Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

isha wrote: »
    No. I can assure I was not posting an opinion proposing my disappointment at failed immortality.

Is that the information to counter EudraVigilance?

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-vaers-deaths-idUSL1N2LV0NY

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/mar/31/blog-posting/european-database-does-not-prove-covid-19-vaccines/

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Never before has any medicine or vaccination been allowed to continue in the history of modern medicine with such a huge list of reported adverse effects and deaths, and especially worrying is that they are emerging so abundantly and so early in the process.

Any opinions?

Never before have we vaccinated tens (soon to be hundreds) of millions of people in Europe in a short window of a few months.

Unfortunately, people are not immortal. When you follow tens of millions of people over a short period of time, you will find that some of them will get sick and some of them will die.

The European authorities are required to keep a record of all of this but no authority has yet seen any numbers out of the ordinary (apart from the rare case of CVSD).

Also I would encourage you to google the difference between causation and correlation. This might help allay your concerns, if this is a genuine post, though your reference to this being a “pro-vaccine” thread makes me wonder...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

In other words, they died some time after taking the vaccine but no reason to think it was because of the vaccine

I'm sure if you include the exact same data from a placebo group, you would see very similar data (excluding the known side effects of the vaccine)
    When you dive into reported side effects (which are really things that have happened since being vaccinated) you can see it's just collecting some crazy things. People contracting STD's post vaccinated, toothaches and crying also listed.

I am supposing this is the Pro Vaccine thread so excuse me now while I point out some data that nobody seems to want to know about.

The European Database of Suspected Adverse Drug Reactions (http://www.adrreports.eu/en/background.html) was established by the European Medicine Agency in 2012 (https://www.ema.europa.eu/en)

Thus far to 16th May 2021 this database has recorded adverse reactions to all 4 vaccines on general release in Europe (VAERS is the US equivalent).
    You can look at the data yourself.

https://dap.ema.europa.eu/analytics/saw.dll?PortalPages
    Pfizer

https://dap.ema.europa.eu/analytics/saw.dll?PortalPages
    Moderna

https://dap.ema.europa.eu/analytics/saw.dll?PortalPages&PortalPath=%2Fshared%2FPHV%20DAP%2F_portal%2FDAP&Action=Navigate&P0=1&P1=eq&P2=%22Line%20Listing%20Objects%22.%22Substance%20High%20Level%20Code%22&P3=1+40995439
    Astrazeneca

https://dap.ema.europa.eu/analytics/saw.dll?PortalPages&PortalPath=%2Fshared%2FPHV%20DAP%2F_portal%2FDAP&Action=Navigate&P0=1&P1=eq&P2=%22Line%20Listing%20Objects%22.%22Substance%20High%20Level%20Code%22&P3=1+42287887
    Johnson and Johnson

There is a tab on each page named ''Number of Individual Cases for a Selected Reaction''
    On the left of page in the top drop down menu you can go between various categories of bodily reaction groups.

I will save you some trouble as elsewhere I have read the totals for each vaccine.

Pfizer - 5,368 deaths and 170,528 injuries to 08/05/2021
    Moderna - 2,865 deaths and 22,985 injuries to 08/05/2021
    Astrazeneca - 2,102 deaths and 208,873 injuries to 08/05/2021
    Johnson and Johnson - 235 deaths and 2,873 injuries to 08/05/2021

I think this information is valid insofar as I can assess the website. I see that most reports I have looked at are reported by healthcare professional. The categories are incredibly specific and would indicate access is being made by medical professionals.

Thus far to 8th of May (and it has increased since) There has overall been 10,570 deaths and 405,259 injuries reported to EudraVigilance.

The information came to my attention from a link to what people will dismiss as an anti-vaccination website. But I checked out Eudra's website and just looked at the data on the tabs to see if the report was correct and all seems to be in order. The website is incredibly slow to access individual databases so be prepared for that.

Never before has any medicine or vaccination been allowed to continue in the history of modern medicine with such a huge list of reported adverse effects and deaths, and especially worrying is that they are emerging so abundantly and so early in the process.

Any opinions?

You will choose to ignore, but nonetheless - every single death following vaccination must be investigated as such. 140 million EU citizens have received a vaccine dose. About 15,000 of these would have been expected to die within a month of receiving a vaccine in normal circumstances

Has this been proven incorrect? Please let me know if so. I would appreciate it.

Its more like deliberate and egregious misrepresentation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭rameire

Got the call at 2.15 today for a Jab at 2.40.
    There was a cancellation and a slot opened up.
    Hung up too quickly to find out what I was getting, too excited and couldn't care honestly.

Vaccination was done in D15 in doctors surgery.
    Im 39 and cohort 7 supposedly.
    They were doing a good few other cohort 7 when I was there,
    and earlier in the day they were doing over 70's second doses.

Back in 4 weeks for second dose.
    It was Pfizer.

So they are doing Cohort 7's.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Those ''debunking'' articles are lukewarm efforts...at best. The reports to Eudra are made largely by medical personnel. They will have to be individually checked of course and hopefully that will happen and soon.
    But hand waving instantly in response to them is not useful and in fact undermines the very raison d'etre of such official websites - they exist precisely to keep track of reports. That is exactly what they are for. And they are official bodies.
    No point in shooting the messenger who says look what is on the official websites for reports. For fractions fewer reports of adverse responses in 2009 the Swine Flu vaccines were largely discontinued. It took years for the reports to be investigated then and in some cases led to legal remedies. That is the nature of novel and fast moving data.

As you were, people :) Just passing through with an alternative view point. Have a good day.

isha currently

tenor.gif?itemid=8778454

hahah :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

isha currently

Hold on now, lets keep an open mind. Like, on one hand, trusted, well established news sources such as Reuters, plus peer reviewed scientists but on the other hand, random anonymous people on social media.

It's a tough one to call.

• Advertisement

revelman wrote: »
    Never before have we vaccinated tens (soon to be hundreds) of millions of people in Europe in a short window of a few months.

Unfortunately, people are not immortal. When you follow tens of millions of people over a short period of time, you will find that some of them will get sick and some of them will die.

The European authorities are required to keep a record of all of this but no authority has yet seen any numbers out of the ordinary (apart from the rare case of CVSD).

Also I would encourage you to google the difference between causation and correlation. This might help allay your concerns, if this is a genuine post, though your reference to this being a “pro-vaccine” thread makes me wonder...

We did. 30 million quickly in 2009.

Its more like deliberate and egregious misrepresentation

Absolutely refute this. I am linking to official sites with official numbers, albeit yet to be investigated fully. It is worthy of note.
    Go away with your ''egregious misrepresentation'' hyperbole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Is there any data on the longevity of AZ over J&J at this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Any opinions?

An adverse event is defined as an untoward medical occurrence after exposure to a medicine, which is not necessarily caused by that medicine.

One thing to note is have a look at some blood pressure medicines, medicines given to the elderly in care homes, etc as an example. The death rate will be as high/ higher. I think in ireland the average time you spend in a care home home is something like 4 years. So unless the death rate increases, there isn’t a problem. Eg you would expect such events.

Those ''debunking'' articles are lukewarm efforts...at best. The reports to Eudra are made largely by medical personnel. They will have to be individually checked of course and hopefully that will happen and soon.
    But hand waving instantly in response to them is not useful and in fact undermines the very raison d'etre of such official websites - they exist precisely to keep track of reports. That is exactly what they are for. And they are official bodies.
    No point in shooting the messenger who says look what is on the official websites for reports. For fractions fewer reports of adverse responses in 2009 the Swine Flu vaccines were largely discontinued. It took years for the reports to be investigated then and in some cases led to legal remedies. That is the nature of novel and fast moving data.

As you were, people :) Just passing through with an alternative view point. Have a good day.

No -swine flu vaccine was tracked to a specific issue. There would still have been similar levels of general side effects noted. Its when these rise above expected levels in the general population that deeper investigations are completed. Record the actual levels, compare to expected levels, escalate when recorded exceeds expected

Absolutely refute this. I am linking to official sites with official numbers, albeit yet to be investigated fully. It is worthy of note.

Isha, do you see where people are coming from though? If you follow tens of millions of people over a short timeframe, many of whom will be elderly, you will find that thousands of them will have died anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

The anti-vaxxers that make out like they're doing us all a favour are my favourite kind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

The anti-vaxxers that make out like they're doing us all a favour are my favourite kind

Educating the sheeple!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Educating the sheeple!!;)

They're doing the lord's work. Bless their cotton socks.

When you post data and deliberately omit context that any symptom whether linked to vaccine or not, is reported in the system, what else is it but misrepresentation. Admittedly, the misrepresentation was likely to originally be from whatever anti-vax nutcase infects your facebook feed or similar and not yours.

• Advertisement

Isha, do you see where people are coming from though? If you follow tens of millions of people over a short timeframe, many of whom will be elderly, you will find that thousands of them will have died anyway...

Well, I see the point of the argument. And time will tell the truth of the reports. As it has done with adverse reactions on all other substances. This is logical

Notwithstanding it, medical personnel have gone to the considerable bother of making actual reports to the adverse reactions website set up by a pan-European Medicines body for that very purpose, of their observations, and so there at least may be something to see here.

It is the compulsive hand waving on the other side that is actually more odd than the noting of the factuality of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭eoinbn

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Ah I see.
    What's the EU's Pfizer delivery for Q2 in total, 250mil?
    We get 1.19%, so our Q2 total would be 2975k

I'm just curious as the only real forecasts we can see are Belgium's delivery schedules and going by that, the Pfizer figures are different.
    They are expecting a total of 6.3mil for Q2.
    So far they received about 2.19% of all Pfizer deliveries, so the total EU deliveries would be ~287mil for Q2? (our pro rata would be 3415k)

Anyone know of any other EU countries who give delivery forecasts?

We are due to get 2.75m.
    The Belgium figures aren't correct, at least in relation to what we are receiving. They have been under reporting delivers for the last month. Going by their figure for last week we should have only gotten 160k but we got 182k.
    Maybe BioNtech and Pfizer can over deliver again but as for now expect ~280k as the upper limit for delivers in Q2.

When you post data and deliberately omit context that any symptom whether linked to vaccine or not, is reported in the system, what else is it but misrepresentation. Admittedly, the misrepresentation was likely to originally be from whatever anti-vax nutcase infects your facebook feed or similar and not yours.

I completely included context. I linked to the very damn pages on the website applicable to the information, indicated the relevant tabs, and gave the history of the website, which is reputable, and linked to its founding body. It is called source information.

I don't have facebook.

Well, I see the point of the argument. And time will tell the truth of the reports. As it has done with adverse reactions on all other substances. This is logical

Notwithstanding it, medical personnel have gone to the considerable bother of making actual reports to the adverse reactions website set up by a pan-European Medicines body for that very purpose, of their observations, and so there at least may be something to see here.

It is the compulsive hand waving on the other side that is actually more odd than the noting of the factuality of it.

"Oh i'm just saying there is not necessarily nothing to see here"

Yeah - bullsh*t

Thanks for the response, Isha. As I understand it, medical personnel are under a legal requirement to keep a record of any deaths and serious illnesses that occur within a certain period of time after the vaccine. I’m glad of this because in this way we could spot any problems. Apart from the rare clotting issue, however, no authority has yet spotted any other issues arising, which should reassure us all.

I completely included context. I linked to the very damn pages on the website applicable to the information, indicated the relevant tabs, and gave the history of the website, which is reputable, and linked to its founding body. It is called source information.

I don't have facebook.

Raw data without context is meaningless, and all you linked was the raw data, with the supposition that what was raw data including people who got STI's and a myriad of other completely unrelated condition following vaccination, were all down to the vaccines.

The data transparency for potential adverse events is a good thing. But to use the data as you have is to distort the data completely

Thanks for the response, Isha. As I understand it, medical personnel are under a legal requirement to keep a record of any deaths and serious illnesses that occur within a certain period of time after the vaccine. I’m glad of this because in this way we could spot any problems. Apart from the rare clotting issue, however, no authority has yet spotted any other issues arising, which should reassure us all.

My favourite ones from complaints returned to my former employer a couple of years back was the woman who reported no longer being able to achieve orgasm following implantation of a medical device.

Have also seen complaints relating to a boating accident and fall down the stairs following implantation

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Now normal refrigerator a month after discarding doses fro not being frozen fro hours
    https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0517/1222166-pfizer-vaccine/

My favourite ones from complaints returned to my former employer a couple of years back was the woman who reported no longer being able to achieve orgasm following implantation of a medical device.

Have also seen complaints relating to a boating accident and fall down the stairs following implantation

Well now you can add reports to an official European website recording adverse vaccine events by medical personnel of in excess of 10,000 deaths to your bizarre anecdotal experiences. Always a bright side, eh? :)

• Advertisement

Well now you can add reports to an official European website recording adverse vaccine events by medical personnel of in excess of 10,000 deaths to your bizarre anecdotal experiences. Always a bright side, eh? :)

Way to spectacularly miss the point.

Hint: These were reports from medical personnel

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement