Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Stark wrote: »
    I think they were estimating somewhere between 200 and 300k AZ doses will go to waste (we still have carry over from March to use). Not disastrous given the recent Pfizer news though I really hope there's some pragmatism when it comes to J&J.

Some Curevac doses in June would be nice.

I can still see the AZ age being lowered. 45 seems to be a good number to me and I think when the 50-60 group starts rolling out that it will change to cover this group as well; so that won’t be until early May at best. Could be wrong, but that’s what I think will eventually happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

great news, what level of vaccination are they at, I know some large sections of their population were vaccine hesitant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

seamie78 wrote: »
    great news, what level of vaccination are they at, I know some large sections of their population were vaccine hesitant

60% ish, they actually have supply issues too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

I presume RTE will be leading with this story today then? :rolleyes:

Hell no, they are in a nursing home in Leitrim where the residents are distraught that the Wednesday afternoon bingo hasn't re-started yet.

https://twitter.com/coronavirusgoo1/status/1382324594498011137?s=21

Interesting…….

On other news RTE reporting we are getting 545k extra pfizer vaccines.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The head of the GPs association mentioned it but looking at the numbers I can't see that happening.

Need about 220k for 2nd doses and then I'm going to say the roughly 300k (could be more) in the 60-69 age group is going to be AZ as well. 2 doses there.

They'll use most of it factoring in some of the 60-69 will be vaccinated as part of the at risk groups with Pfizer or Moderna

Anyone in the 60-69 age group who gets first dosed in April won't be due second dose until Q3 so I think that's where "200k - 300k of Q2 supply going unused" comes from. We'll probably be getting more supply again in Q3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

Hurrache wrote: »
    Yes, top story on their new page and one of the first on their Radio 1 news bulletin.

I'm convinced lads on this forum are fairly detached from reality when they whinge that RTE are only interested in bad news and runs from the good.

reality is rte is a click bait organisation running on clicks for bad news and state sponsored bullsh1t to keep us locked up they have been spreading fear and terror for 15 months on this covid-you might have missed this yourself for the last year or something

• Advertisement

reality is rte is a click bait organisation running on clicks for bad news and state sponsored bullsh1t to keep us locked up they have been spreading fear and terror for 15 months on this covid-you might have missed this yourself for the last year or something

Its conformation bias - people expect to see bad news on RTE and have decided that all RTE present on Covid is bad news so thats all they see / hear.

In reality, there are just as many positive as negative stories

550148.JPG

Its conformation bias - people expect to see bad news on RTE and have decided that all RTE present on Covid is bad news so thats all they see / hear.

550148.JPG

cool stories bro

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Elessar wrote: »
    ?width=630&version=5402736

Add 500k to that for Pfizer, so taking out AZ and, presumably, J&J, leaves 3m doses between Moderna and Pfizer for Q2.

Good .
    No need to remove AZ as yet because those doses will be used on the 60 to 69 age group and 2 nd doses.
    And we might have J& J back soon too .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

India has approved the Sputnik V vaccine

cool story bro

Translation - "I will not let reality impinge on my rage!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Translation - "I will not let reality impinge on my rage!
    It's a fact that RTE have been a joke during this, this isn't the thread to discuss it so I won't be saying further, but it's a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

That's just not true. And you know why people expect to see bad news? Because they more often than not focus on the negatives. Case in point this morning on Morning Ireland and their presenters (whether they are ill-informed or ignorant is another matter) choosing to discuss the J&J vaccine as if the pause is permanent. Not mentioning that the FDA said it would only take a matter of days. That is selective journalism, and misrepresentation of the facts.

that raind has his own agenda perhaps hes lees love child

I think you may have meant to quote somebody else, your post doesn't seem to have any relevance to the point I made.

No . I am replying to your assertion that young people are being asked to take a vaccine that is a danger to them .

It's a fact that RTE have been a joke during this, this isn't the thread to discuss it so I won't be saying further, but it's a fact.

Everyday every significant positive story is greeted with a chorus of posters declaring "you wont hear a word of it on RTE" usually followed within a short period of time with it being reported on RTE. Its tiresome in the extreme

• Advertisement

funnydoggy wrote: »
    That Israeli good news

Yes . What a pity they aren't ensuring that the Palestinians are getting their supplies.
    Then it really would be " hurrah for Israel"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Everyday every significant positive story is greeted with a chorus of posters declaring "you wont hear a word of it on RTE" usually followed within a short period of time with it being reported on RTE. Its tiresome in the extreme

I agree in general, but every evening on the news there's at least 2 "And here's Mary Murphy, living in rural Cavan...." followed by some tediously boring self-story.
    We all have our own story from this pandemic - we don't need to be bombarded with more of them.
    If they need that to fill the 6 o'clock news, they should shorten it instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭josip

SJFly wrote: »
    It will be very interesting to watch UK figures compared to Israel, with the different mix of vaccines. Of course there are lots of other variables, be we can certainly learn a lot from the counties coming out of this ahead of us.

Given that the 'coming out' will be a protracted affair, I wouldn't be so sure that the UK will fully emerge before we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Screenshot-2020-11-20-RTE-Ireland-s-National-Television-and-Radio-Broadcaster.jpg

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115357824&postcount=9650

Took this scrolling screenshot on the morning of the 20th of November about RTÉ burying good news. The good news is more than halfway down the page, *well* below the fold. What's front and center? A hospital outbreak story, not the article with the good news about a 90% drop in fatality from the second wave. RTÉ is, and have always been, shítty.

Anyway, last I'm saying because it's gonna derail the thread.

I agree in general, but every evening on the news there's at least 2 "And here's Mary Murphy, living in rural Cavan...." followed by some tediously boring self-story.
    We all have our own story from this pandemic - we don't need to be bombarded with more of them.
    If they need that to fill the 6 o'clock news, they should shorten it instead.

The journalism in RTE is generally sh*te and lazy. Doesn't mean outright nonsense should be left unchallenged

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Hi everyone let’s start listening to this architect that’s knows so much about Covid! What a gombeen!! You’ve the likes of Staines et all liking her tweets then!

https://twitter.com/orla_hegarty/status/1381900726214008833?s=21

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

RTÉ’s top story is about the extra vaccines and their 2nd story is about Zebo returning to Munster.

They’re all out with the good news today.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Debub

India has approved the Sputnik V vaccine

not for regular use as yet
    "Dr Reddy's Laboratories on Tuesday said that it has received permission from the Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) to import Sputnik vaccine into India for restricted use in emergency situations"

Read more at:
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/82043761.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

• Advertisement

Cork2021 wrote: »
    Hi everyone let’s start listening to this architect that’s knows so much about Covid! What a gombeen!! You’ve the likes of Staines et all liking her tweets then!

https://twitter.com/orla_hegarty/status/1381900726214008833?s=21

And these 2 gombeens too :pac::

https://twitter.com/jrd0000/status/1381895336256475140?s=21

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement