Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

JP100 wrote: »
    The country is trying to get out of a pandemic not prolonging one.

Which is exactly why people should register on their alloted day and keep the system running smoothly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

km79 wrote: »
    45-49
    The wait goes on :(

If one was to turn 45 in the first few days of June can one be counted in the 45-49 ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

josip wrote: »
    Anyone who registers early should get a proportional number of days tacked on to their vaccine wait time.
    They're probably the same people showing up 90 minutes early for their appointments and causing the long queues at some MVCs.

In fairness the way they message it is a bit silly. They say 45-49 opens tomorrow and then say something contradictory below.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

Anyone who registers early should get a proportional number of days tacked on to their vaccine wait time.
    registering early does nothing for your appointment date the only things that affect it is your age and eircode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

aineo wrote: »
    Anyone got the AZ? The mixed messaging regarding this vaccine makes me nervous! I haven't heard of any clotting cases in Ireland though so I guess that's good news.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/unusual-blood-clots-reported-in-several-irish-people-who-got-astrazeneca-vaccine-40346310.html
    The HPRA received 29 reports in all of blood clotting-type events in people who got the vaccine to April 19.

However, it said that in blood clots without low platelets the vast majority describe clots typically seen in the general population such as those which occur in the legs and lung.

In many the individuals had risk factors for clotting.

Similar types of blood clotting, without low platelets have been observed with mRNA vaccines, with 41 such reports up to April 19.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭JP100

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Which is exactly why people should register on their alloted day and keep the system running smoothly

People will do what people will do! So leave them at it instead of all this silly nonsense talk of putting penalties on people which would just invariably extend the pandemic.

GT89 wrote: »
    I already have the best vaccine of them all called my immune system.

Yeah good luck with that

And good luck with travel and attending events for at least the next 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭JPup

Mr Velo wrote: »
    If one was to turn 45 in the first few days of June can one be counted in the 45-49 ? :confused:

It'll be open to 44 years olds before June anyway, so won't make a difference to you.

Mr Velo wrote: »

Try not to overthink these things you maybe called even quicker than you think. As they start to get on to the 40s and lower, take up will be lower. I already know a considerable number of people in their 40s and 30s who are all declining the vaccine.

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Yea. Don’t want it

Which one?

All? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭Russman

dashoonage wrote: »
    lads/ladies/antivaxers

how many days was between registration for 50 and 49 ?

I think the 50 year olds registered on 13th May, so 6 days would be my guess.

J&J, Pfizer, Moderna and AZ in that order if I had a choice but will take what they have

Interesting order

Why J&J first? One shot and done?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Russman wrote: »
    I think the 50 year olds registered on 13th May, so 6 days would be my guess.

oh to only hope that they go straight into the 40-44 year old's and the 6 days after the end of that the 35-39's!!!!

I dont think ive ever looked forward to getting a needle before!!!

JP100 wrote: »
    I already know a considerable number of people in their 40s and 30s who are all declining the vaccine.

They're declining all? Or just AZ/Jansson?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

GT89 wrote: »
    I already have the best vaccine of them all called my immune system.

Did you just try to question the efficacy of vaccines by saying your immune system will fight the virus?

You know how vaccines work, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

ShineOn7 wrote: »

Sure that age group haven't even been offered it yet unless their considered high risk.

I don't believe for a second that large numbers at high risk would be rejecting a vaccine. They're high risk for a reason

Interesting Tweet

https://twitter.com/MichealLehane/status/1394627382091386884

So my understanding is this group will be offered Pfizer/Moderna until it runs out for this particular group ("mRNA vaccines will initially be available for this group"

Then AZ/Jansson will be offered, but the 40-49 group has the right to turn it down if they wish (as per article below)

And then they'll be at the back of the queue for Pfizer/Moderna

That's my understanding of it

People in their 40s set to get choice of AstraZeneca and J&J, or wait for mRNA vaccine

https://www.thejournal.ie/johnson-and-johnson-niac-recommendation-5434017-May2021/

Interesting Tweet

So my understanding is this group will be offered Pfizer/Moderna until it runs out for this particular group ("mRNA vaccines will initially be available for this group"

Then AZ/Jansson will be offered, but the 40-49 group has the right to turn it down if they wish (as per article below)

https://www.thejournal.ie/johnson-and-johnson-niac-recommendation-5434017-May2021/

Not really no, it'll be like the example of Greystones today.

They've no Pfizer available there today, everyone attending offered AZ instead, vast majority accepting it no bother. If they don't want to they're being told they'll have new appointments in the next week or so

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Interesting Tweet

Do they not just get rescheduled to an appointment a couple of days later when a different vaccine is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Russman asked if there's any reason to refuse AZ/J&J if offered, if you have no concerns about the risk. You replied with:

"Based on your own perceived level of risk it really depends how long you are prepared to wait. The back of the queue might not start until nearer September."

You're clearly suggesting that if someone doesn't consent to AZ/J&J on their first appointment, they go to the back of the queue. That is a misinterpretation of the advice.

Nobody mentioned anything about rejecting two appointments. In any case, exercising the choice that NIAC has provided is not the same thing as rejecting an appointment.
    It's really none of this at all but it's always interesting to see how posters can make posts do other things.
    If you say I want either AZ/J&J and there is none you may be waiting. If you say you want one and not the other and there is none you may be waiting. If you say I don't want either you may well be waiting. That is the perceived risk of waiting. All perfectly clear.

• Advertisement

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Do they not just get rescheduled to an appointment a couple of days later when a different vaccine is available.

Not necessarily a few days, for most it could well be a week or twos delay maybe but it all depends on delivery schedules and how many doses are allocated to what centers, first dose requirements, second doses etc.

As the HSE have said, they're still working out how they can offer AZ & J&J to the 40's so the process could well change in the coming period

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

I was just reading the HSE list now and realized I am in Cohort 7 and am entitled to a vaccine despite being in my early 30's. How do I get it?

theguzman wrote: »
    I was just reading the HSE list now and realized I am in Cohort 7 and am entitled to a vaccine despite being in my early 30's. How do I get it?

GP is your first port of call in that case.

theguzman wrote: »

There seems to be a stand alone Cohort 7/GP thread developing here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058186800

And rightly so

• Registered Users Posts: 21 aineo

Thanks for this. Hadn't seen it. There's been no update since then so assuming nothing bad has happened with AZ And clot risk since then. I'm in my 50s.

is_that_so wrote: »
    It's really none of this at all but it's always interesting to see how posters can make posts do other things.
    If you say I want either AZ/J&J and there is none you may be waiting. If you say you want one and not the other and there is none you may be waiting. If you say I don't want either you may well be waiting. That is the perceived risk of waiting. All perfectly clear.

Look there's no point in getting into a big back and forth, but you did say that someone in their 40s who waits for an mRNA vaccine (as they are being given the option to do) could be waiting til September due to being put to the back of the queue. That's not me "making posts do other things." It's what you said. And it's not true, which is why I (and several other posters) responded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Rasmus wrote: »
    Anyone here in early 50s in Dublin South? Have you had the text yet?
    Im 53 registered last Monday ie 10th,
    No text yet. :confused:

Declining the vaccine regardless. I was quite taken aback myself as these people wouldn't be what you call antivaxxers. One lady in her late 30s simply remarked to me that she is young and healthy and that she would be alright if she got Covid. I simply left the conversation then as it is not my place to lecture or try to convince anybody one way or the other about vaccines and what is ultimately one's own personal decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Im 53 registered last Monday ie 10th,
    No text yet. :confused:

I’m 58, registered on 4th, no appt yet, have looked on portal, no appt there either. I might give them a ring tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,086 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Not really no, it'll be like the example of Greystones today.
    The lesson of Greystones today was: bring an umbrella!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement