Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My mothers was at 11:20, We arrived a little early and she was told to join the queue 5 minutes before hand.
    She joined the queue at 11:15 and she got out at 13:17.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Skygord

Gael23 wrote: »
    Has anyone here got a vaccine through their GP?

Mine didn’t give me an appointment for the second one but said I’d be contacted nearer the time. Is this correct?

Mine gave me Pfizer and said come back in exactly 4 weeks, same time, same place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Caquas

My mothers was at 11:20, We arrived a little early and she was told to join the queue 5 minutes before hand.
    She joined the queue at 11:15 and she got out at 13:17.

I'm really sorry to hear that. It is simply scandalous to give someone - particularly an older woman - an appointment at 11.20 and then leave her in a queue for two hours!

This wasn't the New Year Sale or U2's latest album. Everyone else in the queue had been given an appointment for that day by the HSE. And this problem has been repeated for weeks now.

To get a sense of the scale of this problem, multiple your mother's experience by the hundreds of people in that queue with her and then multiple that by the number of days when similar queues are created by the HSE. I would estimate the cost in time lost to be in the tens of millions. But the HSE has zero regard for its patients' time.

It doesn't take hackers to make a mess out of the HSE systems!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Portal opens for people in their 40s next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Is there not a logic just to keep getting people registered.

Can then have an idea of doses required in centres for the weeks in advance and plan accordingly.

I'd have no problem registering and waiting a few weeks once I know I am in the system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Is the registration website affected by the cyber attack?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭mossie

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Is the registration website affected by the cyber attack?

No

Caquas wrote: »
    I'm really sorry to hear that. It is simply scandalous to give someone - particularly an older woman - an appointment at 11.20 and then leave her in a queue for two hours!

Well she's 59 and there was chairs floating about for those stuck.
    She got in out of the rain tough. They were leaving extra people inside but a man kicked up a fuss and they had to stop doing it.
    She even ran into people she went to school with.
    Everybody else I heard of getting vaccinated there tough had no issues at all.

1.5hr delay in Mallow today. Relation went in at 2pm and didnt get seen till 3.30pm. Wasn't like that during the week where everything went smoothly.

1.5hr delay in Mallow today. Relation went in at 2pm and didnt get seen till 3.30pm. Wasn't like that during the week where everything went smoothly.

Mallow was our center to!

A few people had people with them waiting in there cars and when they went to start there cars they had a flat battery from radio's/etc.

• Advertisement

Mallow was our center to!

A few people had people with them waiting in there cars and when they went to start there cars they had a flat battery from radio's/etc.
    Good few people in wheelchairs aswell. Waiting over 90 minutes isn't good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Pandiculation

Worth bringing an umbrella seat and a kindle ?

I’d say it’ll be a long while before I’m registering though.

I'm going there on Monday, hopefully won't be too busy. Friend was there on Friday and took 30 minutes start to finish.

mossie wrote: »
    I'm going there on Monday, hopefully won't be too busy. Friend was there on Friday and took 30 minutes start to finish.

Everybody I heard of getting it there were generally 30 minutes.

They were saying it's slower to give out the Pfizer one.

They had ten people giving vaccines.

They seem to be focusing on the 59 year old's Today there. The remaining 60's year old who were meant to go there have being sent to Cork/Waterford.

They seem to be focusing on the 59 year old's Today there. The remaining 60's year old who were meant to go there have being sent to Cork/Waterford.

Yeah my 60+ colleague is going to PUC tomorrow even though she lives 5 minutes from Mallow GAA. I'm 56 only registered 8 days ago so was very surprised to get called this soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,855 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Why would it be any slower to give Pfizer????

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Why would it be any slower to give Pfizer????

Haven't a clue I was hoping somebody here might!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Good few people in wheelchairs aswell. Waiting over 90 minutes isn't good enough.

First world problems. My wife was queuing 2 hours in the Aviva on Wednesday and was delighted just to have got the vaccination (1.5/2 hours is standard queue in the Aviva apparently). I think those administering the vaccine are doing a brilliant job.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭noplacehere

eigrod wrote: »
    First world problems. My wife was queuing 2 hours in the Aviva on Wednesday and was delighted just to have got the vaccination (1.5/2 hours is standard queue in the Aviva apparently). I think those administering the vaccine are doing a brilliant job.

It’s one shot and a 15 minute wait. Standard time of 1.5-2hrs is absolutely insane. Either their bookings are incorrect or their queue management is incorrect.

Everyone is happy to get their shot and I doubt people are leaving the queue but they are perfectly entitled to think it’s a ridiculous length

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭VG31

1.5-2 hours is ridiculous IMO. What's the point of giving people a appointment time? They might as well just say turn up at any time on this date.

If people are arriving too early they shouldn't be let in until it's their time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

VG31 wrote: »
    1.5-2 hours is ridiculous IMO. What's the point of giving people a appointment time? They might as well just say turn up at any time on this date.

If people are arriving too early they shouldn't be let in until it's their time.

The problem is those people join the queue early and by the time they enter, it's their time, justifying their belief to arrive early!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭secman

"It’s one shot and a 15 minute wait. Standard time of 1.5-2hrs is absolutely insane. Either their bookings are incorrect or their queue management is incorrect"

The Mass Vaccine Centres are dealing with a couple of thousand people every day, staffed by a lot of volunteers, get a life , 2 hours out of your life to get a free vaccine, they are doing a 12 hour shift ! Thankfully people like you are in the minority, i thanked every volunteer i encountered on my Vaccine appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

2 hours standing in a queue sounds a lot for someone who might be old/have health conditions.

secman wrote: »
    "It’s one shot and a 15 minute wait. Standard time of 1.5-2hrs is absolutely insane. Either their bookings are incorrect or their queue management is incorrect"

The Mass Vaccine Centres are dealing with a couple of thousand people every day, staffed by a lot of volunteers, get a life , 2 hours out of your life to get a free vaccine, they are doing a 12 hour shift ! Thankfully people like you are in the minority, i thanked every volunteer i encountered on my Vaccine appointment.

It's not ideal to have older people having to stand in line for hours to get a vaccine. Especially when it could be avoided with a bit of proper organisation.

Strawman arguement- of course everyone is delighted to receive a vaccine. If you seen some people in wheelchairs waiting in rain for a length of time you might think different. It's vulnerable people waiting is an issue, it can't be that difficult to sort out timeslots within +-15 mins, it's simply poor organisation. BTW we are last in Western Europe in administrating vaccines per capita so not sure why you are so delighted with the progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

VG31 wrote: »

I’ve no idea how they are operating at the Aviva but I have heard that at the Limerick MVC, if you are too early you are re routed away from the centre by the stewards, anyone I’ve talked to is very impressed by the efficiency of the operation there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭secman

Stark wrote: »
    2 hours standing in a queue sounds a lot for someone who might be old/have health conditions.

The older people and vulnerable were dealt with in their GP surgery, myself, wife had ours on seperate days in Citywest, i also brought my brother to the Aviva for his, so I've had 3 waiting times but it was worth it. None of us saw people flaking out, collapsing, nor did we come across whingers. All 3 of us felt the time passed quickly, the 15min wait felt the longest part.
    Wife is 65, im almost 64, brother almost 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Portal opens for people in their 40s next week.

I can't find this reported anywhere.

Where did you see this?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭franciscanpunk

Skygord wrote: »
    OK - swabs 5 million, positivity zero, cases 0, hospitalisations 0, ICU 0, vaccination 2nd doses 100% of population :-)

I know it's strange not seeing the data, for those of us obsessively looking. maybe it'll help us break the habit?

Cases are always lower on weekends of ransomware attacks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Stark wrote: »
    You can contact them beforehand if you fall into that category.
    I know someone who did it and they were wheeled through in a wheelchair without joining queue

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement