Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Unicorn Milk Latte

J&J vaccine rollout:

J&J is a vaccine that does not require a 2nd shot.

So some countries are discussing, and running pilot projects for, prioritising J&J for people who cannot be reasonably expected to reliably show up for a 2nd shot - like homeless people.

Makes sense - making sure that the most vulnerable are taken care of as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Not sure if that's one day at a time or all in one day, but anyway...

https://twitter.com/MichealLehane/status/1394627382091386884?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

45-49
    The wait goes on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Fantastic news we’re flying now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

You don't have a choice at the moment. You could refuse and say you'll wait for your preference but you could be looking at a much longer wait for the vaccine.
    you could wait 2-3 months for Pfizer and still be done with your vaccination as soon as getting the AZ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Open for all or like previously - Wed 49, Thurs 48, Fri 47 etc.....

Fantastic news we’re flying now

Yup, it'll be interesting though to see how quickly they can move through the 40s.

Personally I'd expect a slow down when it comes to the u40s simply because we're likely to have a fair bit of J&J that can't be used and we'll need 2 doses of Pfizer or Moderna to make up for each dose sitting on the shelf

Good news.

I wonder what "work is ongoing at the HSE" re: J&J means. The NIAC recommendation doesn't allow them to just dole it out to the 40s, and there isn't enough of it to give to the 50s.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

loyatemu wrote: »
    Johnson - single dose, in and done. With AZ I'd be waiting 12 weeks for the second dose and with Pfizer I could be waiting an extra month for the first dose.

The minor differences in efficacy are irrelevant if the incidence of the disease
    16 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Looking at that news and the fact AZ/JJ are opt in, are we pretty much maxed out 260/280,000 a week now?

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Chuzzle7 wrote: »
    I fall into group 7, rang my GP and they're still vaccinating the over 70s, and very high risk. Basically I was told that I won't be prioritized anytime soon even though the HSE has us believing that we've all moving down the vaccine list quickly.

This along with GP only gets deliveries every two weeks.

My question is... Can my GP contact me at the last minute if they have anything to spare or do they all offer appointments?

I posted earlier, I'm high risk cohort 7, hadn't heard a word from GP so registered on HSE, literally 5 days later my GP Contacted me and I'm getting 1st Dose this Friday. Basically her surgery is just working their way through the process. Spare Vacinnes is a very touchy subject to be honest so many differing opinions and just can't give you a straight answer but I'd certainly contact your GP just get an update, advice etc. I genuinely don't think you'll be waiting much longer regardless.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

Zipppy wrote: »
    Lots of 50s with no appointments yet..

My OH is 54..zip..

i know two 57 year olds.. zip..

Five 56 year olds zip..

All in Dublin

Yup gang of us (dublin)alll 50-53 still waiting for appointment. Am guessing 50s will take at least another week or more to do.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,547 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Threads Merged

Speak Now wrote: »
    Open for all or like previously - Wed 49, Thurs 48, Fri 47 etc.....

Donnelly just after clarifying. Day by day like the other ages.

Rte didn't seem to word it well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Apogee

Apogee wrote: »
    Broad numbers from Reid on Morning Ireland:
    -Over 2.1M total doses administered
    -Well over 1.5M have received dose 1 (41% population)
    -Over 560k have received dose 2 (15%)
    -Likely 260-270k doses administered last week.
    https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/21954408

Donnelly just mentioned on News at One that they reached almost 50k doses administered on a single day last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

eviltwin wrote: »
    You make an appointment online. Keep an eye on the media, once they open it to your age group you can go onto the portal and book it.
    Details are here: https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/get-the-vaccine/getting-your-vaccine/

You need your name and PPS number to apply online.
    The HSE website, RTE news, and every other Irish news outlet run a story when your age group is eligible to register.

The HSE text you with a time and location to get your vaccine, usually only a few days notice. You can reschedule if it doesn't suit.

Turn up on the day, wait in your car until it's time to go in and queue, and you're usually out in 15-20 mins.
    They tell you to wait another hour after to make sure you feel well enough to travel home, but that's up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Apogee wrote: »
    Donnelly just mentioned on News at One that they reached almost 50k doses administered on a single day last week.

They kind of have to hit a big day or two like that during the week as we still tail off massively at the weekends as supply runs low.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

JRant wrote: »
    They kind of have to hit a big day or two like that during the week as we still tail off massively at the weekends as supply runs low.

That tail off has lessened quite a bit as supply increases. Its all about the 7 day figure.

Be nice to have the daily figures like before. Damn ransomware!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,514 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

isha wrote: »
    The raw surveillance data on various official global sites do show presently that the level of injury and death is unprecedented for any medication or vaccine. These vaccines have accrued multiples more raw data adverse events reports from medical personnel than any other substance ever monitored by official websites. That is just a fact.
    More anti vax stuff from you despite numerous warnings about it across the forum

Do not post in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Szero

I thought the next batch was planned to be 40-49 rather than 45-49?

Why are 40-44 year olds pushed back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Szero wrote: »

I doubt they are being pushed back.
    They will still get vaccinated n the same order.

I think the problem was that once eveyone figured out they could register whenever they wanted they all started registering even before their day.
    This will limit that behavior to 5 years instead of 10.
    Also there are more people at each age too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

They're whingy ****es when it comes to demanding things.

It's probably a combination of the 40-49 being a pretty big group and making it handier to manage, and allowing for better organisation of the vaccines.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They're not. They did this before with the 60+ group. Initially opened for 65-69, then immediately after for 60-64.

It's about controlling the numbers registering at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Want to start getting through the 50s so...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

emrys wrote: »
    Yup gang of us (dublin)alll 50-53 still waiting for appointment. Am guessing 50s will take at least another week or more to do.

and now they're opening portal for 45-49s ??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭eoinbn

Want to start getting through the 50s so...

There is always overlap. Some 70s were done before 80s, some 60s before 70s etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

And? They were still vaccinating 63 year olds when they opened the last batch for registration. Inviting people to register is not people skipping older people waiting, it's getting a handle on demand

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

If memory serves they opened 65-69 year olds first and 5 days later (after 65 year olds were registered) they opened registration to 60-64 year olds

I have 2 family members who ran into people who had the exact same birthdays as them in the vaccination centre so when they say they're doing it by age they are being quite specific

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

It's just a registration portal, they're not going to start vaccinating them tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Has there been any impact to the rate of vaccinations due to the HSE hack?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement