederna vaccine been kept for a particular cohort does anyone know?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

johnmck wrote: »
    Why would you need to incentivise something so safe? ��

You would think that the free badge would be incentive enough.!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Is the mixer a vaccine been kept for a particular cohort does anyone know?
    What "mixer" do you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

is_that_so wrote: »

I’d say “mixer a” was an autocorrect of moderna.

If so, it’s not being kept for any one cohort, we just have a limited amount so you don’t hear of that many getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭secman

is_that_so wrote: »

Maybe meant to say nixer vaccine ?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

nibtrix wrote: »
    I’d say “mixer a” was an autocorrect of moderna.

If so, it’s not being kept for any one cohort, we just have a limited amount so you don’t hear of that many getting it.

This, auto spell :)

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

This, auto spell :)
    We will have more of it once they fulfil their US contracts and what the other poster said it also true. The EU have ordered bigger numbers for later in the year.

https://investors.modernatx.com/news-releases/news-release-details/european-commission-purchases-additional-150-million-doses-covid

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Mother in law just got a text for croke Park. She is in Lucan. She is unable to leave the house. Rang the helpline but they said nothing they could do. All they could do is reschedule but it will still be for croke park.
    Should we contact her gp??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

The moderna figures are wierd. It is like they are holding 50% back for ever. Instead of 50% back to be used as a second dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭dubdamo

Cohort 7, got a phone call from GP, booking me in for next Friday. They originally were questioning whether they would do me at all and leave me for the HSE as I am 51. I questioned this approach and asked whats the point of being in a high risk category if you have to wait to be done by age. I probably would have been passed over only I contacted them asking about when I would be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭VG31

My mother (late 50s) got a text from her GP saying they were vaccinating people with underlying health conditions and asked if she wished to register for a vaccine. While she does have a health condition it isn't mentioned anywhere as a high risk and I would have been very surprised if it was. She already registered online for the MVCs this week.

What is the best course of action here? Register with the GP anyway? Maybe they are awash with vaccines.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

johnmck wrote: »
    Why would you need to incentivise something so safe? 🀔

Because **** like you keep spreading fear and doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

channaigh wrote: »
    Mother in law just got a text for croke Park. She is in Lucan. She is unable to leave the house. Rang the helpline but they said nothing they could do. All they could do is reschedule but it will still be for croke park.

Did she register herself? If so I imagine she would always had to go to a centre, regardless of how close or far it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Can you defer the vaccine twice?

My mam had surgery week before last, and was told to wait 2 weeks until getting her vaccine. She deferred her first appointment which was supposed to be tomorrow, got a reschedule for Tuesday. But won't be 2 weeks after her surgery until later this week.

Has anyone deferred twice?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,999 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Don't think so. Just gets mixed in with the Pfizer supplies for whatever group is getting Pfizer. Know people in cohorts 2, 3 and 4 who got it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

channaigh wrote: »

Just looking on the hse website, yes, I think contacting the GP looks like the way to go.

'Talk to your GP if you cannot leave home for medical reasons. They can refer you for home vaccination.'

See link below.

https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/get-the-vaccine/getting-your-vaccine/

• Registered Users Posts: 38,501 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Are we looking at July for a min first dose for 34-26 age groups ?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Interesting development in Germany. Government is permitting second AZ dose to be given at any point between 4 and 12 weeks. GPs can decide in consultation with patients what is best for them. Advantage is that more people can be “fully vaccinated” earlier. I’m surprised by this because I thought the data in the U.K. showed peak efficiency at 12 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Are we looking at July for a min first dose for 34-26 age groups ?

I’d say early July is realistic. But you never know. Early 30s might just scrape end of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,501 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

revelman wrote: »
    I’d say early July is realistic. But you never know. Early 30s might just scrape end of June.

Here's hoping im 31 so will towards the middle of the group, i'll take any vaccine i don't care. J&J maybe used to speed up esp with only 1 dose needed

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Jane1012

Can you defer the vaccine twice?

My mam had surgery week before last, and was told to wait 2 weeks until getting her vaccine. She deferred her first appointment which was supposed to be tomorrow, got a reschedule for Tuesday. But won't be 2 weeks after her surgery until later this week.

Has anyone deferred twice?

HSE website says you can defer twice (but no more than that)
    https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/user-guide/texts-and-emails-you-will-get/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Micky 32 wrote: »

Is it just me, or did anyone else see an illustration of a mass hanging when the saw that first?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement