Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Lumen wrote: »
    The lesson of Greystones today was: bring an umbrella!

That too. 10 minutes later you wouldn't know it had been lashing

• Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

aineo wrote: »
    Anyone got the AZ? The mixed messaging regarding this vaccine makes me nervous! I haven't heard of any clotting cases in Ireland though so I guess that's good news.

Yes, I got it last week. I felt quite tired the next day and (as if I had a head cold) but that was about it. Woke up the following day and I was fully back to normal.

I would say definitely take it you are offered. Those mild symptoms wouldn't be a good enough reason to decline it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Peckham

What is the situation regarding excess vaccines each day at the vaccine centre?

If what's on the grapevine is correct, there will be a reasonable number of excess AZ in Greystones today. What happens to them? Is there a system in place for distributing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,848 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

aineo wrote: »
    Anyone got the AZ? The mixed messaging regarding this vaccine makes me nervous! I haven't heard of any clotting cases in Ireland though so I guess that's good news.

Got it last week. Not as much as a sore arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Peckham wrote: »
    What is the situation regarding excess vaccines each day at the vaccine centre?

If what's on the grapevine is correct, there will be a reasonable number of excess AZ in Greystones today. What happens to them? Is there a system in place for distributing them?

Each vaccine has a shelf life once opened. AZ once opened needs to be discarded after 6 hours. I believe there are 10 injections per vial, might be 20. The rest are unopened in a fridge. They have a 6 month expiration date from production, but you’d hope we aren’t seeing issues with that.

So anything opened and unused at the end of the day get discarded. There will be some, but you would hope it’s not much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,446 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

the AZ one gave me flu like symptoms for one night and a bit washed out the next day. Literally nothing all day the day I got it, going up stairs to go to bed and suddenly my teeth started shattering and was shivery , nothing too bad though

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Baybay

Peckham wrote: »

There may not be an excess to a great extent as many were down to receive Pfizer but AZ was offered & in a lot of cases, accepted instead.

ddarcy wrote: »
    Each vaccine has a shelf life once opened. AZ once opened needs to be discarded after 6 hours. I believe there are 10 injections per vial, might be 20. The rest are unopened in a fridge. They have a 6 month expiration date from production, but you’d hope we aren’t seeing issues with that.

So anything opened/ unused at the end of the day get discarded.

The vials should only be opened as they're needed though, so there shouldn't be much wastage if they manage it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Flying Fox wrote: »
    The vials should only be opened as they're needed though, so there shouldn't be much wastage if they manage it right.

Yeah I’d imagine they could go through a vial in 2 hours and as the day progresses near the end you start seeing shared vials. Really should only be one with any solution in it discarded at the close of managed properly (this will be inevitable unless you get the exact number in )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Im 53 registered last Monday ie 10th,
    No text yet. :confused:

Did you check the portal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Question on AZ -

Do other Countries (apart from Ireland) consider people to be fully vaccinated 4 weeks after the 1st Dose of AZ ?

I read that it is not considered to be full vaccination for international travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Mother got her first dose, in PUC today. Said it was very organized, in and out in around 25/30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

OK, Registered online on the 10th May. Recieved Appointment today for 21st in Laois. Age 53 so in fairness that's faster than I expected. Pfizer is the vacinne.

However.....

As previously explained, my GP contacted me on Friday 14th May as I'm high risk and offered 1st dose this Friday.

Just to advise, I had to call HSE live and get the HSE appointment cancelled as I didn't want someone loosing out etc etc.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Im 53 registered last Monday ie 10th,
    No text yet. :confused:
    Up to three weeks is the official period but judging by posters some areas are way faster than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Can someone start making up some daily vaccine numbers so I can get my fix please?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭mun1

Just to note I’m 51 and registered last week. I didn’t receive any text about appointment , but when i went into the portal where i registered previously i had to give consent and go through a medical questionnaire before appointment was confirmed.
    Received a text straight away for this Thursday .
    Worth checking for anyone who hasn’t heard anything and maybe should have at this stage.
    Receiving moderna vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,086 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Question on AZ -

Do other Countries (apart from Ireland) consider people to be fully vaccinated 4 weeks after the 1st Dose of AZ ?

I read that it is not considered to be full vaccination for international travel.

From what I can tell, the digital green cert proposal is not prescriptive about this, although it is in other respects such as the type of tests that will be accepted. It is detailed about what is recorded w.r.t vaccinations, and that includes number of doses given and dates of vaccination.

That suggests to me by design that it will be within the competence of the arrival country to set the standards for what they will allow.

I would expect an element of reciprocation (as we have seen previously), and it may be that all countries can agree on the same (permissive) criteria, because there is a clear incentive for countries with significant tourist industries to be more permissive, and that creates single market issues.

tldr: I would be surprised if one dose of AZ proved insufficient to avoid the need to provide a clear test result.

Source: https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/qanda_21_1187

edit: that source is from 17 March, I'll look for something more recent.

edit #2: this is from a few minutes ago, there is a meeting tonight about it https://www.politico.eu/article/eus-coronavirus-travel-plan-faces-make-or-break-moment-covid-green-certificates/

probably one for the travel thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 franklv

Hi everyone and apologies in advance if this has already been answered:

Can people turn up at a vaccine centre at the end of the day for surplus doses?

Please don't reply "no" if you're just assuming it's not possible — I know it's unlikely to work most times but my friend did get a vaccine that way in the West.

I'd be very interested in concrete experiences of people that have tried or an explicit statement in HSE policy that it isn't permitted or a HSE statement on how they allocate surplus doses.

franklv wrote: »

Please don't reply "no" if you're just assuming it's not possible — I know it's unlikely to work most times but my friend did get a vaccine that way in the West.

I'd be very interested in concrete experiences of people that have tried or an explicit statement in HSE policy that it isn't permitted or a HSE statement on how they allocate surplus doses.

You answered your own question though..your friend got it that way in the West.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Your mate either got lucky or has an underlying health issue that they want to keep private. Personally, I'm either jealous about that friend of yours or happy for them but best to be happy for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Just got my text! Vaccine Thursday! Exactly a week from registering. I’m 50 and it says i’m getting the pfizer. Another step towards normality…

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Just got my text! Vaccine Thursday! Exactly a week from registering. I’m 50 and it says i’m getting the pfizer. Another step towards normality…

Do you mind saying where you're based?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Rasmus wrote: »
    Do you mind saying where you're based?

Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

No, it’s not possible. There are procedures in place for surplus vaccines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

OH is 54..no text yet...can she check on portal?
    What's the portal link to check?

Zipppy wrote: »
    OH is 54..no text yet...can she check on portal?
    What's the portal link to check?

https://vaccine3.hse.ie/s/login/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I wouldn't have thought so. The system seems to be highly regulated with everything being recorded and entered into the database. People just turning up on the off chance wouldn't fit in with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

is_that_so wrote: »

Thank you....

She says 'Awaiting appointment 1' :(
    HELP!!

Thank you....

HELP!!
    So nothing yet that sounds like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Thank you....

HELP!!

Dont go by the portal . Mine said awaiting appointments 3 days after I got the text with an appointment

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement