Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

secman wrote: »
    Wife : Citywest 70 min, late evening
    Me: Citywest 50 min, early morning
    Brother: Aviva 70 min, late evening

Me: Citywest 30 mins
    Dad: Citywest 45 mins
    Mother in Law: Citywest 60 mins (she was early for her appt)
    Father in Law: Citywest 50 mins

I and a lot of work colleagues were done in Citywest in March, 30 mins was around the norm. The other 3 in my family were all done in the last 10 days and none over the hour mark. I think that's pretty good given the volume going through them.

Aviva has problems, that needs to be rectified but Citywest was fantastic in my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭snotboogie

You relaise that chart hasn't been updated since the 11th for Ireland right?

So your basing a claim on data that's now 5/6 days old.

Ireland hasn't been updated on that chart in 5 or 6 days and probably won't for another few days, starts to fall down the list because data hasn't and can't be reported and people start to complain... couldn't make it up.

Let's see your maths for 650k vaccines in storage at this moment so(hint - it'll be difficult to get an accurate answer given the lack of recent reporting)

Will gladly revisit the subject with you when all the numbers come in for the last few days and next few days.

I've been posting daily updates every weekday for the EU in this thread including the dates of when the numbers were reported. Ireland have been last in Western Europe every day this month apart from one. We're consistantly between 17th and 19th out of the 28 EU countries not using Chinese or Russian vaccines.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

My dad was 30 minutes in Limerick. I didn't take my mum but she was about the same. The stewards are pretty strict though and ask for your appointment time before letting you into the car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

duffman13 wrote: »
    Me: Citywest 30 mins
    Dad: Citywest 45 mins
    Mother in Law: Citywest 60 mins (she was early for her appt)
    Father in Law: Citywest 50 mins

I and a lot of work colleagues were done in Citywest in March, 30 mins was around the norm. The other 3 in my family were all done in the last 10 days and none over the hour mark. I think that's pretty good given the volume going through them.

Aviva has problems, that needs to be rectified but Citywest was fantastic in my experience

Has anyone seen anthing in the media about the Aviva issues? Are they trying to sort them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Has anyone seen anthing in the media about the Aviva issues? Are they trying to sort them.

If they move it to the IRFU side of the stadium it will be grand. Using the FAI side was always going to be problematic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

snotboogie wrote: »
    I've been posting daily updates every weekday for the EU in this thread including the dates of when the numbers were reported. Ireland have been last in Western Europe every day this month apart from one. We're consistantly between 17th and 19th out of the 28 EU countries not using Chinese or Russian vaccines.
    People fall for that 95% used within a week.
    We were at 75% used with deliveries up to 14th May, to get to 95% used, that would be 514k doses used from 11th May (last reporting date) and the 21st May. Average of 51k a day.
    Previous to this, our 7 day rolling average is 38k. If they manage that, that's impressive. Puts us well over 1% a day rolling average.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,086 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Since the AZ stocks were largely used up I've relaxed about what's in the fridges.

I think the HSE are being a bit smart about how they're using the stocks, even if they're not taking about it much.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I dunno, seems like an awful lot of Pfizer was given out to over 50s this week. On the plus side, they seem to be relaxing the cohort 7 criteria a little and bringing under-50s up the queue that way. Have a friend with mild asthma who got a vaccine yesterday. What I don't get is cohort 7 is higher on the published priority list than cohort 9 so they could have said that cohort 9 was paused waiting on adenovirus stocks while they focused on cohort 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Interesting reports from Germany of queue skipping amongst people who those who wish to avail of fewer restrictions for those vaccinated.

Once vaccinated- people in Germany are not obliged to stick to, curfews, contact restrictions and most quarantine rules

Misrepresentation and pushing to the front of a line for a Covid vaccine when you’re ineligible is not currently classed as an offence by authorities.

https://www.thelocal.de/20210511/the-mood-is-getting-more-aggressive-thousands-of-people-in-germany-caught-skipping-line-for-covid-vaccine/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-germany/german-vaccine-seekers-getting-aggressive-doctors-say-idUKKBN2CT0SW?edition-redirect=uk

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Wolf359f wrote: »
    People fall for that 95% used within a week.
    We were at 75% used with deliveries up to 14th May, to get to 95% used, that would be 514k doses used from 11th May (last reporting date) and the 21st May. Average of 51k a day.
    Previous to this, our 7 day rolling average is 38k. If they manage that, that's impressive. Puts us well over 1% a day rolling average.
    Is that not 95% of what we can give out? Moderna is always going to have a pile on hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭robinbird

https://covid19.shanehastings.eu/vaccines/

We are not close to European average if look at Western Europe which should be our peers - we are at Eastern Europe levels. At this early stage we are falling significantly behind many countries in Western Europe.
    Lumen wrote: »
    Since the AZ stocks were largely used up I've relaxed about what's in the fridges.

I think the HSE are being a bit smart about how they're using the stocks, even if they're not taking about it much.

That's possible. Hard to know if this is due to incompetence or instead a clever strategy.

On the one hand we are dead last in western europe in terms of rollout with the same pro rata deliveries. We have a very large amount sitting in fridges unused. The figures quoted earlier for Moderna are a perfect indication. While other EU countries have been using their deliveries we have been putting ours in fridges.

On the other hand though we have very successfully managed the AZ deliveries in that we have used nearly all of it even though there are restrictions on who it can be used on. On this stage we can forget about it and just use Junes deliveries for second doses.

Pfizer has been held back and not used for weeks because we were waiting for J& J deliveries so we could use them on over 40s after they realised that they would be delivered too late for over 50s.
    Giving Pfizer to 30s while waiting for AZ and J&J for 40s and 50s would not have been politically feasible.

If we can ramp up vaccinations to around 400k a week for the next few weeks we will get through a lot of the Pfizer that have been held back so it may turn out be then to have been a risky but clever way of doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

If they move it to the IRFU side of the stadium it will be grand. Using the FAI side was always going to be problematic.

Yes, that way they can vaccinate "the right sort" of people. I believe its called the Beacon Model.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

I hope this criminal gang is not trying to play “hardball” by targeting the vaccination programme.

Cyber attack on Dept of Health now

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2021/0516/1221933-dept-of-health/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

revelman wrote: »
    I hope this criminal gang is not trying to play “hardball” by targeting the vaccination programme.

DOH have nothing to do with the vaccine programme, that’s all HSE so should be no impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

revelman wrote: »

That's exactly what they're doing, no point targeting health services if there's no pandemic... And we're not the first to be targeted, the NHS were hit last week but managed to contain it to like one single hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I'm getting my next jab on the 5th of June.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If they have underlying conditions then get them to make contact with their gp and get advise from them.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Is that not 95% of what we can give out? Moderna is always going to have a pile on hand.

It's a grey area in regard to the 95% figure.
    They say 95% of what gets delivered into the country gets used within 7 days. Clearly that's not true.
    Even if it was, it's like that 5% gets held back and the following week another 5% held back and so on.

On Moderna, there is absolutely no need to be holding back the volume we have. We have plenty in stock for second doses and enough left over to use as first doses and hold back more for second doses. I think the powers to be have misread the 50% memo from moderna. Hold back doses for the second dose, that's all they need to do. We are currently holding back ~130k doses to give potentially only 30k second doses. So hold the 30k, release 50k for first doses and hold back 50k for second doses etc...

Granted those figures are 5 days out of date, but when they do get updated, I doubt there will be much change.
    It's almost like we have hit a bottleneck and it's not with supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Someone wrong there, I know people in their 50's getting it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Still plenty in the 70s group waiting. They aren't alone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Wolf359f wrote: »
    It's a grey area in regard to the 95% figure.
    They say 95% of what gets delivered into the country gets used within 7 days. Clearly that's not true.
    Even if it was, it's like that 5% gets held back and the following week another 5% held back and so on.

On Moderna, there is absolutely no need to be holding back the volume we have. We have plenty in stock for second doses and enough left over to use as first doses and hold back more for second doses. I think the powers to be have misread the 50% memo from moderna. Hold back doses for the second dose, that's all they need to do. We are currently holding back ~130k doses to give potentially only 30k second doses. So hold the 30k, release 50k for first doses and hold back 50k for second doses etc...

Granted those figures are 5 days out of date, but when they do get updated, I doubt there will be much change.
    It's almost like we have hit a bottleneck and it's not with supply.

If only the media would spend as much time looking at this as they did with the small number of people heading to Lanzarote to escape the Irish winter.

If only the media would spend as much time looking at this as they did with the small number of people heading to Lanzarote to escape the Irish winter.

If we had a breakdown of first doses vs second doses per vaccine type, it would be glaringly obvious moderna stock is being underutilised.

Don't moderna insist that 50% of their doses are kept back for 2nd doses to ensure that their 28 day 2nd dose is adhered to
    That would meanonly half of modernas deliveries can be counted in the percentage used every week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Sleeper12 wrote: »

That's mad. You MM as a 60 year old vaccinated last weekend and that was quite appropriate for where the roll out was in Cork 8 days ago

Don't moderna insist that 50% of their doses are kept back for 2nd doses to ensure that their 28 day 2nd dose is adhered to
    That would meanonly half of modernas deliveries can be counted in the percentage used every week

Half of their deliveries, not half of the entire order delivered to date. Which would include doses used for first and second doses.

As an example:
    Week1: 20k delivered (10k used, 10k stored)
    Week2: 20k delivered (10k used, 10k stored)
    Week3: no delivery
    Week4: 10k delivered (5k used, 5k stored)
    Week5: 10k delivered (5k used, 5k stored, 10k from week 1 storage used for 2nd doses)
    Week6: no delivery (10k from week 2 storage used for 2nd doses)
    Week7: 8k delivered (4k used, 4k stored, no second doses needed yet)
    And so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

There really aren't "plenty" in the 70s group waiting. There were over 450k of an estimated 480k done last weekend.

Roughly 7% left, 2-5% of whom are probably refuseniks.

Why are they waiting? Are they being proactive and chasing it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Got my vaccination appointment yesterday, i am 10 minutes from the vaccination centre in my local area, but my appointment is in another county over a hours drive away, suppose some areas are busier then others , gave them a call and seem to get what sounded like a south African accent whos advice was to reply to email with NEW, are the call centres not base in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭JPup

More than 1 in 6 people living in Ireland was born abroad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Vaccinated30

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Got my vaccination appointment yesterday, i am 10 minutes from the vaccination centre in my local area, but my appointment is in another county over a hours drive away, suppose some areas are busier then others , gave them a call and seem to get what sounded like a south African accent whos advice was to reply to email with NEW, are the call centres not base in Ireland?
    African people work in Ireland you know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement