Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    :) if only. I know a relative in their 50s with no medical issues who got vaccinated by their friend and GP last week. Meanwhile we in our 60s are waiting for appointments at the MVC.

Why dont you call the same GP and ask why his friend got vaccinated ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,970 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Stheno wrote: »

Crikey, that would suggest they are privately furious with the company and want nothing more to do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I registered for the vaccine last night on the HSE website or at least thought i had but ive no confirmation email, surely i should have received one?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Strazdas wrote: »
    Crikey, that would suggest they are privately furious with the company and want nothing more to do with them.

Yep also begs the question of what will be used for second doses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

There's a bit more than meets the eye with this I think.

The Reuters article says they haven't made any new orders yet and the quote is "We did not renew the order after June. We’ll see what happens,"

There's a bit of positioning going on here probably given the legal case the commission is taking.

At the end of the day it's not going to make much difference as AZ still have to deliver the inital contract anyway & at the pace they're currently delivering that might take a while

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I registered for the vaccine last night on the HSE website or at least thought i had but ive no confirmation email, surely i should have received one?

Yes you get an e mail to confirm the e mail adress and a link to click on ,then continue on and you get a text message with PIN to verify it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Russman

Must also be assured of enough supplies of Pfizer & Moderna and maybe Curevac for the rest of 2021 before the massive 1.8BN deal with Pfizer kicks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,092 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

It's probably just that in Ireland AZ is only recommended for a very narrow age/risk band, and is likely to be slower to adapt to new variants, so whilst the mRNA vaccines are more expensive and more difficult to transport, they provide greater flexibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Yep also begs the question of what will be used for second doses

Not really. The inital contract will still need to be fulfilled anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Russman

Question with regard to J&J, has there been any real world data yet on how J&J performs ? For example the HSE site re AZ gives the efficacy from the trials and then mentions new data from England and Scotland with updated metrics. Just wondering if there’s anything similar for J&J ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

52k jabs done on Friday!. Other news MM got his AZ jab today and says “ we are emerging from this pandemic “

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Russman wrote: »
    Question with regard to J&J, has there been any real world data yet on how J&J performs ? For example the HSE site re AZ gives the efficacy from the trials and then mentions new data from England and Scotland with updated metrics. Just wondering if there’s anything similar for J&J ?

This article gives a flavour https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/news/story/why-the-johnson-johnson-vaccine-is-more-effective-than-you-think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Micky 32 wrote: »
    52k jabs done on Friday!. Other news MM got his AZ jab today and says “ we are emerging from this pandemic “

This is controversial but it is madness that the whole Government are not yet vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,970 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

No, you don't get a confirmation email as such, just one you receive 'before' you enter your details.

But you can log into the site to check your details. Start the registration process again and when you get to the page where you enter your name and address, there is a login button at the bottom of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

"for after June" i.e. that's AZ finished and done with? Leaves just J&J and the MRNA's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Cork2021

For somebody who asked about the Mallow Vaccine Center they seem to be onto 66 year olds now.

Mother in law (62) has an appointment for next Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0509/1217807-virus-updates/
    Mr Donnelly said the roll-out would be moving to the 40-50 age cohort "very shortly", adding they were "really moving" through the age cohorts, which today opens for those aged 54.

"In the coming weeks we will open up for 45-49, 40-44 and so forth," he said.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Yes you get an e mail to confirm the e mail adress and a link to click on ,then continue on and you get a text message with PIN to verify it

Ya got that and confirmed the PIN, but no email after that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

that's it , next thing you will get is a text with an appointment

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Thats ok . The next communication is the text with date and venue .

Ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭crossman47

This is controversial but it is madness that the whole Government are not yet vaccinated.

I agree. They should have been done at the start irrespective of what you think of their policies. Running scared of the social media mob and the tabloid rags.

Greystones mvc is doing 63yr olds and younger tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

"for after June" i.e. that's AZ finished and done with? Leaves just J&J and the MRNA's?
    We will see is what Thierry Breton has said but neither they nor J&J are likely to see a renewed contract anyway with the EU going down the mRNA/protein-based vaccine track.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭blackcard

Arrived for my jab 10 minutes early at the MVC in Kilkenny, got the jab 2 minutes before scheduled time. Very efficient. 650 due to get the jab there today, they will be extending to a 12 hour day tomorrow so approximately 1000 per day

• Registered Users Posts: 12,615 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

My friend in Quebec is telling me that its 5 months between first and second vaccination doses over there. Read paragraph after the summary.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7011e2.htm?fbclid=IwAR17gGP9ZDkDoNwWq82EtcOuT5xhvaG7R3MgNscXzgFvG50WZHrwtw47VOQ

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

blackcard wrote: »
    Arrived for my jab 10 minutes early at the MVC in Kilkenny, got the jab 2 minutes before scheduled time. Very efficient. 650 due to get the jab there today, they will be extending to a 12 hour day tomorrow so approximately 1000 per day

I know there are a couple of MVCs that are yet to open but let’s say 35 are open today. You’d expect Kilkenny to be an average or slightly larger than average sized MVC. If this is the case, this would mean that over 20,000 people are getting vaccinated today at MVCs. This would be fantastic for a Sunday and all first doses!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭blackcard

blackcard wrote: »

PS. I rolled up the sleeve of my shirt to get the jab but the nurse wasn't satisfied that it was rolled up far enough for her to give the jab where she wanted to so so I had to partially remove my shirt

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement