Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Care to address what you feel is nonsense?

I'll answer that one

All of it

• Registered Users Posts: 13 iheartpooner

scooby77 wrote: »
    I had read that a move to extend 2nd dose of Pfizer to 6 weeks ( or longer) was up for discussion at today's cabinet. Cant find any updates...anyone any insight?

The Independent had an article on it but have since rewritten the article with a footnote that they had their information wrong. My account is too new to share links

scooby77 wrote: »
    I had read that a move to extend 2nd dose of Pfizer to 6 weeks ( or longer) was up for discussion at today's cabinet. Cant find any updates...anyone any insight?

Heard Fergal Bowers on the news earlier saying it wasn't up for review.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Heard Fergal Bowers on the news earlier saying it wasn't up for review.

Does anyone know why? Is NIAC still pointing to the manufacturer’s guidance based on the trial data? There is so much real world data now that says a first dose of the vaccines is almost 90% effective. The U.K., Canada etc all moved to significantly lengthen the interval between doses. In my opinion, NIAC are being unjustifiably cautious. Having a bigger space between the doses would speed up things significantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Got my first dose (AstraZeneca) at the Aviva late this afternoon. Excellent set up they have there, flying through the appointments and super efficient. Got vaccinated within 30 minutes of showing up at the main entrance. Everyone there today looked my age, so it looks like they are literally doing one year at a time (which means if you are 35 or 46 or whatever, expect to see hundreds of 35 or 46 year olds on the same day whenever your time comes).

Six day turnaround between registering on the portal and being vaccinated, that's very good going.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I'm hearing from family members that more GPs are telling Cohort 7 patients to go to the HSE portal and wait till their age comes up or to try another GP

What happens if they decide to take their chances on the portal and get Janssen, when people in Cohort 7 are in fact largely supposed to get Pfizer

Today's updated figures

Vaccination Numbers - Up to Sunday 9th May
    • Total doses: 1,848,747 (+21,137)
    • First dose: 1,347,561 (+19,740)
    • Second dose: 501,186 (+1,397)
    • Fully vaccinated (Second +J&J): 501,351 (+1,422)
    Vaccine Type
    • Pfizer: 1,247,493 (+3,731) - 18% of total
    • Moderna: 89,399 (+267) - 1% of total
    • AZ: 511,690 (+17,114) - 81% of total
    • Janssen: 165 (+25) - 0.1% of total
    Cohort Breakdown

Cohort 1 (Residents aged 65+ in LTCF)
    • Total in group: ~105,000
    • Total vaccines: 195,830 (+62)
    • Total with first vaccine: 110,970 (+56)
    • Total with second vaccine: 84,860 (+6)
    • 106% of total half vaccinated (+0%)
    • 81% of total fully vaccinated (+0%)
    Cohort 2 (Frontline Healthcare Workers)
    • Total in group: ~250,000
    • Total vaccines: 357,523(+357)
    • Total with first vaccine: 259,792 (+282)
    • Total with second vaccine: 97,731 (+75)
    • 104% of total half vaccinated (+0%)
    • 39% of total fully vaccinated (+0%)
    Cohort 3 (People 70+)
    • Total in group: 482,327
    • Total vaccines: 767,789 (+1,541)
    • Total with first vaccine: 459,133 (+375)
    • Total with second vaccine: 308,676 (+1,166)
    • 95% of total half vaccinated (+0%)
    • 64% of total fully vaccinated (+0%)
    Cohort 4 (People aged 16-69 and at very high risk of severe Covid-19)
    • Total in group: ~250,000
    • Total vaccines: 268,030 (+2,339)
    • Total with first vaccine: 258,244 (+2,193)
    • Total with second vaccine: 9,786 (+146)
    • 103% of total half vaccinated (+1%)
    • 3.9% of total fully vaccinated (+0%)
    Cohort 5 (All aged 60-69)
    • Total in group: 417,000
    • Total vaccines: 253,722 (+16,267)
    • Total with first vaccine: 253,642 (+16,262)
    • Total with second vaccine: 80 (+5)
    • 61% of total half vaccinated (+4%)
    • 0% of total fully vaccinated
    Cohort 7 (People aged 16-69 who have an underlying conditions that puts them at high risk of severe disease and death)
    • Total in group: ~350,000
    • Total vaccines: 2,785 (+12)
    • Total with first vaccine: 2,782 (+12)
    • Total with second vaccine: 3 (+0)
    • 0.8% of total half vaccinated (+0%)
    • 0% of total fully vaccinated (+0%)
    Other "Uncoded" Cohort
    • Total: 3,068
    • First Dose: 3,018
    • Second Dose: 50
    (Majority of these in "Uncoded" will be assigned to the correct Cohort in tomorrow's numbers)

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Evil_g

ShineOn7 wrote: »

What happens if they decide to take their chances on the portal and get Janssen, when people in Cohort 7 are in fact largely supposed to get Pfizer

Nothing. Nothing happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

In France all over 18s can now book an appointment the night before for any free slots that haven’t been booked for the following day.

A really good idea IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wtd2008

Anyone give a guestimate when 48 yr olds might be realistically vaccinated?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,128 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

wtd2008 wrote: »
    Thanks
    Last week in May/first week in June, hopefully.

• Advertisement

revelman wrote: »
    Does anyone know why? Is NIAC still pointing to the manufacturer’s guidance based on the trial data? There is so much real world data now that says a first dose of the vaccines is almost 90% effective. The U.K., Canada etc all moved to significantly lengthen the interval between doses. In my opinion, NIAC are being unjustifiably cautious. Having a bigger space between the doses would speed up things significantly.

I think the question was asked a few weeks ago so presumably they would expect the same answer.

I agree, even a small change to 6 weeks instead of 4 would help, and it's within the manufacturer's guidelines. I find it strange that they haven't allowed that at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

I'm hearing from family members that more GPs are telling Cohort 7 patients to go to the HSE portal and wait till their age comes up or to try another GP

The most at risk would be those with certain autoimmune conditions or taking certain immune suppressants. Some would not make or make very little antibodies, so having the highest efficiency or highest antibody response vaccine would be extremely important. At least going through a GP, they can choose or refer you for the most appropriate vaccine, where the MVC is what's ever on the menu that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Thanks

Who knows? But if I was to guess I’d say that you might be able to register from the middle of next week and you might get a vaccination before the end of the month. That is if things are going well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

Thanks

If you live in Louth Id guess October 2022

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭embraer170

Today's updated figures

Cohort 7 (People aged 16-69 who have an underlying conditions that puts them at high risk of severe disease and death)
    • Total in group: ~350,000
    • Total vaccines: 2,785 (+12)
    • Total with first vaccine: 2,782 (+12)
    • Total with second vaccine: 3 (+0)
    • 0.8% of total half vaccinated (+0%)
    • 0% of total fully vaccinated (+0%)

Quite shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

USA holding up the show again, this time Curevac. EU need to redirect some of their ire held for AZ to the USA.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/curevac-says-mass-vaccine-rollout-thrown-into-doubt-by-us-restrictions-2021-05-04

Thanks

At the pace they are going at the moment, it could easily before the end of this month. Wouldn't be a surprise if they throw open the portal for you early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,962 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    In France all over 18s can now book an appointment the night before for any free slots that haven’t been booked for the following day.

A really good idea IMO.

I'm just waiting for...
    1) the site to collapse under the massive amount of people logging on to book a spot.
    2) people to code bots to snatch up all those empty spots like console/PC component scalpers. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

eoinbn wrote: »
    There is a lot of flawed logic in that.

Not all over 60s are done.
    Not all age groups are the same size - they keep getting bigger until the 20s.

Your end result for 50s and 40s probably isn't that far off. It could take longer for the 30s and 20s.

Bizarrely 40s are biggest age group....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Tyrone212 wrote: »

A really good idea IMO.

Sounds a bit chaotic to me. Potentially up to 30 million odd people logging on to fight over a few free slots online?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Sounds a bit chaotic to me. Potentially up to 30 million odd people logging on to fight over a few free slots online?

Be interesting to see how it works and if vaccine hesitancy is going to be an issue in France.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Strazdas wrote: »
    Got my first dose (AstraZeneca) at the Aviva late this afternoon. Excellent set up they have there, flying through the appointments and super efficient. Got vaccinated within 30 minutes of showing up at the main entrance. Everyone there today looked my age, so it looks like they are literally doing one year at a time (which means if you are 35 or 46 or whatever, expect to see hundreds of 35 or 46 year olds on the same day whenever your time comes).

Six day turnaround between registering on the portal and being vaccinated, that's very good going.

I had the same experience but at CityWest and Pfizer. Very impressed.

The mens hair grooming stall was very quiet:pac:

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    I had the same experience but at CityWest and Pfizer. Very impressed.

The mens hair grooming stall was very quiet:pac:

Yes, the queues hardly stop moving for even a moment. Looks like it's all going like clockwork, they're doing a great job. Also, means people are leaving the place with a spring in their step having not being messed around.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Voguementol

Anyone get Pfizer in the Avia this week or is it all astra this past week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Apogee

RT&#201 wrote: »
    Analysis conducted by Prime Time in early April indicated that the vaccine roll-out was two-and-half weeks off track. Despite weeks of disruption and upheaval, the roll-out appears to have partially caught up: it is now only about 10 to 12 days behind where it needs to be.

Analysis: Ireland's vaccine roll-out set to hit key milestone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

So I know two 58 year olds, that both got their texts today, having registered whatever day the 58 yr old day was.

One northside, one southside, 1 Aviva Pfizer, 1 Helix Pfizer, both getting jab on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Evil_g wrote: »
    Nothing. Nothing happens.

I was asking rhetorically

If they're in Cohort 7 they're possibly getting a vaccination not suited to their condition if they're waved off to the HSE portal by GPs

The doc told me it was all AZ at the Aviva today anyway.

Perhaps though they switch it up from day to day?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭lastusername

I'll answer that one

All of it

So you lack the ability to respond to critical thinking. That's cool :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lmkrnr

Its going well, in fairness the last few weeks its starting to gather momentum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement