Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Def_IRL wrote: »
    Portal is working right now... for any DoB from 1976.

I've just done a few tests with the portal and anyone with a DoB older than 1976 can register right now rather than having to wait until it officially opens tomorrow.

Just select the 50-69 year old selection box rather than the 'other age category' box within the initial screen and it WILL accept any DoBs now from 1976.

You were never stopped based on your year if you were in that particular range, it's a means of management for those in that group.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Portal is working right now... for any DoB from 1976.

I've just done a few tests with the portal and anyone with a DoB older than 1976 can register right now rather than having to wait until it officially opens tomorrow.

Just select the 50-69 year old selection box rather than the 'other age category' box within the initial screen and it WILL accept any DoBs now from 1976.

It will accept any dates of birth full stop !

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

km79 wrote: »

Just tried 1978 and I'd doesn't accept it(full stop)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Quick question currently 44 and will be 45 end of next week so by the time I get called for vaccine I will be 45 . Will it let me register this week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,085 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I registered with a 1974 dob.

• Advertisement

harr wrote: »
    Quick question currently 44 and will be 45 end of next week so by the time I get called for vaccine I will be 45 . Will it let me register this week ?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Def_IRL

Incorrect...try it and see.

The cohorts can self register from tomorrow
    How will that be policed?
    Sure anyone could say they're in one

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

No, they can’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

You know you have to produce ID verification and would be surprised if high risk did not have to produce a long term illness card or at the very least a doctors letter to prove that they actually are who they are claiming to be!

• Advertisement

Incorrect...try it and see.

I do indeed stand corrected !
    A friend of mine (mid 40s) was adamant they registered last week , sent me the screen shot and was urging me to do the same .
    Must have been pulling my leg

So if it’s cut off by year then 44 year olds might get lucky if they are born in 1976

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Def_IRL

RTE said that it's also open to those without underlying conditions this week as below

'The registration will also open for the 45-49 age group, starting with those aged 49. Registration will be available for people aged 48 on Thursday, 47 on Friday, 46 on Saturday and 45 on Sunday'

When I haven’t been on this forum for a while, the first thing I always do is go back a few pages and read the posts. There is so much repetition of the same inaccurate information tonight!

A friend of mine (mid 40s) was adamant they registered last week , sent me the screen shot and was urging me to do the same .

So if it’s cut off by year then 44 year olds might get lucky if they are born in 1976

The 50s were cut off by decade
    A 50 yr old could register when it was the day for 59yr olds and many did

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭embraer170

Lumen wrote: »

Also, Germany is ahead of us so it's unethical.

:rolleyes:

The 50s were cut off by decade
    A 50 yr old could register when it was the day for 59yr olds and many did

Ah that’s it so
    It’s cutting off at the 5 year cut off this time so
    Apologies everyone !

I can assure you with all the force of reputation generated by my 28,271 posts of mostly argumentative bullsh!it on boards that I managed to register a few minutes ago with a 1974 DoB.

RTE said that it's also open to those without underlying conditions this week as below

'The registration will also open for the 45-49 age group, starting with those aged 49. Registration will be available for people aged 48 on Thursday, 47 on Friday, 46 on Saturday and 45 on Sunday'

Yes but if the cohort 7s can now self register regardless of age,who is policing that
    Anyone with the current sign up page can sign up from tomorrow on the basis of ticking a new cohort 7 box is it? With no evidence or doctors note?

I can assure you with all the force of reputation generated by my 28,271 posts of mostly argumentative bullsh!it on boards that I managed to register a few minutes ago with a 1974 DoB.

Ah yeah anyone inside the 5 year bracket can
    But the 40-44 cant (unless 44 and born in 1976)

Yes but if the cohort 7s can now self register regardless of age,who is policing that
    Anyone with the current sign up page can sign up from tomorrow on the basis of ticking a new cohort 7 box is it? With no evidence or doctors note?

“People at very high risk, or high risk, of Covid-19 due to underlying conditions can register for their vaccination from tomorrow, if they are aged 45-49 and have not yet got an appointment from their hospital or GP.”

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0518/1222296-coronavirus-ireland/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

They can't self register regardless of age.

It's still age based

• Registered Users Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Because you're in the age bracket. Like has been said there was nothing stopping people registering outside of the days they were asked to.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,628 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

revelman wrote: »
    “People at very high risk, or high risk, of Covid-19 due to underlying conditions can register for their vaccination from tomorrow, if they are aged 45-49 and have not yet got an appointment from their hospital or GP.”

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0518/1222296-coronavirus-ireland/

A rather redundant clause given that they are already eligible under age group...
    I don't get the point of this pointless update from RTE

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

They can't self register regardless of age.

It's still age based

Ah mea culpa,I see that now
    So no Astra or j and j to 45 to 49 ,all mrna
    Not special for cohorts at all

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭mun1

Zipppy wrote: »
    When you logged back in, what did it day?

It said consent required above the stages which was at “1st vaccine scheduled “

odyssey06 wrote: »
    A rather redundant clause given that they are already eligible under age group...
    I don't get the point of this pointless update from RTE

True.
    Do they not want to mop up all those left unvaccinated by GPS quickly?
    And does it mean they will be done any quicker??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Ah mea culpa,I see that now
    So no Astra or j and j to 45 to 49 ,all mrna
    Not special for cohorts at all

They could get Astra or J&J yeah if nothing else avaliable (such as greystones today), all depends on how the HSE put the NIAC advise into operation

• Registered Users Posts: 30,628 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Goldengirl wrote: »
    True.
    Do they not want to mop up all those left unvaccinated by GPS quickly?
    And does it mean they will be done any quicker??

I'm going to say no and no cos the HSE have been abject on Cohort 7 and seem to want them to just disappear under the carpet.
    The sound you hear is the sound of running water as they wash their hands of them.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

embraer170 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Roll your eyes as much as you want, but each EU country is being allocated vaccines from EU stock based on its resident population, not the number of citizens.

If everyone with Irish citizenship travelled back to get vaccinated then we'd fall even further behind the European average.

I pay taxes in this country, I don't want the entitled diaspora coming home to take vaccines from residents here, myself included.

I don't actually care that much, but I still think it's wrong. I'm not being superior though, I briefly considered registering up north to get AZ but couldn't be bothered in the end.

• Advertisement

They could get Astra or J&J yeah if nothing else avaliable (such as greystones today), all depends on how the HSE put the NIAC advise into operation

I thought that all high risk were to be given mRNA vaccines?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement