Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭bladespin

Stark wrote: »
    It'll be staycation season by the time I'm offered an appointment. Will be a pain if I have to drive all the way across the country and back in the middle of a holiday to get it.

Could be worse, there's the possibility of being abroad when the appointment arrives, tough call then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 chrismm

Regarding Kinsale Area. I know people aged 59 going to city hall tomorrow who only registered last week . Think I would ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

trellheim wrote: »
    28420 or thereabouts jabbed on Saturday. Although not an overall high, it is the highest Saturday so far bringing us to around 223,000 for the week and we might just , just break the 240k although we've never had a Sunday anywhere close to 17k

230k done for the week as per Paul Reid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,935 ✭✭✭trellheim

Oh I know just going off published stats

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

jellybear wrote: »
    My parents are in a similar situation. Know of people younger being vaccinated in the same centre they will be going to. My dad rang to query it, just incase there was a change in criteria or something wrong with their registration. Was told appointments are computer generated and was told if they didn't hear anything 3 weeks after registering, it could be escalated. It'll be 3 weeks at the end of this week so fingers crossed they hear soon.
    Hope your uncle does too :)

You can go on the portal and check. I posted here a few days ago that neither of my parents (62&61) received texts about their appointments. When I chased it up, we discovered that my dad had missed his first appointment and had another one in 2 days and my mother's appointment was literally in the following 30 minutes. She rushed out and got hers and my dad got his on Saturday. But if I hadn't followed up for them, they could have missed both appointments. Some other posters here, explained that you can check your account on the portal and it will show if you have an appointment. I did that for my dad's and it was right there. So we'll be checking it continually for their second dose appointments. And I'll be checking my own when I register in a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭secman

Had your parents just not opened the texts or hadn't received them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

iguana wrote: »
    You can go on the portal and check. I posted here a few days ago that neither of my parents (62&61) received texts about their appointments. When I chased it up, we discovered that my dad had missed his first appointment and had another one in 2 days and my mother's appointment was literally in the following 30 minutes. She rushed out and got hers and my dad got his on Saturday. But if I hadn't followed up for them, they could have missed both appointments. Some other posters here, explained that you can check your account on the portal and it will show if you have an appointment. I did that for my dad's and it was right there. So we'll be checking it continually for their second dose appointments. And I'll be checking my own when I register in a few weeks.

Thanks a mill for your reply. They have been checking the portal each day but no appointment yet. Hopefully soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

To err is definitely human but you really do wonder how things like this can happen...

Italian woman given entire vial of vaccine by accident:

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0510/1218008-italy-pfizer-jabs-woman/

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭deckie66

Thanks a mill for your reply. They have been checking the portal each day but no appointment yet. Hopefully soon :)

Do you have a link to where you can check on the portal??

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭eoinbn

E03_NmnXIAIKhuD?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

So for Ireland (43.49% of Belgium's pop) approx 238,642 will be delivered next week, 227,309 on the week of the 17th and 354,300 on the week of the 24th.
    On the week of the 24th there should be a huge J&J delivery too which will substantially boost that number maybe to around 450k-500k?

In the ball park of 319,038 Pfizer guaranteed every week and 37,053 Moderna from the start of June.

On the ecdc site Ireland seems to have received 183k Pfizer vaccines last week. If we go by the numbers from
    covid-vaccinatie.be then it would have been 157k. Nearly all of the Pfizer figures seem to be off by 20-25k. When we getting 134k they were saying 110k.
    We can expect a big increase in the second half of the quarter but it won't be 5 deliveries in excess of 300k. It will be just shy of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

deckie66 wrote: »
    Do you have a link to where you can check on the portal??

https://vaccine3.hse.ie/s/login/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

revelman wrote: »
    To err is definitely human but you really do wonder how things like this can happen...

She'll have amazing 5G coverage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭RavenBea17b

No, it wasn't anxiety...it was a most strange feeling ... I actually don't know how to describe it....it just seemed to appear...I googled it after because my sister-in-law had her vaccination at the same time and didn't experience that feeling ..and what I found was it was a new side effect that some people seem to be experiencing....idk...thankfully it has gone now...

Good new you got your jab. I've heard a few times that metallic taste. If you can, add it to the vaccine observations commentary etc.
    Doesn't appear to last long from what I have read.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

secman wrote: »
    Had your parents just not opened the texts or hadn't received them ?

They hadn't received them. They missed a call the evening after my dad missed his appointment. I looked up the number, saw it was the HSE, called them back and discovered they had 3 between them that they never got appointments for. The guy at the HSE who I spoke to said he'd raise it as an issue in case it was happening to other people as it could be causing delays in the whole system if people weren't being notified of appointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,935 ✭✭✭trellheim

The Salesforce portal ( which is what is behind the vaccine system ) is emitting texts from a +44 number

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Inital portal registration message is from a +44 number, appointment text any of seen is an Irish number

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭blackcard

I had the astra zenica vaccine yesterday...I seem to have had atlest one strange symtom..idk...but as soon as I sat down in the observation area I seemed to get a metallic taste appear in my mouth ..thankfully it went later in the day.
    My other symtoms since getting the vaccine are ....runny nose...terrible congestion in my head...spaced out feeling (now gone) hot/cold feeling....and extremely sleepy...oh and today my arm is also very very sore/painful to lift.
    Thankfully, I haven't had headaches like I know some people have experienced. My daughter told me to drink plenty of water before I went for the vaccine and after ....maybe that's helped..

I got my vaccination yesterday. Luckily I have had totally zero of a reaction, hardly even felt the jab so good news for those waiting for a jab

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭niamh247

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

The ramp up is going well, with doses expected to increase further what is our max does anyone know? I saw mention of 450,000 a week, was that HSE saying they could do that or was it someone backing into a target figure to see what was needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

eoinbn wrote: »
    On the ecdc site Ireland seems to have received 183k Pfizer vaccines last week. If we go by the numbers from
    covid-vaccinatie.be then it would have been 157k. Nearly all of the Pfizer figures seem to be off by 20-25k. When we getting 134k they were saying 110k.
    We can expect a big increase in the second half of the quarter but it won't be 5 deliveries in excess of 300k. It will be just shy of that.

You're definitely correct.
    AZ & Moderna breakdowns on the ECDC site are the same for Ireland & Belgium (based on population we received 42.75% of what they got)
    But for Pfizer, we've received in total 1.5mil and Belgium received 2.7mil (we got 54.8% of there figure)
    Checking Sweden's Pfizer figures, and we're in line with them, so I can only imagine Belgium did not take up the full allotment of Pfizer under the agreement?

J&J figures seem a little off, but it could be just sketchy deliveries initially.
    Netherlands seems to have a higher amount than us etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

revelman wrote: »

I don't know about you, but if I'm doing the same task over and over again, I have to quite regularly wake myself up to make sure that I'm actually paying attention to what's happening and not just going through the motions.

Exhaustion, personal circumstances, etc, could all play into someone being distracted.

In this case I expect she was handed an unprepared vial and something in her brain b0rked and she just extracted a full syringe and injected it.

Very much doubt there'll be any major side effect from this. She may not need a second dose though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Wolf359f wrote: »
    You're definitely correct.
    AZ & Moderna breakdowns on the ECDC site are the same for Ireland & Belgium (based on population we received 42.75% of what they got)
    But for Pfizer, we've received in total 1.5mil and Belgium received 2.7mil (we got 54.8% of there figure)
    Checking Sweden's Pfizer figures, and we're in line with them, so I can only imagine Belgium did not take up the full allotment of Pfizer under the agreement?

J&J figures seem a little off, but it could be just sketchy deliveries initially.
    Netherlands seems to have a higher amount than us etc...

I'd imagine this is the case with Pfizer, we seem to be a good few % points ahead in supply of the 43% we should expect. Perhaps we went heavier on the purchasing of the mRNA vaccines in the initial purchasing stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

My parents are in a similar situation. Know of people younger being vaccinated in the same centre they will be going to. My dad rang to query it, just incase there was a change in criteria or something wrong with their registration. Was told appointments are computer generated and was told if they didn't hear anything 3 weeks after registering, it could be escalated. It'll be 3 weeks at the end of this week so fingers crossed they hear soon.
    Hope your uncle does too :)

Yes exactly, he rang this morning and heard the exact same thing, he'd registered over 2 weeks ago and they said if he hasn't heard anything by the end of this week to give them a call again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Anyone aged 59 in the Dublin area get an appointment yet?

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    The ramp up is going well, with doses expected to increase further what is our max does anyone know? I saw mention of 450,000 a week, was that HSE saying they could do that or was it someone backing into a target figure to see what was needed?
    Yeah, the expected maximum throughput; that is all MVCs going at full tilt, fully staffed, fully stocked, is between 400k and 500k a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭B2021M

E03_NmnXIAIKhuD?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

So for Ireland (43.49% of Belgium's pop) approx 238,642 will be delivered next week, 227,309 on the week of the 17th and 354,300 on the week of the 24th.
    On the week of the 24th there should be a huge J&J delivery too which will substantially boost that number maybe to around 450k-500k?

In the ball park of 319,038 Pfizer guaranteed every week and 37,053 Moderna from the start of June.

Do we not produce a schedule like this?

B2021M wrote: »
    Do we not produce a schedule like this?
    Not really. They did produce one at the end of March, but they're not providing regular forecasts like this.

It's for the reason same that Micheál Martin got his vaccination over the weekend instead of earlier in the rollout. In Irish politics, anything you say can and will be used against you.

They don't want to provide delivery forecasts because so far they've been scuppered by unreliable suppliers. But that wouldn't stop journalists and opposition parties from using it to attack the Govt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Russman

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0510/1218047-holohan-reopening/

Not sure if this has been posted earlier.

NIAC are in a bit of a bind really if you think about it. If they change their advice, with no new evidence and purely based on logistics, they're open to the question of why is it safe now but wasn't two weeks ago ? Obviously its way more nuanced than that but that'll be how some perceive it.
    If they stick to their guns, a different group of people will be whinging about inevitable delays etc etc.
    Kinda damned if they do, damned if they don't.

When you look at the different age groups being vaccinated in different locations at the moment, ie some doing the 58/59s in the next few days, some still doing well into the 60s, some still waiting for their text, you'd imagine this could all have been avoided by some sort of hybrid or parallel rollout, which probably wouldn't have even got much attention if it was just let happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

`
    How do you survive when you order something on line and it arrives early!!!!!!!!!!

It isn't a question of surviving, it is a question of good service. Instead of texting me 8 days after I registered to come in 2 days, they could have texted me after 7 days to come in 3 days.
    Russman wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0510/1218047-holohan-reopening/

Not sure if this has been posted earlier.

NIAC are in a bit of a bind really if you think about it. If they change their advice, with no new evidence and purely based on logistics, they're open to the question of why is it safe now but wasn't two weeks ago ? Obviously its way more nuanced than that but that'll be how some perceive it.
    If they stick to their guns, a different group of people will be whinging about inevitable delays etc etc.
    Kinda damned if they do, damned if they don't.

the Norwegian "NIAC" has indicated tpday that there should not use AZ and J&J.
    Perhaps Ireland should try and get more Pfizer or Moderna and donate the J&J to India or similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

crossman47 wrote: »
    Nobody mentioned 10 mins - it was 12 in an hour i.e. five mins which is fine.

Sorry it actually was me who put in 10 minutes and the 12 per hour. 100% my brain fart.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement