Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Its in the article you posted from the IrishTimes!
    Read to the bottom :)

Oh, I misunderstood your initial post. I thought you were referring to data comparing the T Cell response between Pfizer and AZ after the second dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Cole

How does the whole mRNA vaccine choice work? I heard on the radio that they will offer you an mRNA choice if you would prefer not to take the J&J/AZ vaccines for the 40-49 agree group. Do they ask for your choice at registration?

No...it's just registration to get a vaccine. It appears that the initial 40s cohort will only get an MRNA vaccine and are notified by text after a few days where and which vaccine...as has been the standard process up to now. I think the whole AZ/J&J choice will be rolled out in time, so if you're late 40s, it's an MRNA only I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Anecdotally, in the urban areas at least, they will be vaccinating the 50 year olds this weekend. I know a good few 50 year olds (spread across Cork, Dublin and Limerick) and they are all going to be done by Sunday at latest. That being so, it seems to me that in the urban areas they went from 57s last weekend to 50s this weekend. This seem right? If so, does it look like the 45 to 49s getting done mostly by the following weekend, i.e. by Sunday 30th?

I say your pretty much in the ballpark. Some areas that will be happening it appears.

I wish we could have the vaccine stats to give us a better picture of where we stand at the moment though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Not sure if this was posted already with all the hack stuff and lack of info from official sources.

https://twitter.com/mcconnelldaniel/status/1395081955285295104?s=21

280k last week

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

Would chase your GP, medical condition the gp's were looking after.
    Ring them now

They've contacted two of the family's doctors and they won't see them! They said the HSE is taking people in their 60's and they won't.

• Advertisement

That's the standard list of progession bullets on the vaccine registration portal.

They've tried it but when they enter their information the system closes and tells them they've already registered and to ring the HSE helpline, which they've already done several times without much help. That's why I asked for the link in case they're using a different link.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

They've tried it but when they enter their information the system closes and tells them they've already registered and to ring the HSE helpline, which they've already done several times without much help. That's why I asked for the link in case they're using a different link.

Do they see any consultants for their conditions? That could be another avenue to explore.
    I recommended contacting local politicians when you posted the other day. It worked for a large number of over 60s who were much later getting their vaccines in Meath. Please don't dismiss it as an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,795 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

What did the HSE say when they rang the helpline ? Are they registered on the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

That sounds like they are trying to register again?
    They should be able to login to see the status from what I understand.
    Can you give a link to that portal, we've never even seen that much information about our family's account.

You say family's account but each individual has to register themselves.

Goldengirl wrote: »
    What did the HSE say when they rang the helpline ? Are they registered on the system?

'Yes you are already registered"
    "You will get an appointment when one becomes available"
    "You will receive a text"
    "If you don't get an appointment, ring your gp"

• Advertisement

JPA wrote: »
    That sounds like they are trying to register again?
    They should be able to login to see the status from what I understand.

Which is why I asked for the link.

You say family's account but each individual has to register themselves.

There are two family members, and each have a separate account.

There are two family members, and each have a separate account.

Ok, and can they login?

Ok, and can they login?

When it asks 'already have an account', they enter their password so I believe they are logging in. Have you got the link for the portal so I can check with them please.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,795 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

'Yes you are already registered"
    "You will get an appointment when one becomes available"
    "You will receive a text"
    "If you don't get an appointment, ring your gp"

I would ring the GP then and insist they send a referral if they have underlying conditions .
    Ring everyday, polite but firm .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭corkie

When it asks 'already have an account', they enter their password so I believe they are logging in. Have you got the link for the portal so I can check with them please.

https://vaccine3.hse.ie/s/login/

^^^ Mods can we get the link in OP for the threads

That is the link to login from the HSE but I only got that by searching for it.

Thanks everyone for your interest but this is just going round in circles. Don't worry, more phone calls will be made as per all the suggestions here.

That is the link to login from the HSE but I only got that by searching for it.

Thanks we'll check if its the same.

Thanks we'll check if its the same.

Do. The login will show the status. Something may have gone wrong with the phone numbers because one could have been missed but 2 is weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Vaccinated30

2nd dose of Pfizer done today. I'm absolutely chuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Just wondering for anyone who registered with their GP and was sent to a clinic, is the text from the GP the appointment confirmation you show or should I have got something official from HSE?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Vaccinated30

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I didn't realise you cannot get the vaccine 2nd dose if on antibiotics

One of my sons was about a week over the chicken pox when he went for his mmr. The nurse said he was a bit pale and decided to reschedule him for the next week. His temp and humour was fine and the child is like porcelain anyway but she said if his immune system is fighting something and then we introduce a vaccine, he may not build enough antibodies for what he's being vaccinated for. So it wasn't that the vax would make him sicker but that his response to the vax would be weaker. So I assume thats the same for abx or any other r illness with a Covid vax.

On another note, I was waiting the 15mins after my vax today and one Dr was speaking to another about a 72 y/o patient who hasn't been well enough to attend any Pfizer clinics and they were reading a NIAC report and decided he could get the AZ tomorrow as over 50. So it's not just Pfizer being given outside of the 50 and 60 y/o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Updated England vaccine roadmap aims to give first doses to everyone aged 16/18+ by the end of June.

https://twitter.com/Coronavirusgoo1/status/1395110176886247426

• Registered Users Posts: 10,847 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Third dose may be trialled in UK

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57174733

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭deeperlearning

JTMan wrote: »
    Updated England vaccine roadmap aims to give first doses to everyone aged 16/18+ by the end of June.

https://twitter.com/Coronavirusgoo1/status/1395110176886247426

The tweet stated that vaccines could be offered to to all adults in the UK by the end of June.

Varadkar basically said the same -

Leo Varadkar has suggested that anyone in Ireland over the age of 18 who wants a Covid-19 vaccine may be offered one by the end of June.
    https://www.thejournal.ie/vaccine-roll-out-5435593-May2021/

All it means is that everyone over 18 will be able to register for their vaccine appointments by June 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

The tweet stated that vaccines could be offered to to all adults in the UK by the end of June.

Varadkar basically said the same -

Leo Varadkar has suggested that anyone in Ireland over the age of 18 who wants a Covid-19 vaccine may be offered one by the end of June.
    https://www.thejournal.ie/vaccine-roll-out-5435593-May2021/

All it means is that everyone over 18 will be able to register for their vaccine appointments by June 30.
    I suspect there's more substance though to the UK version as they've about twice as many total vaccines administered as we have per capita. What matters, of course, is the amount actually done by a particular date, not merely the amount offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Third dose may be trialled in UK

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57174733
    A small trial of a third shot of the Astra Zeneca had excellent results.

https://www.ft.com/content/c5297d58-ad6d-490f-89e0-74f9c13377e4

Per the article no major reaction to the vector. High antibody count. Deals with all known variants.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭lastusername

hmmm wrote: »
    A small trial of a third shot of the Astra Zeneca had excellent results.

https://www.ft.com/content/c5297d58-ad6d-490f-89e0-74f9c13377e4

Per the article no major reaction to the vector. High antibody count. Deals with all known variants.

Until there are new variants in a year or two or three? How many shots will they be recommending over that time frame then? They say in the BBC article above that they don’t even know how long protection lasts! All feels a bit experimental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,712 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Until there are new variants in a year or two or three? How many shots will they be recommending over that time frame then? They say in the BBC article above that they don’t even know how long protection lasts! All feels a bit experimental.

a) these shots are to boost antibodies in those vaccinated
    b) the vaccines are already safe, this trial is to observe antibody count after a booster vs. no booster
    c) they are using the same vaccines that are already effective against variants as they are now, in future they'll likely include multiple variants in the same shot (similar to flu) depending on what the prevalent strain is, but it may not be needed at all

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement