Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

Are people finding differences in wait times if they register on the day they or supposed to or if they do so on the first day the full age range opens. Seeing the range of aged who have/ have not had the vaccine makes me think it’s possible that should 45 year olds register on the first day of 45-49 they may be behind 49 year olds on that day, but ahead of those on subsequent days.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Voguementol

mun1 wrote: »
    Just to note I’m 51 and registered last week. I didn’t receive any text about appointment , but when i went into the portal where i registered previously i had to give consent and go through a medical questionnaire before appointment was confirmed.
    Received a text straight away for this Thursday .
    Worth checking for anyone who hasn’t heard anything and maybe should have at this stage.
    Receiving moderna vaccine.

My sister hasnt heard anything. I told her to log into the portal and she said she couldnt. She said it wont let her as she has registered already. What does she need to do to log back in. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭stabilio

Apols if someone has already had an answer to this.... why are under 50s being offered a choice of vaccines.... if they don't want the AZ/J&J they can wait for the mRNA ones? Is this because of the risk around blood clots?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

My sister hasnt heard anything. I told her to log into the portal and she said she couldnt. She said it wont let her as she has registered already. What does she need to do to log back in. thanks

Try this link https://vaccine3.hse.ie/s/login/

Are people finding differences in wait times if they register on the day they or supposed to or if they do so on the first day the full age range opens. Seeing the range of aged who have/ have not had the vaccine makes me think it’s possible that should 45 year olds register on the first day of 45-49 they may be behind 49 year olds on that day, but ahead of those on subsequent days.
    It looks like location is a bigger factor. Anecdotally, the big Dublin MVCs are flying, Cork too. It doesn't seem to be uniform as some places are still doing the 60s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭JPup

franklv wrote: »
    Hi everyone and apologies in advance if this has already been answered:

Can people turn up at a vaccine centre at the end of the day for surplus doses?

Please don't reply "no" if you're just assuming it's not possible — I know it's unlikely to work most times but my friend did get a vaccine that way in the West.

I'd be very interested in concrete experiences of people that have tried or an explicit statement in HSE policy that it isn't permitted or a HSE statement on how they allocate surplus doses.

A neighbour of my in-laws turned up at the vaccination centre (I think Aviva) with her husband. Both late 60s. He had an appointment and she didn't. Apparently she blagged her way in anyway. Or at least, that what she's telling people.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

is_that_so wrote: »
    It looks like location is a bigger factor. Anecdotally, the big Dublin MVCs are flying, Cork too. It doesn't seem to be uniform as some places are still doing the 60s.

Dublin might be flying but still people in their 60's in the area waiting weeks now for an appointment.

Dublin might be flying but still people in their 60's in the area waiting weeks now for an appointment.
    I know, I did say that. Also know of 60+ people still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

is_that_so wrote: »
    I know, I did say that. Also know of 60+ people still waiting.

I wonder why. One of the agents they spoke to said they'll get an appointment when one is available but there must be appointments for 60's as now they're taking 50's and 40's. Their kids will be vaccinated before them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

mun1 wrote: »
    Just to note I’m 51 and registered last week. I didn’t receive any text about appointment , but when i went into the portal where i registered previously i had to give consent and go through a medical questionnaire before appointment was confirmed.
    Received a text straight away for this Thursday .
    Worth checking for anyone who hasn’t heard anything and maybe should have at this stage.
    Receiving moderna vaccine.

When you logged back in, what did it day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Samob

I just logged into my account on the portal. I’m waiting for my appointment for 8 days. There’s a pale grey graphic with a series of stages - registered for a vaccine, awaiting appointment 1, appointment 1 scheduled, consent given, dose 1 medical questions answered, dose 1 received, awaiting appointment 2 ....dose 2 received. I called the helpline twice to make sure my account is properly registered and they said I need to wait for my text. Does anyone else see this graphic on the portal when they log in? Any advice would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭rogber

Apologies if this has been answered already but 621 thread pages would be a lot to search through:

Do you have to be resident in Ireland to get vaccine there or is being an Irish citizen sufficient?
    What personal information is requested when you register? I'm in the over 40s group and think it might be quicker to get done in Ireland than wait for a slot here in Germany, where it's a free for all irrespective of age.

I wonder why. One of the agents they spoke to said they'll get an appointment when one is available but there must be appointments for 60's as now they're taking 50's and 40's. Their kids will be vaccinated before them!
    My own theory is location and the availability of a reasonably sized MVC. Areas like Meath and Louth, for example, are not well covered by MVCs and it does seem to be a lot slower there.

Samob wrote: »
    I just logged into my account on the portal. I’m waiting for my appointment for 8 days. There’s a pale grey graphic with a series of stages - registered for a vaccine, awaiting appointment 1, appointment 1 scheduled, consent given, dose 1 medical questions answered, dose 1 received, awaiting appointment 2 ....dose 2 received. I called the helpline twice to make sure my account is properly registered and they said I need to wait for my text. Does anyone else see this graphic on the portal when they log in? Any advice would be appreciated.
    That sounds like you've registered and nothing has happened yet. As the HSE said, just wait for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Was one of the options highlighted?

Like in attachment...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,848 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

That's the norm. My wife is at the same stage as you for the past three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Mother just got her vaccine at PUC, in and out in 25 mins.

RTE reporting high risk groups can register on the portal tomorrow if not yet contacted by their GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Mother just got her vaccine at PUC, in and out in 25 mins.

RTE reporting high risk groups can register on the portal tomorrow if not yet contacted by their GP.

Saw that - sounds like a free for all will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,085 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

rogber wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been answered already but 621 thread pages would be a lot to search through:

Do you have to be resident in Ireland to get vaccine there or is being an Irish citizen sufficient?
    What personal information is requested when you register? I'm in the over 40s group and think it might be quicker to get done in Ireland than wait for a slot here in Germany, where it's a free for all irrespective of age.

From the portal...

To register online you need:

- a mobile phone number
    - an email address
    - your PPS number – here's how to find your PPS number
    - your Eircode – you can find your Eircode here or you can enter your address in the registration system

Unless you're going to be here for at least 5 days you'd have to break quarantine, which carries the threat of a 5k fine and/or prison.

Also, Germany is ahead of us so it's unethical.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Brother in law age 52 got appointment for Saturday (cork) , 2 weeks after registering which is great. Being offered Janssen says dose 1 appointment , have not heard of anyone else being offered this jab, anyone else? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Van.Bosch wrote: »

How is this managed does anyone know? What's stopping anyone just registering? I'm assuming a person registers and their details go to their GP for approval?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Has anyone in there 40's who had the first AZ been offered the 2nd? I would have been due my 2nd in a couple of weeks but have no clue now. When it's supposed to happen.
    This has probably been covered already sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Has anyone in there 40's who had the first AZ been offered the 2nd? I would have been due my 2nd in a couple of weeks but have no clue now. When it's supposed to happen.
    This has probably been covered already sorry

A family member had her 2nd AZ last week. She does work in a hospital mind. Early 40's

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Posted before about the vaccine interval and when your considered vaccinated. Looks like the government here knew something when it was decided 1 dose of AZ would be considered vaccinated

https://twitter.com/BrusselsTimes/status/1394718965021220869?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭rogber

Lumen wrote: »
    From the portal...

To register online you need:

- a mobile phone number
    - an email address
    - your PPS number – here's how to find your PPS number
    - your Eircode – you can find your Eircode here or you can enter your address in the registration system

Unless you're going to be here for at least 5 days you'd have to break quarantine, which carries the threat of a 5k fine and/or prison.

Also, Germany is ahead of us so it's unethical.

I'm going to be in Ireland for several weeks, not 5 days, and as I said Germany has a free for all policy regarding age so will very likely take longer here.
    I pay taxes and expensive public health insurance so don't have any ethical qualms at all as an EU citizen.

Thanks for the remainig info, it's useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Van.Bosch wrote: »

How can this possibly work? Not that I’m against it - they’ll probably have to verify with their GPs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

It would appear so. When allocating appointments they will not wait until all of that age group have registered but will start allocating day by day.
    A difference of a few days between people of the same age is not important to anyone except the individuals themselves.
    I don't mean that in a harsh way btw.
    It is stressful to hear that some people are getting their jabs while others still waiting.
    Think it's particularly bad for those 16 to 65 s with high risk conditions so hopefully they will get priority now in the MVCs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

rogber wrote: »
    I'm going to be in Ireland for several weeks, not 5 days, and as I said Germany has a free for all policy regarding age so will very likely take longer here.
    I pay taxes and expensive public health insurance so don't have any ethical qualms at all as an EU citizen.

Thanks for the remainig info, it's useful.

I think you'll need to get someone to book it on this side if you do or get an irish ip, I don't think website will let you book from outside Ireland. Wizard spider have no issue though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Posted before about the vaccine interval and when your considered vaccinated. Looks like the government here knew something when it was decided 1 dose of AZ would be considered vaccinated

https://twitter.com/BrusselsTimes/status/1394718965021220869?s=19

I can't see anything but 1 vaccine being enough standing before the courts.

Your protection after 1 dose of any 2 dose vaccine is up there with J&J. If they accept J&J as fully vaccinated they have to accept 1 dose of the others. Otherwise the travel industry will be straight into the courts with a test case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Samob

No nothing is highlighted. Sounds like I just need to wait.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement