Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

How can this possibly work? Not that I’m against it - they’ll probably have to verify with their GPs.

Saw someone say it’s maybe just people in C4 or C7 who are over 45, which is nothing new.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭zebastein

How is this managed does anyone know? What's stopping anyone just registering? I'm assuming a person registers and their details go to their GP for approval?

My guess is... It is not managed.
    They are reaching the end of the list of "vulnerable" people. They open the registration through the portal, so that nobody can say that there are vulnerable people who were waiting for their GP, and then they can open to everyone.

We are reaching a point (or close to) where supply is not the blocker anymore, so there is no point adding a layer of GP approval and delay everyone. Time to stop being jealous of the neighbour who got the vaccine earlier. There are not enough high risk people now to vaccinate them only if we want to go beyond 300k people a week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0518/1222296-coronavirus-ireland/

People without a PPS Number can register from tomorrow onward, no mention of age restrictions.

So anyone undocumented in the country can register before citizens under 45?

Or have I got that wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Has anyone in there 40's who had the first AZ been offered the 2nd? I would have been due my 2nd in a couple of weeks but have no clue now. When it's supposed to happen.
    This has probably been covered already sorry

You will get a call to get your 2nd one, but at 16 weeks if not high risk.
    That is what has been happening now for many hcws who have had AZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭return guide

Brother in law age 52 got appointment for Saturday (cork) , 2 weeks after registering which is great. Being offered Janssen says dose 1 appointment , have not heard of anyone else being offered this jab, anyone else? thanks

My wife 54 getting Janssen (J+J) in the Helix on Friday, which will be two weeks after registering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,833 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The Master wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0518/1222296-coronavirus-ireland/

People without a PPS Number can register from tomorrow onward, no mention of age restrictions.

So anyone undocumented in the country can register before citizens under 45?

Or have I got that wrong?

I'm not quite sure. Anyone over the age of 49 who has not yet received a vaccine would be entitled to register on the portal anyway.

It's less clear what happens with high risk people aged 49 or under. Would they need to provide proof of some description they are high risk?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

How can this possibly work? Not that I’m against it - they’ll probably have to verify with their GPs.

Nothing new, it's still age based

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1394723644341903364?s=19

zebastein wrote: »
    My guess is... It is not managed.
    They are reaching the end of the list of "vulnerable" people. They open the registration through the portal, so that nobody can say that there are vulnerable people who were waiting for their GP, and then they can open to everyone.

We are reaching a point (or close to) where supply is not the blocker anymore, so there is no point adding a layer of GP approval and delay everyone. Time to stop being jealous of the neighbour we got the vaccine earlier. There are not enough high risk people now to vaccinate them only if we want to go beyond 300k people a week.

They are not "reaching the end of vulnerable", on the contrary. That group have only had a small percentage vaccinated by GPs. Unless the hospitals have vaccinated them in groups 4 or as hcws, but according to official numbers most are waiting to be vaccinated still.
    Hence the push to get them done now in MVCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭stabilio

My wife 54 getting Janssen (J+J) in the Helix on Friday, which will be two weeks after registering.

I'm also getting J&J Friday in the Helix (F 53).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,833 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

stabilio wrote: »
    I'm also getting J&J Friday in the Helix (F 53).

We were due a big delivery of J & J around now, so that might explain it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭zebastein

Goldengirl wrote: »
    They are not "reaching the end of vulnerable", on the contrary. That group have only had a small percentage vaccinated by GPs. Unless the hospitals have vaccinated them in groups 4 or as hcws, but according to official numbers most are waiting to be vaccinated still.
    Hence the push to get them done now in MVCs.

Last metrics we have is 270k vaccinated 7days ago. We are probably around 330-350k now.

Group 4 was for people up to 69years old
    Group 7 was for people up to 64years old.
    The sum of these 2 groups was 600k people. But a lot of group 7 (50 to 64yo)were vaccinated/have an appointment in their group age.

How many people do you think remain to register on the portal? We are talking about high risk people under 45yo. 100/150k people? That is less than 2 weeks to get through them

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Mother just got her vaccine at PUC, in and out in 25 mins.

RTE reporting high risk groups can register on the portal tomorrow if not yet contacted by their GP.

RTE says the following

“People at very high risk, or high risk, of Covid-19 due to underlying conditions can register for their vaccination from tomorrow, if they are aged 45-49 and have not yet got an appointment from their hospital or GP.”

My reading of this is that only high risk people aged over 45 can register.

Brother in law age 52 got appointment for Saturday (cork) , 2 weeks after registering which is great. Being offered Janssen says dose 1 appointment , have not heard of anyone else being offered this jab, anyone else? thanks

Good to see J&J being rolled out now. Where in Cork is he getting this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

revelman wrote: »
    RTE says the following

“People at very high risk, or high risk, of Covid-19 due to underlying conditions can register for their vaccination from tomorrow, if they are aged 45-49 and have not yet got an appointment from their hospital or GP.”

RTE's tweet doesn't specify the age so nevermind

RTE says the following

Correct

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1394727386361520128?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

RTE says the following

So do we think they are going to try to accelerate the vaccination of the vulnerable cohort 7s through MVC by accelerating them on an age scale alongside the regular age cohorts?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/q-a-so-will-40-49s-get-the-janssen-vaccine-soon-it-s-not-that-simple-1.4568699

Two interesting pieces of information in this article from “senior sources”

1. Talk of ditching the age-based approach from next month once the country is flooded with vaccines.
    2. Talk of distributing J&J through pharmacies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

That's an interesting update re: tomorrow's registrations are for Cohort 4 and 7 only

Will the portal know this info via a PPS number alone?

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    That's an interesting update re: tomorrow's registrations are for Cohort 4 and 7 only

This is not my interpretation. It is also generally opening for 45-49 though apparently calling 49 first as they usually do.

ShineOn7 wrote: »

No that's not what it means.

When they say registration open for those in group 4 or 7 who've yet to be vaccinated or healthcare workers who didn't get an appointment they must be between ages 45-49, this stops a free for all.

age 49 opens tomorrow and 48 Thursday etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/q-a-so-will-40-49s-get-the-janssen-vaccine-soon-it-s-not-that-simple-1.4568699

Two interesting pieces of information in this article from “senior sources”

1. Talk of ditching the age-based approach from next month once the country is flooded with vaccines.
    2. Talk of distributing J&J through pharmacies.

I'm not a subscriber so can't read it. Are they hinting at under 40s will just be one group and everyone in that age group 18 to 39 can register at the same time?

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    I'm not a subscriber so can't read it. Are they hinting at under 40s will just be one group and everyone in that age group 18 to 39 can register at the same time?

Apparently they are saying “privately” that this could be the best approach. But they are also worried about a free for all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

zebastein wrote: »
    Last metrics we have is 270k vaccinated 7days ago. We are probably around 330-350k now.

Group 4 was for people up to 69years old
    Group 7 was for people up to 64years old.
    The sum of these 2 groups was 600k people. But a lot of group 7 (50 to 64yo)were vaccinated/have an appointment in their group age.

How many people do you think remain to register on the portal? We are talking about high risk people under 45yo. 100/150k people? That is less than 2 weeks to get through them

By your calculations there :) that would be 50% ish left to be done. This group was meant to be done in conjunction with the vulnerable over 60s so should be given priority in MVCs and hopefully be done by end of May?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Just talking to a friend there on the phone. Very exciting to be finally able to register this week.

2 Questions - What time does the portal open in the mornings ?
    Can you use 1 Email address for 2 different people ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Apparently they are saying “privately” that this could be the best approach. But they are also worried about a free for all.

Risks to under 40s are low and those in their late teens/20s will be more socially active on average so perhaps that's the reasoning behind it. They know if they decided to go with younger ages ahead of 30s there would be drama so they can avoid that like this. Personally I think its wise if they do open up to all under 40 at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ObserverOFlife

Does anyone know how long the vaccine works for?

Also, if one decides not to get it yet, will there be a fee for it if you decide, say to get it in 6 months time?

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Risks to under 40s are low and those in their late teens/20s will be more socially active on average so perhaps that's the reasoning behind it. They know if they decided to go with younger ages ahead of 30s there would be drama so they can avoid that like this. Personally I think its wise if they do open up to all under 40 at the same time.

I would have thought that it would be all group 7 under 40 first then go down through the decades but maybe they have a reliable source telling them otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

The reality is that anyone of ANY AGE can register anytime they want . They are relying on people’s good will not to register ahead of time .
    In theory it makes no difference to when you are called
    But it’s the HSE so ........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Def_IRL

Portal is working right now... for any DoB from 1976.

I've just done a few tests with the portal and anyone with a DoB older than 1976 can register right now rather than having to wait until it officially opens tomorrow.

Just select the 50-69 year old selection box rather than the 'other age category' box within the initial screen and it WILL accept any DoBs now from 1976.

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Just talking to a friend there on the phone. Very exciting to be finally able to register this week.

2 Questions - What time does the portal open in the mornings ?
    Can you use 1 Email address for 2 different people ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement