Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭secman

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    My text said date , time , venue and vaccine AZ

This

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Vaccinated30

Sorry if already discussed but a student nurse gave 1 woman 6 doses in one go. Not in Ireland. Question, when is this woman considered fully vaxxed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Sorry if already discussed but a student nurse gave 1 woman 6 doses in one go. Not in Ireland. Question, when is this woman considered fully vaxxed

She will still need a second dose at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

She now has 30G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Long story short: Sinopharm is a bit shíte

A Chinese vaccine where - last I checked - they wouldn't release full data to be verified

What could possibly go wrong?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/confidence-in-chinese-coronavirus-vaccine-falls-as-uae-covid-cases-remain-high-tj9fwz60z

Confidence in Chinese coronavirus vaccine falls as UAE Covid cases remain high

More than half of all adults in the UAE have had two jabs

The vaccination programme in the United Arab Emirates has failed to quash its coronavirus outbreak, raising fears about the efficacy of the Chinese Sinopharm vaccine it is mostly using.

The UAE has vied with Israel for having the highest proportion of the population vaccinated. More than half of all adults have had two jabs.

However, cases remain higher than they were last year.

While Dubai has come under fire for its rapid reopening — few restrictions remain, other than venue capacity limits and mandatory masks — experts believe the UAE’s widespread use of the Sinopharm vaccine could also be to blame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Apogee

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭penelope2012

The last few Thursday and Friday evenings the local Dr's have being vaccinating very random people from the area.
    Everyone is delighted to get the call.

I am planning to ring GP tomorrow I applied for vaccine at weekend got text at 3 today for tomorrow at 2 in county centre which is 30 miles away. I can’t go as I am doing oral exams with LC students tomorrow. I have to have these done by Wednesday so no way out. Met someone this evening who said GP is still vaccinating so I will try I am 56 by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Registered Users Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I am planning to ring GP tomorrow I applied for vaccine at weekend got text at 3 today for tomorrow at 2 in county centre which is 30 miles away. I can’t go as I am doing oral exams with LC students tomorrow. I have to have these done by Wednesday so no way out. Met someone this evening who said GP is still vaccinating so I will try I am 56 by the way.

Reply to the text with New and you'll get a new appointment, works twice

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Can it change the vaccine, or just give a new time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭deeperlearning

The criteria for cohort 7 is severe asthma which require the continuous or repeated use of systemic corticosteroids.

Generally speaking, inhalers are not systemic corticosteroids. Steroid tablets such as deltacortril are systemic steroids.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭irishlad.

What cohort will the 59-50 age group go under?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭franciscanpunk

Ok rang a general HSE Covid vaccine number: 01 240 8746 this morning after getting it via the Community HSE number.

Was told some GPs are doing Cohort 7 some aren't. Your options are:
    1. Try other GPs in your area
    2. Ring your consultant
    3. Wait for the government to contact you for your age based vaccination.

(Just including info here for others in similar situations).

Yeah after a GP telling someone i know the were in cohort 7 and vaccine would be GP prescribed now found out today that this GP has decided they are just doing over 70s, didnt communicate this anywhere prob didnt want any bad press. so after hours of phonecalls they are now being told to use the portal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Is it worth ringing HSE live or am I wasting my time? It appears my GP isn't referring asthmatics, while I know 3 people who are on the exact same meds as me who have been referred :confused:

Were they referred by their GP? Prob a long shot but could you swap and become a patient of that GP? Unlikely they would take new patients especially as it is just to get a vaccine but your lifelong custom might be a clincher. I’d give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭penelope2012

I did but not sure how long it takes so that is why I am going to try GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭franciscanpunk

is there a list anywhere of the 200 of 1200 practices not doing cohort 7 or a list of what GP's have decided to do what. Would make things a bit easier and also its unfair some practices have decided to opt in for some cohorts while others havent while its generally assumed all GP's are doing everything.

I think most people would agree this has gone surprisingly well to date apart from the cohort 4\7 stuff but it seems its individual GP's letting the side down here and not HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

The criteria for cohort 7 is severe asthma which require the continuous or repeated use of systemic corticosteroids.

Generally speaking, inhalers are not systemic corticosteroids. Steroid tablets such as deltacortril are systemic steroids.

The problem is some gps are taking the piss and vaxxing some people in their 30s on mild inhalers like becotide, while other genuine cases, on repeated deltacortils etc, are getting the run around.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,976 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

irishlad. wrote: »

None - they are part of the general population due to be vaccinated and are considered the healthy ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭robinbird

Did they even tell you which GP are doing it ?
    They are throwing the towel in now for cohort 7 . Help yourself cos we aint doing it for you .Disgraceful
    Oh yeah I emailed the Asthma Society. Didn't even get a reply.
    I think the least they could have done is made a representation to the government regarding the stress now a lot of cohort 7 and their families are happening. The media is full "Oh isn't it great everything is opening up", Maybe the over 70's won't be going to hospital but Cohort 7 are still in danger.
    Is it worth ringing HSE live or am I wasting my time? It appears my GP isn't referring asthmatics, while I know 3 people who are on the exact same meds as me who have been referred :confused:
    I've spoken to him directly and he said they're only referring asthmatics who've been hospitalised. Should've rephrased and said he's not not sending asthmatics, just being incredibly picky.
    They absolutely did not give a solution
    Find another GP ? Are they actually kidding ? Its like finding a needle in a haystack
    Wait for the clinic ? What clinic ? Many Cohort 7 dont attend clinics
    Wait for your turn online ? What if he is 20 years old ?

No they gave no workable solution at all they dont give a toss about cohort 7 as long as the vaccination numbers look good
    Exactly , no workable solution was offered
    ( ps . I am a she !!! )
    I would have expected that anyone with any respiratory condition whatsoever would have been referred fairly promptly. It is a respiratory disease after all.
    Wolf359f wrote: »
    people who have certain conditions (without being treated by an outpatient clinic) and whose GP are not going to be doing cohort 7, seem to be left in limbo.
    You're going to be told "nothing to see here" given the attitude of some folks here.
    ShineOn7 wrote: »
    They need to fix this, a grand total of 8 people were vaccinated in Cohort 7 today

Meanwhile you can feel an atmosphere of "everything is back to normal so let's drop our guard" coming over the country

348,000 high risk people are supposed to do what in the middle of this?

Cocoon indefinitely until the shambles is sorted out?
    Turtwig wrote: »
    This is more than reasonable.
    Intuitively you would assume that anyone with Asthma would be vulnerable to COVID. They are for influenza. However COVID is different.,, if you're not on oral steroids or biologics you're not in cohort 4 or cohort 7 unless there's another reason for the clinician to consider.

Having asthma alone doesn't prioritise the delay of a vaccine to an older age group. The older age demographic is considered the higher risk.

Generally speaking, inhalers are not systemic corticosteroids.

All the worked up mild asthmatics need to stop with the righteous indignation.
    Using an inhaler you bought in a shop does not entitle you to jump the queue.
    You need to be getting specific medication to qualify for Cohort 7. Age is a greater risk factor so you will just have to wait your turn in this age based rollout.
    Or else find a GP that will add you to the 250,000 that have already got a Cohort 4 referral, many for the asthma.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭JPA

blobert wrote: »
    Does anyone know at what point you find out what vaccine you're getting if you're attending MVC?

Are you told in advance by text or only on the day when you register in person?

Thanks

What age are you? Will narrow it down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

robinbird wrote: »
    All the worked up mild asthmatics need to stop with the righteous indignation.
    Using an inhaler you bought in a shop does not entitle you to jump the queue.
    You need to be getting specific medication to qualify for Cohort 7. Age is a greater risk factor so you will just have to wait your turn in this age based rollout.
    Or else find a GP that will add you to the 250,000 that have already got a Cohort 4 referral, many for the asthma.

I do not have asthma, so I wouldn't comment on it as I wouldn't know how being on certain medication would indicate how severe their asthma.
    Look at the cohort 7 figures, look at the illnesses listed there, there's **** all done. These are people at high risk and healthy 50 year olds are being done before them.

Strazdas wrote: »
    None - they are part of the general population due to be vaccinated and are considered the healthy ones.

The HSE vaccine dashboard still has 14 cohorts listed, so it would be nice if they kept them broken down into different age groups for transparency at least.

I also noticed nearly all of the ~140 J&J jabs were assigned to cohort 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,976 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The HSE vaccine dashboard still has 14 cohorts listed, so it would be nice if they kept them broken down into different age groups for transparency at least.

I also noticed nearly all of the ~140 J&J jabs were assigned to cohort 1.

The version I'm looking at lists only seven and seems to imply that the rest of the population doesn't belong to any cohort.

The version I'm looking at lists only seven and seems to imply that the rest of the population doesn't belong to any cohort.

I mean the PDF that's downloaded from the HSE site.
    That's from their internal dashboard I guess.

I do not have asthma, so I wouldn't comment on it as I wouldn't know how being on certain medication would indicate how severe their asthma.
    Look at the cohort 7 figures, look at the illnesses listed there, there's **** all done. These are people at high risk and healthy 50 year olds are being done before them.

Cohort 4 and Cohort 7 have been used interchangeably. So most of those that have Cohort 7 criteria have already been referred as part of the 250,000 Cohort 4 referrals. Most of those who have been complaining in this thread about not being allowed skip the queue are self diagnosed mild asthmatics that do not meet the Cohort 7 criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭political analyst

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0510/1219641-covid19-ireland/
    .... over 1.8 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines were administered by the Health Service Executive up to last Saturday, 8 May.

So far, almost half a million people have been fully vaccinated.

Why is the exact number of people fully vaccinated so far not yet available?

irishlad. wrote: »

Thought this strange as well. The 60-69s have their own cohort so doesn't make sense that the 50-59 group don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Cohort 4 and Cohort 7 have been used interchangeably. So most of those that have Cohort 7 criteria have already been referred as part of the 250,000 Cohort 4 referrals. Most of those who have been complaining in this thread about not being allowed skip the queue are self diagnosed mild asthmatics that do not meet the Cohort 7 criteria.
    Would love to hear how self-diagnosed people get access to high dose medications.

There's 350,000 in cohort 7, 250,000 in cohort 4. In total only 260,000 have been done between the 2. So I don't see how most of the 350,000 in cohort 7 have been referred to as cohort 4. Figures simple don't add up.

• Advertisement

Why is the exact number of people fully vaccinated so far not yet available?

It is 499,789 up till last saturday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement