Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

mioniqa wrote: »
    Someone said in the appointment thread that they're doing 53 year olds in the Aviva on Friday.

My OH is 54..has heard nought...

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

is_that_so wrote: »
    My own theory is location and the availability of a reasonably sized MVC. Areas like Meath and Louth, for example, are not well covered by MVCs and it does seem to be a lot slower there.

My family are in Dublin. I think a big mistake has been made somewhere in the registration process when people are waiting 4-5 weeks in their late 60's with medical condition and haven't been called for Vax 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

1dave123 wrote: »
    @rebelbrowser

Yes - I had the same issue. No text msg received after registering. My sister (GoMo) had no issues at all.

I am on the old three network (tesco).

In the end I registered using a different phone (vodafone) and the msg came through instantly.

So it may be an issue with the three network perhaps?? .... I know I never receive Ulster Bank short code sms msgs on the three network so thats what gave me the idea to use a different phone ..... far from ideal.

Thanks. Not on 3 as it happens (Vodafone)! Seems like I can reregister after 24 hours so will do that. I'm not 49 so was jumping the gun really so maybe it was karmas way of telling me to behave!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Russman wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea what ages Citywest are at at the moment ?

I know people in the 50-51 getting done in Citywest today

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

My family are in Dublin. I think a big mistake has been made somewhere in the registration process when people are waiting 4-5 weeks in their late 60's with medical condition and haven't been called for Vax 1.

Would chase your GP, medical condition the gp's were looking after.
    Ring them now

• Advertisement

Anyone any idea when they will be taking registrations for 40-44 year olds? I know they are doing 45-49 year olds this week so i presume they will start taking registrations for the 40-44 year olds some time next week or the following week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Anyone else besides Machevelianme and me having this issue this morning?

Same, on the 3 network as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Samob wrote: »
    I just logged into my account on the portal. I’m waiting for my appointment for 8 days. There’s a pale grey graphic with a series of stages - registered for a vaccine, awaiting appointment 1, appointment 1 scheduled, consent given, dose 1 medical questions answered, dose 1 received, awaiting appointment 2 ....dose 2 received. I called the helpline twice to make sure my account is properly registered and they said I need to wait for my text. Does anyone else see this graphic on the portal when they log in? Any advice would be appreciated.
    Can you give a link to that portal, we've never even seen that much information about our family's account.

That's the standard list of progession bullets on the vaccine registration portal.

Spoke to someone today waiting since friday for an appointment in greystones after texting new
    Thats 5 days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Pfizer announce production of vaccines in Grange Castle, Dublin
    https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1394978651431710720?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Metalpanic

Barney224 wrote: »
    I'm 50 and have had nothing yet either. Although I'm in Meath, and I hear that's one of the slowest counties in the country. I was hoping to travel to Spain in early Sept! At this rate, I'm not so sure.

I know of 56 year olds being called for J&J this week in Meath. One and done, considered fully immune 2 weeks after. So you could be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Pfizer announce production of vaccines in Grange Castle, Dublin
    They arent producing the vaccine in Ireland, they will be making a component for the vaccine which will still be made abroad

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0519/1222576-pfizer-ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

anybodt any idea..if you reschedule a vaccine how long will you be waiting to be called the second time. Not refusing the vaccine,
    just a reschedule. have to collect family member from hospital at the same time as appointment for vaccine.

thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

anybodt any idea..if you reschedule a vaccine how long will you be waiting to be called the second time. Not refusing the vaccine,
    just a reschedule. have to collect family member from hospital at the same time as appointment for vaccine.

thanks,
    Seems to be anything from a few days to 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

thanks,

Within 3 weeks, but prob much sooner.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Lovely. Thanks for reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

They arent producing the vaccine in Ireland, they will be making a component for the vaccine which will still be made abroad

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0519/1222576-pfizer-ireland/
    They're producing the main component of the vaccine, yes. It is finished and filled elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

EDit wrote: »
    I put it in with the zero earlier today and i got the temporary verification code text, so they know to drop it

Yep i entered the zero on mine and i got the text ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Sarah1916

I was in Citywest this morning for my first Pfizer in and out in under 30 minutes. Great operation up there.
    They seemed to have dedicated the morning up there to pregnant women as that was all that was there at 9 am this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,531 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Friend, 52, is getting the J and J vaccine on Friday
    I thought this was for 40-49 if no other vaccine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

fritzelly wrote: »
    Friend, 52, is getting the J and J vaccine on Friday
    I thought this was for 40-49 if no other vaccine

It is, but 52 not in that category, they can get J&J.

It is, but 52 not in that category, they can get J&J.

Got ya, confusing, can you request the other ones since they're better

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

No you can't request what vaccine you get & they aren't better. All vaccines do the same thing.

This nonsense of Pfizer is better than AZ etc etc is being disproven in real world data. The media are doing an awful hatchet job on the impact of vaccines

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Which ones are better ? Have you evidence that one is better than another ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Surely this cancelling and rescheduling is slowing things down ? How near to the time can you cancel ? Does that leave a gap in the flow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Samob

That's the standard list of progession bullets on the vaccine registration portal.

Quick question - are the progression points supposed to be highlighted to show where you are in the process? All of my points are pale grey and it doesn’t indicate I have registered and am awaiting an appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

is there any indication that one is safer (long term) then another? - like maybe its safer to get a non nRNA one ..possibility that their may be side effects say in 5,10 years?

No you can't request what vaccine you get & they aren't better. All vaccines do the same thing.

This nonsense of Pfizer is better than AZ etc etc is being disproven in real world data. The media are doing an awful hatchet job on the impact of vaccines

I'm going by the hse's leaflets on percentages of catching it, hospitalization

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Deenie78

My boss is 50 and is getting J&J at the Aviva on Sunday - he's delighted - one and done!

My sister (45) just registered for hers. Separately, my brother in Edinburgh (48) got Astrazeneca today.

I'm hoping to get called to register next week. It's all rolling along so quick now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Samob wrote: »
    Quick question - are the progression points supposed to be highlighted to show where you are in the process? All of my points are pale grey and it doesn’t indicate I have registered and am awaiting an appointment.

Just checked mine and the first 2 points are blue.
    Not sure why it doesn't work for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement