Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

SusanC10 wrote: »
    How are things looking now in terms of a timeline for people aged 45-49 ?
    June at the earliest as we stand but probably booking on the portal by the end of next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

The numbers on the graphic you linked don't add to that, slightly under 28k?

I take the total from Friday report (1,799,190) from Saturdays report (1,827,610) as stuff is updated periodically.

Example Fridays report says 36,280 1st doses were administered on 7/5 whereas Saturdays says 36,327 for 7/5.

if you count just the totals administered for each day on the report you'll miss some numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,251 ✭✭✭✭km79

How are things looking now in terms of a timeline for people aged 45-49 ?

I’d guess registering at some stage next week and getting first dose early June

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

km79 wrote: »
    I’d guess registering at some stage next week and getting first dose early June

Would be great. Nearly there.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,251 ✭✭✭✭km79

Would be great. Nearly there.

Yes
    I am actually doubling down on my efforts regarding SD etc
    It would be an absolute sickener to contract it now after nearly surviving the whole school year !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

It was all very fine sending texts with date and time to the 65 and over .They are likely to be retired and can go anytime .I see an issue when the groups are younger and working and have kids etc .It wont be as easy to leave work or mind kids or be in City West if you work in the airport etc . I wonder how it will pan out then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I take the total from Friday report (1,799,190) from Saturdays report (1,827,610) as stuff is updated periodically.

Example Fridays report says 36,280 1st doses were administered on 7/5 whereas Saturdays says 36,327 for 7/5.

if you count just the totals administered for each day on the report you'll miss some numbers.

Nice to see consistency in reporting vaccines with the way we report deaths ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

salmocab wrote: »
    I was talking to a mate who’s partner worked in city west at the weekend and she reckoned she got through about 12 jabs an hour so I’d be surprised if a doctors could get close to 1000 in a day.

It was her first day vaccinating and she was impressed with the setup.

12 jabs seems low considering they have no paperwork or anything to do really - all done by the assistants.

acer911 wrote: »
    12 jabs seems low considering they have no paperwork or anything to do really - all done by the assistants.

In City west the vaccinator went through a few questions too . Person in and jabbed , then clean the area , wash hands and get the dose ready for next person etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    It was all very fine sending texts with date and time to the 65 and over .They are likely to be retired and can go anytime .I see an issue when the groups are younger and working and have kids etc .It wont be as easy to leave work or mind kids or be in City West if you work in the airport etc . I wonder how it will pan out then
    Been wondering that myself. The Government should encourage employers to give employees the time off to travel. Anything which discourages vaccinations would be a negative.

• Advertisement

Employers are making plans. My employer has allowed "reasonable time" to leave work for for vaccination once employees inform their supervisor at the earliest opportunity. They also will pay sick leave for a "reasonable period of time" following vaccination should people need - defined as up to 48 hours I believe. Employers should all be supported in making similar provision for their employees

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

I think it is time for NIAC to revisit the interval between first and second doses for Pfizer. Real world data is showing even better protection after the first dose than initially anticipated. Several major countries have now significantly extended the interval and we are still following the manufacturer’s guidance based on trial data. I think it is time to be a bit less cautious now. Lengthening the interval would speed things up significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

km79 wrote: »
    Yes
    I am actually doubling down on my efforts regarding SD etc
    It would be an absolute sickener to contract it now after nearly surviving the whole school year !
    This is why I am hoping they start to run 40-49 in parallel well before the end of June so that we might transition quickly as all of society opens up again and we and others are left in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Ok rang a general HSE Covid vaccine number: 01 240 8746 this morning after getting it via the Community HSE number.

Was told some GPs are doing Cohort 7 some aren't. Your options are:
    1. Try other GPs in your area
    2. Ring your consultant
    3. Wait for the government to contact you for your age based vaccination.

(Just including info here for others in similar situations).

Ok rang a general HSE Covid vaccine number: 01 240 8746 this morning after getting it via the Community HSE number.

Was told some GPs are doing Cohort 7 some aren't. Your options are:
    1. Try other GPs in your area
    2. Ring your consultant
    3. Wait for the government to get you.

(Just including info here for others in similar situations).
    Did they even tell you which GP are doing it ?
    They are throwing the towel in now for cohort 7 . Help yourself cos we aint doing it for you .Disgraceful

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

acer911 wrote: »

Well I’d imagine they still need to double check the paper work is for the right person prepare the syringe and clean/disinfect after they have finished. 10 minutes doesn’t sound unreasonable per jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Did they even tell you which GP are doing it ?
    They are throwing the towel in now for cohort 7 . Help yourself cos we aint doing it for you .Disgraceful

Oh yeah I emailed the Asthma Society. Didn't even get a reply.
    I think the least they could have done is made a representation to the government regarding the stress now a lot of cohort 7 and their families are happening. The media is full "Oh isn't it great everything is opening up", Maybe the over 70's won't be going to hospital but Cohort 7 are still in danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 suttonboi1

Well I’d imagine they still need to double check the paper work is for the right person prepare the syringe and clean/disinfect after they have finished. 10 minutes doesn’t sound unreasonable per jab.

10 mins per jab sounds very slow. I got mine on Sat in the GPs and he went through at least 3, maybe 4, in the 10 minutes I was sitting waiting after my jab.

Syringe’s all prepared, took him 10 secs to fill it from the vial. I was in the room with him for no more than a minute, job done, very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

3. Wait for the government to get you.

Poor turn of phrase there. The anti vaxx loons will be all over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Employers are making plans. My employer has allowed "reasonable time" to leave work for for vaccination once employees inform their supervisor at the earliest opportunity. They also will pay sick leave for a "reasonable period of time" following vaccination should people need - defined as up to 48 hours I believe. Employers should all be supported in making similar provision for their employees

Mine too. And that sounds almost like the wording they used verbatim. 🀔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Vaccinator has to confirm patient ID, and check that they have given consent on the COVAX system. They then go through an eligibility questionnaire (allergic reactions, medications, Covid status, other recent vaccinations & pregnancy). Once that is done, draw up the dose while the patient is getting their arm ready, while normally giving a bit of reassurance, then give the injection. After that get rid of the sharps, enter vaccination on the COVAX database, fill out vaccination card and observation time sticker, quickly answer any questions and show patient out- then sanitise chair, hand hygiene and go again.
    3-4 minutes turnaround per patient all going well, but any mention of previous allergic reactions or anticoagulants in the questionnaire can increase this a lot. That and long sleeve shirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,935 ✭✭✭trellheim

Does anyone know when 50-60s will begin receiving appointments ? Even though they began registering Tue last I am unaware of appointments being issued to this group.

The UK system where people can book in for a particular centre and choose from the time slots available makes much more sense.

There will be issues with people not being able to get away from work or get childcare at certain times of the day. Also people relying on public transport will have a problem getting to some vaccination centres (e.g. in Dublin, the Aviva or Croke Park is much more accessible than Citywest). Our approach is overly restrictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

trellheim wrote: »
    Does anyone know when 50-60s will begin receiving appointments ? Even though they began registering Tue last I am unaware of appointments being issued to this group.

They have already started depending on centre,Citywest doing some in the 56 year olds from tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,320 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I have a 59 year old family member going for his vaccination in the Raddisson in Limerick/Clare today

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Few people on here posted that they were in this age group and had gotten appointments within a couple of days of registering

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Flying Fox wrote: »
    The UK system where people can book in for a particular centre and choose from the time slots available makes much more sense.

There will be issues with people not being able to get away from work or get childcare at certain times of the day. Also people relying on public transport will have a problem getting to some vaccination centres (e.g. in Dublin, the Aviva or Croke Park is much more accessible than Citywest). Our approach is overly restrictive.

The system in NI is lightyears ahead of what we offer and includes pharmacies as well as MVC which is convenient for everyone. IT needs to be a huge focus in the HSE after this year

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

City West is for people out that way. Work will accommodate people for it also as makes sense.

Most people have a family member with a car and it is also on the luas line.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Booking system software is a commodity at this stage and they could have made a better effort. When I registered the text said I would receive 3 to 7 days notice of an appointment, but I have one later today which I received on Saturday, i.e. 2 days. That's not a problem for me, but it could be a problem for some people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,935 ✭✭✭trellheim

ok thanks for that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement