Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Lumen wrote: »
    So using Malta as a template, at the current rate of vaccination of around 0.8/100/day we should hit zero COVID around three weeks into July, by my estimates.

Obvs sooner with J+J and if dosing rate increases further.

edit: also interesting that Malta's cases started going down from a long plateuau around April 19, when they were at 64 doses/100. We should get to that point around mid-June. However, I see from the latest data that our case rate starting dipping strongly around 4 days ago, and may cross the UK's in the next few days! I hope that's not a hacking artifact :pac:

Malta increased restrictions at the start of April and are only easing them now. So not a perfect comparison. 65 per 100 does seem to be a milestone for protection. Also according to Our world in data Irelands 7 day case rate is dropping quite significantly already

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Szero wrote: »
    I thought the next batch was planned to be 40-49 rather than 45-49?

Why are 40-44 year olds pushed back?

It was the same for 50"s to 59"s, no push back, its day by day I believe.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I thought the next batch was planned to be 40-49 rather than 45-49?

Why are 40-44 year olds pushed back?

They are not being pushed back. The portal will open for 49 year olds first, then 48, 47 etc and won't stop until it reaches 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Hurrache wrote: »
    It's just a registration portal, they're not going to start vaccinating them tomorrow.

Exactly, there nowhere near clearing 50"s age group and still working on 60"s.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Exactly, there nowhere near clearing 50"s age group and still working on 60"s.

But will start soon enough though. I think some 59 year olds were being vaccinated within three days of the portal opening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Szero

JimmyVik wrote: »
    I think the problem was that once eveyone figured out they could register whenever they wanted they all started registering even before their day.

Is there any risk attached to registering early?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,086 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

snotboogie wrote: »
    Also according to Our world in data Irelands 7 day case rate is dropping quite significantly already

Heuston, we have a problem!

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

duffman13 wrote: »
    And? They were still vaccinating 63 year olds when they opened the last batch for registration. Inviting people to register is not people skipping older people waiting, it's getting a handle on demand

Also remember it’s about population and site capacity. I’ll use Sligo as an example. They had 32 rooms to operate from. So at full capacity and 8 hour days you’re looking at getting 1000 jabs in (being very conservative there could get in more). Sligo has 65k people in total (assuming all go here), so would take a max of 130k injections (assuming everyone is injected including day old babies/ gets the 2 doses), so would take a little over 4 months to complete all. The reality is that number is a lot smaller, so is one of the reasons Sligo is massively ahead.

Dublin has only 4 sites. How many can they have per day? But even at double or treble the capacity, you’re dealing with at least 350k per test centre and 5-6 times the population. So if they don’t have extra capacity it will be slower.

No : it probably means you will be vaccinated quicker in fact. If anyone wants to be vaccinated speedily, I would recommend they register as soon as the portal opens for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭NIAC Fanboy

Probably asked already but what happens if you can't make the appointment slot given?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Makes no difference, its all to stagger demand. You won't get an appointment any earlier than if you actually wait until the day your age group is asked to register

Probably asked already but what happens if you can't make the appointment slot given?

You simply text the word 'NEW' back and they'll send you out a new appointment date.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭NIAC Fanboy

Strazdas wrote: »
    You simply text the word 'NEW' back and they'll send you out a new appointment date.

Thanks.

Thanks.

No problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

I believe you reply Next or new and they’ll give you another slot. After that you have to go through HSE live to get back on the system. They gave me no notice and out of principle I should have declined it. I also wasn’t expecting an appointment either (I thought I’d be done late last month up til now at the latest)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Strazdas wrote: »

do they tell you which vaccine you're getting at the time of receiving appointment date?

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    do they tell you which vaccine you're getting at the time of receiving appointment date?

They do indeed : it's in your initial text from them

• Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

We seem to be flying along now. Hopefully this will mean a very different end to the summer than the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Sarah1916

I am getting vaccinated tomorrow in Citywest as I am 32 weeks pregnant. The Coombe are vaccinateing all women in their care who are between 32-36 weeks pregnant. We are all being done tomorrow in Citywest. Hopefully they will do one day a week and get through all of their patients fairly quickly (assuming next week would be 28-32 weeks etc.)
    My text did not mention what vaccine I will be getting but I think we are only being given Moderna or Pfizer.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Not sure if that's one day at a time or all in one day, but anyway...

https://twitter.com/MichealLehane/status/1394627382091386884?s=19

Its like the lottery having the 46-49 age group open tomorrow - I was giving out that I fell into this group in March - you know those online forms where you are suddenly out side of the 30-45 year old drop down menu -Now its a bonus Im in the 46 - 60 one!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Its like the lottery having the 46-49 age group open tomorrow - I was giving out that I fell into this group in March - you know those online forms where you are suddenly out side of the 30-45 year old drop down menu -Now its a bonus Im in the 46 - 60 one!!!!

It's still day by day

https://twitter.com/DonnellyStephen/status/1394634125177495552?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭josip

JimmyVik wrote: »
    I think the problem was that once eveyone figured out they could register whenever they wanted they all started registering even before their day.
    This will limit that behavior to 5 years instead of 10.
    Also there are more people at each age too.

Anyone who registers early should get a proportional number of days tacked on to their vaccine wait time.
    They're probably the same people showing up 90 minutes early for their appointments and causing the long queues at some MVCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 aineo

Anyone got the AZ? The mixed messaging regarding this vaccine makes me nervous! I haven't heard of any clotting cases in Ireland though so I guess that's good news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Chuzzle7 wrote: »
    I fall into group 7, rang my GP and they're still vaccinating the over 70s, and very high risk. Basically I was told that I won't be prioritized anytime soon even though the HSE has us believing that we've all moving down the vaccine list quickly.

This along with GP only gets deliveries every two weeks.

My question is... Can my GP contact me at the last minute if they have anything to spare or do they all offer appointments?

What happened to this plan they mentioned last week?
    HSE to launch referral pathway for high risk cohorts who can't be vaccinated by GPs

https://www.thejournal.ie/cohort-7-vaccine-5436621-May2021/

Speaking at the HSE briefing today, Damien McCallion, HSE Lead Covid Vaccination Programme, said for people whose GPs are not vaccinating Cohorts 4 and 7, a referral pathway has been developed and will be in place by Saturday.
    He said this will allow GPs to refer a patient to a vaccination centre if they are not administering vaccines for these cohorts. McCallion said the intention is to give all of those in the high risk cohorts a vaccine by the end of May or early June.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Anyone here in early 50s in Dublin South? Have you had the text yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭JP100

josip wrote: »
    Anyone who registers early should get a proportional number of days tacked on to their vaccine wait time.

The country is trying to get out of a pandemic not prolonging one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

josip wrote: »
    They're probably the same people showing up 90 minutes early for their appointments and causing the long queues at some MVCs.

It can’t do any damage as the system should reject it, it can’t be that hard to limit it to people 49 on 20th May. I assume they don’t as it’s not a big deal for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

lads/ladies/antivaxers

how many days was between registration for 50 and 49 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

aineo wrote: »
    Anyone got the AZ? The mixed messaging regarding this vaccine makes me nervous! I haven't heard of any clotting cases in Ireland though so I guess that's good news.

I did and all my friends and neighbours as did my brother , his wife and my sister and her husband ( all 60-69 ) . My daughter got AZ in the UK as did her partner and a few friends too( all 30-37 )
    We had some symptoms like headache , sore arm and tiredness but nothing more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

dashoonage wrote: »
    lads/ladies/antivaxers

how many days was between registration for 50 and 49 ?

12 days I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement