Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I'm due the second dose of pfizer soon (Monday will be the 28th day) but have heard nothing off the hse. Getting a bit nervous now.
    Contact the helpline. Other posters seem to have shown up on that day at the same time as their first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

is_that_so wrote: »
    Contact the helpline. Other posters seem to have shown up on that day at the same time as their first one.

That was what I was told at my GP too, just turn up a month later at the same time. Got my first on 29th April and my second will be 28th of this month.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Pandiculation

I’m guessing NIAC won’t publish advice until next week at this stage? Seems to be aiming to coincide with the next vaccination age bracket being launched.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

And it'll be announced again in a few weeks as people are not paying attention!

It was in the news today.You don’t know peoples circumstances, i for one have been very busy and can’t be on forums all day long and reading the news, but if it makes you happy shall i delete the post?:rolleyes:

Micky 32 wrote: »
    It was in the news today.You don’t know peoples circumstances, i for one have been very busy and can’t be on forums all day long and reading the news, but if it makes you happy shall i delete the post?:rolleyes:
    Well this fit of pique suggests you should spend less time reading forums! Whatever gave you the impression I was talking about you anyway? People forget things and need to be reminded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Well this fit of pique suggests you should spend less time reading forums! Whatever gave you the impression I was talking about you anyway? People forget things and need to be reminded.

You replied to a reply of my post so obviously it was aimed at me. Nah i don’t need to spend less time on the forums but thank you for your expert analysis on what i should do.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    You replied to a reply of my post so obviously it was aimed at me. Nah i don’t need to spend less time on the forums but thank you for your expert analysis on what i should do.
    No, I just replied to a post I wanted to comment on. I have no idea what it was linked to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,351 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

ddarcy wrote: »
    On that Stephen Donnelly said yesterday on Pat Kenny that for travel purposes they are having to go by the manufacturers recommendations for fully vaccinated. So for travel you need the two doses and associated period after (Pfizer, AZ, Moderna) or the one for J&J. He did say they were working with Europe on that though in regards to AZ… Also mentioned working with the US/Canada on a vaccine passport QR code too.

So as it stands officially you’re waiting at least 14 weeks from first dose to travel if you get AZ (might be some country exceptions in there, but if put on MHQ while you’re gone, you’re screwed).

Or you get a PCR test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

As per HSE website group 7 can also sign up via portal when their age group comes https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/rollout/

But won't Cohort 7 be offered whatever their age group is being offered if they do it this way? Versus what their condition in Cohort 7 should be offered?

Not having a pop at you Stephen

I just think GPs telling Cohort 7s to wait till their age group comes up on the portal isn't viable

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    But won't Cohort 7 be offered whatever their age group is being offered if they do it this way? Versus what their condition in Cohort 7 should be offered?

I just think GPs telling Cohort 7s to wait till their age group comes up on the portal isn't viable

Yeh its all very fine if you are next in line to register but there are teenagers and young 20 year olds in Cohort 4 and 7 who could be waiting a long time for their turn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

What do you mean what their condition should be offered?

I know people in cohort 7 that have gotten AZ & Pfizer, both from different GPs. There's nothing set in stone with regards to what they get. It's whatever is approved for the age and whatever is available.

GPs aren't telling them to wait, they can wait if they want and see which way is quicker, portal or GP but the GP can now refer them on to a MVC instead which will speed things up.

They've also been coded wrong in the stats, Cohort 7 is much larger than it should be so there's absolutely people from 4 being marked in as 7.

System isn't perfect but if we wanted perfect we'd be complaining when things slowed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,719 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

There is no difference in what they are offered from a medical point of view. The only difference will be that GP's are generally doing Pfizer, but there is no medical reason that is used other than that is what the GP has, if the GP had AZ or Moderna, they would get that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I know people in cohort 7 that have gotten AZ & Pfizer, both from different GPs. There's nothing set in stone with regards to what they get. It's whatever is approved for the age and whatever is available.

I don't think this part is true. Certain conditions in Cohort 7 aren't suited to AZ

Or at least that's what I've been hearing and reading elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

I don't think this part is true. Certain conditions in Cohort 7 aren't suited to AZ

Or at least that's what I've been hearing and reading elsewhere

I’m not an expert though I have read a lot on the vaccines. I have not come across any information that any of the approved vaccines are unsuitable for people with certain conditions. I know people with very serious underlying conditions who were vaccinated with AZ a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I don’t understand why cohort 4 and 7 could not have been via a portal and done in MVC’s ? It would definitely be quicker than the GPs
    Or at very least let the GPs give a list to a pharmacy and let pharmacists help with 4 and 7
    The delay has caused hurt and upset to so many ill people

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

JTMan wrote: »

Some good news. Wonder what the reaction will be from the ECDC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Some good news. Wonder what the reaction will be from the ECDC.

Guess easier to do in US as vaccination rate fairly even across the country but hopefully Europe isn't too far behind at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Flying Fox wrote: »
    I think it's now "by the weekend".

I wonder how NIAC members feel about the kind of comments being made over the last few days. Seems like government leaning on them to do what's convenient, which is not appropriate.

Well the Government are following the NPHET model then.

If the GP is doing groups 4 & 7 they just wait to be called by GP. If the GP isn't doing the group a system is being put in place for GP to refer on patients in ether category for a vaccine which will be administered at a MVC.

As per HSE website group 7 can also sign up via portal when their age group comes https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/rollout/

People aged 16 to 59 at high risk
    GPs will vaccinate people aged 59 and under in this group. It will take some time for GPs to identify and invite everyone.

How you will get your vaccine
    GPs will contact many of their patients when it’s their turn to be vaccinated.

You can also register online for your vaccine when your age group is being called for vaccination.

This bit annoys me, they've had literally half a year since efficacy results to start the at risk identification process but shunted it entirely to GPs and are putting it all on them. The HSE have plenty of records/tools/files to identify at risk but barely bothered.

The whole "but you can register when you're age group comes up" bit too is frustrating. The point of priority groups is in the bin if you end up relying solely on an age based rollout.

Anyway hopefully we'll have enough vaccines available that this doesn't make a huge difference, but if things don't change in the HSE after all this, they never will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭VG31

JTMan wrote: »

Excellent news, hopefully we're not too far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Marcusm wrote: »
    Or you get a PCR test.

Well if you want to pony up the 300 euro to get the tests then fine. Still won’t stop you going into MHQ, when with other vaccines you can quantitative from home. You’ll need to wait the 14-18 weeks after first dose instead of 2-6.

But I’m sure anyone stuck with AZ would demand that the government gives the PCR free / gives payments back to cover as they were unlucky enough to be given AZ. I somehow think the government won’t be doing this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Am I missing something? PCR tests are free?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Turtwig wrote: »
    Am I missing something? PCR tests are free?

If you want a PCR for travel purposes you need to get a private PCR which is expensive.

I suppose if you are lucky enough to live near a walk in centre it might be free. That said the HSE might not issue evidence of test appropriate for entry to other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Cohort 7 here (30).

Still waiting to hear back from GP about any update in regards to my vaccine. Online portal would have been ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

In relation to vaccine stocks, and likelyhood of vaccine type that people will receive in the coming days. Am I right in saying, using the figures posted today and on the Govt. website in relation to vaccine deliveries that we are at a point where (ignoring Moderna as mostly held back, and J&J):

We have about 243,000 Pfizers left of what has been delivered to date;
    We only have about 12,000 AZ left of what has been delivered to date.

Of course, deliveries may be imminent of both, but right now - are they really only left with Pfizer mainly to offer? (Noting that they gave over 20k AZ today, but that brought their stocks to 12k)

552934.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

[HTML][/HTML]
    In relation to vaccine stocks, and likelyhood of vaccine type that people will receive in the coming days. Am I right in saying, using the figures posted today and on the Govt. website in relation to vaccine deliveries that we are at a point where (ignoring Moderna as mostly held back, and J&J):

Of course, deliveries may be imminent of both, but right now - are they really only left with Pfizer mainly to offer? (Noting that they gave over 20k AZ today, but that brought their stocks to 12k)

552934.png

The last deliveries included on that chart came in on the 9th of May which was Sunday. I would hope (and I believe that it may be true) that more AZ was delivered on Monday or Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

552934.png

Belgium vaccine deliveries are here:

https://covid-vaccinatie.be/en/doses-delivered

We should be getting about 43% of what Belgium get . So we should have had an AZ delivery of 30,000 doses or so on Tuesday, and a Pfizer delivery of 160,000 doses on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Belgium vaccine deliveries are here:

https://covid-vaccinatie.be/en/doses-delivered

We should be getting about 43% of what Belgium get . So we should have had an AZ delivery of 30,000 doses or so on Tuesday, and a Pfizer delivery of 160,000 doses on Monday.

Thanks. So the odds are still very much stacked in favour of Pfizer still, in terms of upcoming appointments for the 50-60 age group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Thanks. So the odds are still very much stacked in favour of Pfizer still, in terms of upcoming appointments for the 50-60 age group.

Yes it looks like it at the moment. But someone on here posted that Germany are expecting a large AZ delivery next week, so that could change things again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement