Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

is_that_so wrote: »
    I'm talking about the portal, not GPs.

I just mentioned the GP's as its another area. Aunt got done via the portal, same for the uncles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

seamus wrote: »
    Reid and Donnelly have been throwing a few figures around.

On Saturday, Reid said that 1.5m first doses have been done and around 11% of people have had two.

That works out to about 38% first doses and 430k people who've had two.

Yesterday, Donnelly said we were up to about 40% first doses. So those two figures are broadly in line with the 0.8% per day average that I saw elsewhere.

So if it helps satisfy the itch for data, we should be in touching distance of 50% first doses done by the end of this week.

Oooh keep talking like that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Any indication of what age they are at in the Galway centre at this stage ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,712 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The EU did not renew its AstraZeneca order beyond June.

They did not take the option to extend the order, the 300M order for AZ still exists and will be delivered, AZ will not have it all delivered by June (or even close to June) so we'll keep on getting AZ shipments long past June, once the 300M have been ordered, then we'll be done with AZ.

Same has happened with J&J, option for further vaccines has not been taken up as Europe is ordering mRNA based vaccines instead. We may see deals with Valneva and Novavax as well, but likely as boosters or updated yearly flu vaccines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Jesus we are blessed that the cyber attack didn't shut down the vaccine rollout. Credit to those who kept the IT systems separated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

But J&J efficiacy is alot less than pfzier.
    Most of the over 50's i know all got pfzier in the past 1.5 weeks

Read back over the last few pages... based on the data we have, we cannot say J&J efficacy is less than Pfizer. This is a perception created by the non-scientific media and is IMO irresponsible (as you will have ill-informed people turning down J&J as they thinks its not as good as “da pfizer”)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭josip

Jesus we are blessed that the cyber attack didn't shut down the vaccine rollout. Credit to those who kept the IT systems separated.

My understanding of the HSE IT capability, is that even if they'd wanted to, they wouldn't have been able to integrate them with existing, in the timeframe available.
    Happy to be corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭mossie

pc7 wrote: »
    Helix seems to be at 53 for Friday, great to see the centres romp down the years.

Mallow seems to be finishing 55's today, know of 2 going and a few 54's tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Almost a positive outcome the HSEs IT systems are so bad that anything new sits on its own. Normally not a good thing but a positive in this case :)

The stats updates are hard to be without particularly trying to figure out what's remaining in stock etc

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

duffman13 wrote: »
    Almost a positive outcome the HSEs IT systems are so bad that anything new sits on its own. Normally not a good thing but a positive in this case :)

The stats updates are hard to be without particularly trying to figure out what's remaining in stock etc

I know a few of the engineers involved with the HSE at the moment, they've complained long enough about the systems not being linked but it's a blessing for them now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

51 and not had a date yet, some of my colleagues at 53 have had their date and / or vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 44 JMR46

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Any indication of what age they are at in the Galway centre at this stage ?

My father got his first Moderna vaccine in Galway last Friday, he's 56. Going by that they'll be hitting the lower 50s by now I'd imagine.
    Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Barney224

51 and not had a date yet, some of my colleagues at 53 have had their date and / or vaccine

I'm 50 and have had nothing yet either. Although I'm in Meath, and I hear that's one of the slowest counties in the country. I was hoping to travel to Spain in early Sept! At this rate, I'm not so sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭JPup

I know a few of the engineers involved with the HSE at the moment, they've complained long enough about the systems not being linked but it's a blessing for them now

As someone who knows next to nothing about IT systems and cyber security, I am probably talking nonsense here but it seems to me that in the future IT engineers will have to design systems to be less integrated, rather than more.

Different departments within organisations will need to be silo'd with their own back-up so that if one part goes down due to a cyber attack, the rest can keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

pc7 wrote: »
    Helix seems to be at 53 for Friday, great to see the centres romp down the years.

Limerick will be at 51-50 on Friday. It's a good thing 40s registration has started or there might be vaccinators in some MVC twiddling their thumbs all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭Russman

Anyone have an idea what ages Citywest are at at the moment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

When you enter your phone number to register online, does it require you to enter 08X XXXXXXX or just 8X XXXXXXX, given that the first box is +353? I tried both ways with different email addresses but never got the verification text?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Sorry if asked and answered but trying to register right now. When I put in my initial bare details it set up an account and said I would get an email and text then to continue the set up. I got the email but no text. I need a 5 digit confirmation number from that text. You get an option to resend the text. I've done that twice but still nothing. Anyone else have this problem?

When you enter your phone number to register online, does it require you to enter 08X XXXXXXX or just 8X XXXXXXX, given that the first box is +353? I tried both ways with different email addresses but never got the verification text?

Glad it's not just me! I dropped the zero. I wonder if the system is swamped or something now there's two of us in it....

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

Does anyone know what ages they are currently vaccinating in the Aviva? I'm guessing that will be my mvc as I'm only a few clicks away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SSeanSS

IBM were given the contract for Ireland's vaccine rollout. As the old saying goes "nobody ever got fired for buying ibm"

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

I put it in with the zero earlier today and i got the temporary verification code text, so they know to drop it

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mioniqa

emrys wrote: »
    Does anyone know what ages they are currently vaccinating in the Aviva? I'm guessing that will be my mvc as I'm only a few clicks away.

Someone said in the appointment thread that they're doing 53 year olds in the Aviva on Friday.

Sorry if asked and answered but trying to register right now. When I put in my initial bare details it set up an account and said I would get an email and text then to continue the set up. I got the email but no text. I need a 5 digit confirmation number from that text. You get an option to resend the text. I've done that twice but still nothing. Anyone else have this problem?

Anyone else besides Machevelianme and me having this issue this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭1dave123

@rebelbrowser

Yes - I had the same issue. No text msg received after registering. My sister (GoMo) had no issues at all.

I am on the old three network (tesco).

In the end I registered using a different phone (vodafone) and the msg came through instantly.

So it may be an issue with the three network perhaps?? .... I know I never receive Ulster Bank short code sms msgs on the three network so thats what gave me the idea to use a different phone ..... far from ideal.

57 year old MIL only had hers yesterday. Midlands region.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Barney224 wrote: »
    I'm 50 and have had nothing yet either. Although I'm in Meath, and I hear that's one of the slowest counties in the country. I was hoping to travel to Spain in early Sept! At this rate, I'm not so sure.
    I know of a 54 year old, based around Ashbourne, who's in the Helix tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

josip wrote: »
    My understanding of the HSE IT capability, is that even if they'd wanted to, they wouldn't have been able to integrate them with existing, in the timeframe available.
    Happy to be corrected.
    Yeah, I think it's blind luck more than good planning. In the time allowed the only feasible solution was something standing alone on a cloud provider with no integrations.
    JPup wrote: »
    As someone who knows next to nothing about IT systems and cyber security, I am probably talking nonsense here but it seems to me that in the future IT engineers will have to design systems to be less integrated, rather than more.
    It's beginning to catch on, it's a concept called "zero trust".

Most networks and applications work a bit like your house. Once you have a key for the front door, you're in. You can access every room in the house either without a key, or using a key that's hanging beside the door. Some resources might be additionally protected (such as a safe or a medicine cabinet), but by and large everyone inside the house is a trusted entity.

The front door can be additionally protected with security gates and multiple locks, but once you're in, you're in.

A zero trust setup, says that nobody should be trusted ever. Every single call between two servers needs to be authenticated using a different set of credentials. Every single machine, whether it's inside or outside your network, should be treated like it's some randomer from the internet.

In the house analogy, imagine you not only have every door inside the house locked, you have a passcode lock on them all, with a different passcode for every door. And ideally a different passcode for every person for every door. Not everyone gets a code for every door; the kids don't get a code for the parents' room, guests are only issued a passcode for the sitting room and kitchen. And so forth.

It means that an intruder who gets past the front door, gets no further into the house.

And if that sounds exhausting and painful, then it's just as painful when trying to implement within a computer network. There has to be a balance between getting **** done and keeping stuff safe.

But it's slowly starting to gain traction. It's doesn't prevent systems being as integrated as we've become used to, it just requires more careful architecture.

(Sorry for the off-topic :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

1dave123 wrote: »
    @rebelbrowser

Yes - I had the same issue. No text msg received after registering. My sister (GoMo) had no issues at all.

I am on the old three network (tesco).

In the end I registered using a different phone (vodafone) and the msg came through instantly.

So it may be an issue with the three network perhaps?? .... I know I never receive Ulster Bank short code sms msgs on the three network so thats what gave me the idea to use a different phone ..... far from ideal.

That could be it, also on 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

Samob wrote: »
    I just logged into my account on the portal. I’m waiting for my appointment for 8 days. There’s a pale grey graphic with a series of stages - registered for a vaccine, awaiting appointment 1, appointment 1 scheduled, consent given, dose 1 medical questions answered, dose 1 received, awaiting appointment 2 ....dose 2 received. I called the helpline twice to make sure my account is properly registered and they said I need to wait for my text. Does anyone else see this graphic on the portal when they log in? Any advice would be appreciated.

Can you give a link to that portal, we've never even seen that much information about our family's account.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement