Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Some of the team from the office (50-59) have their appointments and seem to be getting pfizer, this would be in the Landsdown vaccination site. Are other people seeing this also?

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

is_that_so wrote: »
    I'm repeating the HSE line, reject two appointments and you go to the back of the queue. That's what they say.

That was also before the latest guidance. That will be changing.

In fairness the HSE were looking at 45+ for AZ/JJ, so I don’t think this is quite a disaster as some may think. Their submission indicated that they fully planned on all under 45s to get mRNA.

By allowing choice some may opt into AZ/JJ. I believe AZ is going in the bin though, there is really no reason to take it when you have 3 better options on the table. So would be the only downside.

Honestly I know a lot of people who would take JJ just for convenience. At the start of this if I was given a choice that I s the one I would have picked. Especially in the way the HSE is handling the rollout now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

73 and 74 year old parents getting their second Pfizer this morning. They were very late getting their first, so it means that the 70+ age group should be winding up fairly soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

So it looks like us 40's will get a choice of J&J or Astra vaccine. I'm 41 and am not in anyway nervous about the vaccine and don't really care which one but I'm leaning towards J&J simply because it's 1 jab. Just curious to my brethren out there who put a 4 in front of their age when writing it on a form does anyone have a specific preference and why or is it just a case of "which sleeve do you want me to roll up doc?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Pfizer or Moderna just based on their efficacy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭josip

Most 70+ are fully vaccinated
    Most 60-69 have gotten 1 dose
    Most 50-59 have at least an appointment for their first dose

It's the 18th of May

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Presumably you don't get a choice of which specific vaccine you want? You only get to choose whether accept a non MRNA, if that's what's offered to you.

The HSE keep changing the date of my 2nd appointment. I've had 3 different dates so far. Similar situation for the first appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Presumably you don't get a choice of which specific vaccine you want? You only get to choose whether accept a non MRNA, if that's what's offered to you.

You don't have a choice at the moment. You could refuse and say you'll wait for your preference but you could be looking at a much longer wait for the vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

JCX BXC wrote: »

Yeah, that is my understanding. J&J or AZ only to be used on Ages 40-49 if no Pfizer or Moderna available at the time of vaccination. Only then are people offered a choice of whichever is available or else wait for Pfizer or Moderna to become available.

• Advertisement

josip wrote: »
    Most 70+ are fully vaccinated
    Most 60-69 have gotten 1 dose
    Most 50-59 have at least an appointment for their first dose

It's the 18th of May

When do you reckon that they will open the portal for 40-49?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

I'll take what I'm given without complaint

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Some of the team from the office (50-59) have their appointments and seem to be getting pfizer, this would be in the Landsdown vaccination site. Are other people seeing this also?

All 50s I know have got or are getting Pfizer...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

Is it only GPs who write the second appointment date on your vaccination card when you get it? My mother’s is blank, done at MVC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

SusanC10 wrote: »

was just about to ask this question

• Registered Users Posts: 31,086 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

2 days ago Paul Reid said "later next week".

Lumen wrote: »
    2 days ago Paul Reid said "later next week".

So Week beginning May 24th then, I guess ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Mater Hospital (Dublin) sending out texts, reply yes or no, if you want a vaccine. Just information for anyone who may be waiting to hear from them. My name was put forward by my consultant.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sadler Peak

silver2020 wrote: »
    I'll take what I'm given without complaint

Aye, same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bargainboy

Pauliedragon i would go with the pfizer given the choice, not because of any vaccine fears but rather because if you get the pfizer the follow up dose is supposed to be given four weeks later as where the astra,s follow up dose is anything up to 16 weeks and with the Indian variant almost certainly about to push the numbers right back up it what i will go for.

• Advertisement

So Week beginning May 24th then, I guess ?

Dates? We are not worthy of dates. We must only wonder at the meaning of next and pray that it comes soon.

Eh, seriously though, if Greystones (and possibly elsewhere) are doing 52 year olds already then they're going to run out of people to first-vaccinate before the end of this week, so opening it now would make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,981 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Johnson - single dose, in and done. With AZ I'd be waiting 12 weeks for the second dose and with Pfizer I could be waiting an extra month for the first dose.

The minor differences in efficacy are irrelevant if the incidence of the disease continues to drop & they're all highly effective at preventing serious illness. The blood clot risks are miniscule AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I haven't been keeping up on things, how does getting the vaccine work? Do you get a notification, do you have to sign-up, make an appointment somewhere?

My apologies for my lack of knowledge on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Qrt wrote: »
    Is it only GPs who write the second appointment date on your vaccination card when you get it? My mother’s is blank, done at MVC.

Blank on my mothers also, they said she'd get a text with the details for dose 2

• Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Not sure OP but i'm a fan of the paracetamol meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I haven't been keeping up on things, how does getting the vaccine work? Do you get a notification, do you have to sign-up, make an appointment somewhere?

My apologies for my lack of knowledge on this.

You make an appointment online. Keep an eye on the media, once they open it to your age group you can go onto the portal and book it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

bargainboy wrote: »
    Pauliedragon i would go with the pfizer given the choice, not because of any vaccine fears but rather because if you get the pfizer the follow up dose is supposed to be given four weeks later as where the astra,s follow up dose is anything up to 16 weeks and with the Indian variant almost certainly about to push the numbers right back up it what i will go for.
    I would too but from what I read if you go with pfizer you have to wait longer and I just want it over with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I was hospitalised with multiple pulmonary embolisms in 2017 so I'm going the try and avoid the AZ or J&J vaccines. What's the story if you hold out for the mRNA ones as I'd be keen to get vaccinated sooner rather than later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

ABAZ = anything but AstraZeneca

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement