Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

revelman wrote: »
    Ah to be fair, it is not always about entitlement. With AZ, the risk of serious side effects is almost 3 times higher for someone in their forties than it is for someone in their 60s. This should be taken into account as part of any risk assessment.

https://wintoncentre.maths.cam.ac.uk/news/communicating-potential-benefits-and-harms-astra-zeneca-covid-19-vaccine/
    crossman47 wrote: »
    Three times a miniscule risk is still miniscule.

Not directing at you, but there seems to be a lot of pseudo angry posts on here recently if anyone says anything negative about AZ.

It doesn't matter if 3 times a miniscule risk is still miniscule though, people are entitled, in such cases, to say they'd prefer to get a vaccine that doesn't carry those risks. It seems a perfectly reasonable opinion to hold.

If it didn't matter that the tiny risk was 3 times larger, we wouldn't have health authorities making decisions on age groups would we. And they are. Thus rendering preferences perfectly logical in the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

eoinbn wrote: »
    Any data to back that up or are you just pulling numbers out of thin air?

Depends on deliveries. The thinking up to today was everyone under 45 would be getting Pfizer. Politically you cannot penalise someone who opts out. So instead of starting the under 39s in a few weeks time, they will have to finish off the 40+ range first. Given the numbers on here for deliveries and planning, if you turn down AZ, you won’t wait long for mRNA. Unless Reid and the government decided to penalise the group, which will not end well…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

For most age groups over 60 the vaccine is seen primarily as a life saver. For those younger than that it's seen primarily as a way of getting back to normal life. So differences in attitude are to be expected.

Absolutely. I can see a level of hesitancy with some on JJ and AZ and for good reason particularly with women.

Govt should be using the travel Cert as the carrot. JJ is a the fast pass to normality for many. AZ is tainted with many (plus time between doses) and Pfizer is the gold standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Not directing at you, but there seems to be a lot of pseudo angry posts on here recently if anyone says anything negative about AZ.

It doesn't matter if 3 times a miniscule risk is still miniscule though, people are entitled, in such cases, to say they'd prefer to get a vaccine that doesn't carry those risks. It seems a perfectly reasonable opinion to hold.

If it didn't matter that the tiny risk was 3 times larger, we wouldn't have health authorities making decisions on age groups would we. And they are. Thus rendering preferences perfectly logical in the circumstances.

True. There has been an absolute dogs dinner made out of the advice from NIAC by not concurrently vaccinating the over 40's and over 50's and using up the AZ supply on over 50's.

Three times a miniscule risk is still miniscule.

It's a bigger risk than covid for some age groups, that's the point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭eoinbn

revelman wrote: »
    I thought our Pfizer supply was going to double. That’s what is happening in Germany...

They are doubling the amount sent to GPs.
    Right now we are getting 182k a week. Expect the same this and next. That will bring us to a total up to 2060k. Exclude the 700k from Q1 means we need 1400k over 5 weeks to hit the 2700k target in Q2. So expect around 280k a week in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    My god some people are seriously entitled . Take what is offered and be grateful for it
    I stood in a queue with over 60’s all getting AZ and not a whinge or moan did I hear
    They were all just incredibly grateful to be getting a Covid vaccine
    My husband sat outside the GP in the pissing rain with the over 70’s and all chuffed and delighted to be getting it rain or no rain .

I have no worries at all about catching covid, I don’t feel that I need a vaccine, so no I’m not particularly grateful. I couldn’t care less about my personal immunity, all I want is to be able to visit family abroad. And if one vaccine makes that happen sooner than another, I’ll try to have the sooner option. It’s about freedom, not vaccination.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

They are doubling the amount sent to GPs.
    Right now we are getting 182k a week. Expect the same this and next. That will bring us to a total up to 2060k. Exclude the 700k from Q1 means we need 1400k over 5 weeks to hit the 2700k target in Q2. So expect around 280k a week in June.

What's the 2700k target? Is that the 80% of adults?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Got pfziered on Saturday at Lansdowne Road. One hour from the time I walked in until the time I walked out. Not bad I think. Queues were building up just after I arrived at 5.15 so I would say those behind me had a longer wait and those in front a shorter one. It was pretty efficient I would say. No side effects apart from a sore arm.

by in? you mean inside the building? or just inside the compound?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭crossman47

Multipass wrote: »
    I have no worries at all about catching covid, I don’t feel that I need a vaccine, so no I’m not particularly grateful. I couldn’t care less about my personal immunity, all I want is to be able to visit family abroad. And if one vaccine makes that happen sooner than another, I’ll try to have the sooner option. It’s about freedom, not vaccination.

I don't want to upset you but, if you have no worries at all about catching Covid, you are seriously uninformed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

You must have superpowers? :D

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

I'm 49 and will certainly refuse AZ and J&J.

International travel doesn't concern me.

I'm happy to wait for Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Believe me I want to visit my family abroad too . But I still was incredibly grateful to take what was on offer

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭eoinbn

Wolf359f wrote: »
    What's the 2700k target? Is that the 80% of adults?

Pfizer Q2 delivery target.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

I don't want to upset you but, if you have no worries at all about catching Covid, you are seriously uninformed.

No, I understand the actual risk profile, rather than the media hype. Granted that my perception may be skewed a little by the fact that I have more than 10 family members who have had it, including one who couldn't be any higher on the vulnerable list, and none had anything worse than sniffles and a day in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 iheartpooner

I had it back in January and it was easier on my body than a mild cold. While very dangerous to some, most young people will throw it off fairly easily. There’s the highly ambiguous long covid business but that’s still ill defined.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Does anyone know what the deal with Israels plateauing at around 62% vaccinated is all about? Is it just the ultra conservative sections of their society refusing it or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Mr.CoolGuy

Not sure if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if Pfizer will release the numbers of vaccines they are administering in Ireland internally? The family/housemates vaccines are beginning soon and this will likely balloon their numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Pandiculation

If the Brits get to 90% we’re going to go for 95% and they’re going to beat the EU come hell or high water.

So I think both counties will be amongst the world’s most vaccinated places by the end of the summer.

I can assure, neither country is going to be out vaccinated!

It’s no harm as I think both jurisdictions are rather pragmatic about vaccines and will end up being amongst the most protected against COVID.

I don’t think we’ve anything like the issues around anti vaccination conspiracy theories that the US has for example. They have plenty of supply but they’re hiring that wall now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Apogee wrote: »
    Broad numbers from Reid on Morning Ireland:
    -Over 2.1M total doses administered
    -Well over 1.5M have received dose 1 (41% population)
    -Over 560k have received dose 2 (15%)
    -Likely 260-270k doses administered last week.
    https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/21954408

Chipping away quite nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭mossie

Got my first Pfizer in Mallow today. From the time I left car to time I got back 25 minutes. Very well organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I think this is a fair solution. People can assess their own risk. If someone is working in retail, they maybe more willing to take the minor risk on the Astra and J&J, than say someone who is working from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Strazdas wrote: »
    Yes, apparently the EU green pass will say that people who have received 'any' vaccine dose will be deemed as a vaccinated person.

And from what the govt have been saying, after four weeks of receiving an AZ dose you will effectively be classed the same as a Pfizer or Moderna recipient.

Where did you read that?

I am supposing this is the Pro Vaccine thread so excuse me now while I point out some data that nobody seems to want to know about.

The European Database of Suspected Adverse Drug Reactions (http://www.adrreports.eu/en/background.html) was established by the European Medicine Agency in 2012 (https://www.ema.europa.eu/en)

Thus far to 16th May 2021 this database has recorded adverse reactions to all 4 vaccines on general release in Europe (VAERS is the US equivalent).
    You can look at the data yourself.

https://dap.ema.europa.eu/analytics/saw.dll?PortalPages
    Pfizer

Moderna

https://dap.ema.europa.eu/analytics/saw.dll?PortalPages&PortalPath=%2Fshared%2FPHV%20DAP%2F_portal%2FDAP&Action=Navigate&P0=1&P1=eq&P2=%22Line%20Listing%20Objects%22.%22Substance%20High%20Level%20Code%22&P3=1+40995439
    Astrazeneca

https://dap.ema.europa.eu/analytics/saw.dll?PortalPages&PortalPath=%2Fshared%2FPHV%20DAP%2F_portal%2FDAP&Action=Navigate&P0=1&P1=eq&P2=%22Line%20Listing%20Objects%22.%22Substance%20High%20Level%20Code%22&P3=1+42287887
    Johnson and Johnson

There is a tab on each page named ''Number of Individual Cases for a Selected Reaction''
    On the left of page in the top drop down menu you can go between various categories of bodily reaction groups.

I will save you some trouble as elsewhere I have read the totals for each vaccine.

Pfizer - 5,368 deaths and 170,528 injuries to 08/05/2021
    Moderna - 2,865 deaths and 22,985 injuries to 08/05/2021
    Astrazeneca - 2,102 deaths and 208,873 injuries to 08/05/2021
    Johnson and Johnson - 235 deaths and 2,873 injuries to 08/05/2021

I think this information is valid insofar as I can assess the website. I see that most reports I have looked at are reported by healthcare professional. The categories are incredibly specific and would indicate access is being made by medical professionals.

Thus far to 8th of May (and it has increased since) There has overall been 10,570 deaths and 405,259 injuries reported to EudraVigilance.

The information came to my attention from a link to what people will dismiss as an anti-vaccination website. But I checked out Eudra's website and just looked at the data on the tabs to see if the report was correct and all seems to be in order. The website is incredibly slow to access individual databases so be prepared for that.

Never before has any medicine or vaccination been allowed to continue in the history of modern medicine with such a huge list of reported adverse effects and deaths, and especially worrying is that they are emerging so abundantly and so early in the process.

Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I am supposing this is the Pro Vaccine thread so excuse me now while I point out some data that nobody seems to want to know about.

The European Database of Suspected Adverse Drug Reactions (http://www.adrreports.eu/en/background.html) was established by the European Medicine Agency in 2012 (https://www.ema.europa.eu/en)

Thus far to 16th May 2021 this database has recorded adverse reactions to all 4 vaccines on general release in Europe (VAERS is the US equivalent).

Pfizer

Moderna

https://dap.ema.europa.eu/analytics/saw.dll?PortalPages&PortalPath=%2Fshared%2FPHV%20DAP%2F_portal%2FDAP&Action=Navigate&P0=1&P1=eq&P2=%22Line%20Listing%20Objects%22.%22Substance%20High%20Level%20Code%22&P3=1+40995439
    Astrazeneca

https://dap.ema.europa.eu/analytics/saw.dll?PortalPages&PortalPath=%2Fshared%2FPHV%20DAP%2F_portal%2FDAP&Action=Navigate&P0=1&P1=eq&P2=%22Line%20Listing%20Objects%22.%22Substance%20High%20Level%20Code%22&P3=1+42287887
    Johnson and Johnson

There is a tab on each page named ''Number of Individual Cases for a Selected Reaction''
    On the left of page in the top drop down menu you can go between various categories of bodily reaction groups.

I will save you some trouble as elsewhere I have read the totals for each vaccine.

I think this information is valid insofar as I can assess the website. I see that most reports I have looked at are reported by healthcare professional. The categories are incredibly specific and would indicate access is being made by medical professionals.

Thus far to 8th of May (and it has increased since) There has overall been 10,570 deaths and 405,259 injuries reported to EudraVigilance.

The information came to my attention from a link to what people will dismiss as an anti-vaccination website. But I checked out Eudra's website and just looked at the data on the tabs to see if the report was correct and all seems to be in order. The website is incredibly slow to access individual databases so be prepared for that.

Never before has any medicine or vaccination been allowed to continue in the history of modern medicine with such a huge list of reported adverse effects and deaths, and especially worrying is that they are emerging so abundantly and so early in the process.

Any opinions?

Not this again....sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Pfizer Q2 delivery target.
    Ah I see.
    What's the EU's Pfizer delivery for Q2 in total, 250mil?
    We get 1.19%, so our Q2 total would be 2975k

I'm just curious as the only real forecasts we can see are Belgium's delivery schedules and going by that, the Pfizer figures are different.
    They are expecting a total of 6.3mil for Q2.
    So far they received about 2.19% of all Pfizer deliveries, so the total EU deliveries would be ~287mil for Q2? (our pro rata would be 3415k)

Anyone know of any other EU countries who give delivery forecasts?

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Not this again....sigh.

Has this been proven incorrect? Please let me know if so. I would appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Pfizer

Moderna

Astrazeneca

Johnson and Johnson

Any opinions?

Did you expect vaccinated people to become immortal?

Practically everyone over the age of 70 in Europe has been vaccinated in the space of a few months. It would be entirely more worrying if none of them happened to die or develop other illnesses within a short while of taking the vaccine

ceegee wrote: »

Practically everyone over the age of 70 in Europe has been vaccinated in the space of a few months. It would be entirely more worrying if none of them happened to die or develop other illnesses within a short while of taking the vaccine

No. I can assure I was not posting an opinion proposing my disappointment at failed immortality.

Is that the information to counter EudraVigilance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

ceegee wrote: »

In other words, they died some time after taking the vaccine but no reason to think it was because of the vaccine

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement