Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Vaccinated30

Goldengirl wrote: »
    That reminds me of the Leaving Cert Maths question circulating at the moment ..:)

I don't know the question you are talking about but my gosh I worded this arxeways

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭niamh247

In regards to this,

If anyone thinks another country is handling things better, they are free to move to that country. I said it time and time again to people born and bred in Ireland when they went on about Sweden last year, move there then! If you came to Ireland from another country and don't like how Ireland is handling this, leave. If you are Irish and don't like the laws in Ireland. Leave. Its really that simple. But people will just scream Whatabouttary nonsense all day long and stay here while moaning about it.

*all youse are general terms and not specifically Golden Girl

I don't see whats the problem if we discuss how we handling this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,089 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

I don't know the question you are talking about but my gosh I worded this arxeways

I'd post it but would get in trouble for spamming the thread ;)

Russman wrote: »
    Does the portal work 24/7 ? Like, can you register at say a minute past midnight on the day your year opens ?
    I realise you can do it the day before but for silly reasons of wanting to do it fully by the book, I want to wait til my actual day.

I think others here have said they have done it just after midnight .

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭deeperlearning

niamh247 wrote: »
    Any clues what the trends for mRNA vaccines being given compared to others in near future? With AZ being discontinued next month, does that mean Ireland will mostly use mRNA going forward? Does the govt publish current levels of stocking for each type and roadmap or future trends?

It will be mainly mRNA going forward but also some Janssen as around 500,000 single-dose Janssen vaccines are due.

The AZ still to arrive will be mainly used for second doses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,911 ✭✭✭✭josip

Does the portal work 24/7 ? Like, can you register at say a minute past midnight on the day your year opens ?
    I realise you can do it the day before but for silly reasons of wanting to do it fully by the book, I want to wait til my actual day.

Yes, that's what I did. Actually 5 minutes past midnight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I think others here have said they have done it just after midnight .

I registered mine the day before i was supposed to. I'm 50 but 51 year olds were supposed to register that day. However the funny thing was that when i went into the website it said people from 50 could register so i carried on with the registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭franciscanpunk

What do people think will be the actual number of J and J delivered before end of June? Is it a case we are dreaming that 600k can a number they can scale up to over a fee weeks or is more on the side the doses will be good to go if the production site in the US gets the green light to start again?

I'd also love to see a chart on the delivered v expected delivered to datr sometime soon, hopefully its published somewhere. I do think if the j and j deliverys in June will make their way into peoples arms who eant them, it would be become very difficult to prolong restrictions whilst their is vaccines available to willing parties who are told you cant take them due the risk of a clotting issues is too great vs that of getting covid but you cant have your job back either cause that too high risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭eoinbn

It will be mainly mRNA going forward but also some Janssen as around 500,000 single-dose Janssen vaccines are due.

The AZ still to arrive will be mainly used for second doses.

I can see a lot of people awaiting a second dose of AZ getting mRNA. Can't see why 20-49 year old health care workers shouldn't be given a choice when 40-49 non healthcare workers will be given a choice.

It looks bleak for J&J. There is a good chance that 100m doses in the US will be binned. The subcontractors that they hired are complete cowboys. They didn't even realize that the product that they created was contaminated - it was sent to Europe where J&J noticed it was contaminated. Either way we won't be using much of it. Will need an extra 1m doses of mRNA to cover for that disaster.

Moderna could be a major part of the supply in Q3. Hopefully they can increase supply in July but it might be August after they have finished their US commitments.

Curevac won't play much of a part. They cut their production again for Q3. Might be used as boosters later in the year but rumour has it that it has the least efficacy of the mRNA vaccines.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭FrankN1

For someone in mid 20s who has a BMI of over 35, are they meant to be getting it from the HSE or GP? And should they have got it already as it's high risk.

• Advertisement

FrankN1 wrote: »
    For someone in mid 20s who has a BMI of over 35, are they meant to be getting it from the HSE or GP? And should they have got it already as it's high risk.

GP . However some GPs are only doing their elderly patients or very high risk but they should do a referral to MVC .
    Contact your GP and if you are given any flannel about it not being an underlying condition , it is considered high risk and is on the official list of conditions on HSE.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

What do we think our maximum capacity is for innoculating people every week - how many people could we get through? We'll be getting 350k Pfizer and Moderna every week throughout June. If AZ have a couple of bumper weeks that could hit 500k on a couple of occasions.

If J&J don't deliver maybe we can console ourselves that there were too many other vaccines to use anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

What do we think our maximum capacity is for innoculating people every week - how many people could we get through? We'll be getting 350k Pfizer and Moderna every week throughout June. If AZ have a couple of bumper weeks that could hit 500k on a couple of occasions.

If J&J don't deliver maybe we can console ourselves that there were too many other vaccines to use anyway.

J&J are important because it is a scientifically proven full vaccination with one dose. If a section of the population is carved out to be given J&J, we can get through the entire process quicker because capacity isn't required for a 2nd jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

eoinbn wrote: »
    I can see a lot of people awaiting a second dose of AZ getting mRNA. Can't see why 20-49 year old health care workers shouldn't be given a choice when 40-49 non healthcare workers will be given a choice.

It looks bleak for J&J. There is a good chance that 100m doses in the US will be binned. The subcontractors that they hired are complete cowboys. They didn't even realize that the product that they created was contaminated - it was sent to Europe where J&J noticed it was contaminated. Either way we won't be using much of it. Will need an extra 1m doses of mRNA to cover for that disaster.

Moderna could be a major part of the supply in Q3. Hopefully they can increase supply in July but it might be August after they have finished their US commitments.

Curevac won't play much of a part. They cut their production again for Q3. Might be used as boosters later in the year but rumour has it that it has the least efficacy of the mRNA vaccines.
    Reid said yesterday that AZ is not a choice vaccine and is now primarily planned for second doses. J&J will really only be used, in whatever quantities arrive, for the next 4-5 weeks. The impression being given now is that NIAC have advised but the HSE have simply chosen not to go that route apart from an "only if". Pfizer, as it's done all the way through this, will pick up the slack.

Godot. wrote: »
    J&J are important because it is a scientifically proven full vaccination with one dose. If a section of the population is carved out to be given J&J, we can get through the entire process quicker because capacity isn't required for a 2nd jab.
    In principle yes, but with their issues it will be too late for our programme but it should certainly help accelerate the global effort to vaccinate.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭FrankN1

GP . However some GPs are only doing their elderly patients or very high risk but they should do a referral to MVC .
    Contact your GP and if you are given any flannel about it not being an underlying condition , it is considered high risk and is on the official list of conditions on HSE.ie

Thanks for this! What is an MVC referral?

FrankN1 wrote: »
    Thanks for this! What is an MVC referral?
    Mass Vaccination Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

eoinbn wrote: »

Oh the J&J doses should be cleared. Biden was talking about if not when the AstraZeneca vaccines produced at that production facility would be sent to India.

The big questions are a) will the J&J doses arrive in time to make a difference to the vaccination programme? and b) will Varadkar Chinese burn NIAC into lowering the age restrictions again?

Godot. wrote: »
    Oh the J&J doses should be cleared. Biden was talking about if not when the AstraZeneca vaccines produced at that production facility would be sent to India.

The big questions are a) will the J&J doses arrive in time to make a difference to the vaccination programme? and b) will Varadkar Chinese burn NIAC into lowering the age restrictions again?
    Not for AZ, that shop has sailed. J&J will do its bit through June and then it's likely done too. Pfizer/Moderna will probably cover our needs otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭eoinbn

[PHP][/PHP]

It will depend on how much we have in storage come June. It seems we have started to use some of the stockpile - maybe as there is no sign of J&J.
    Pfizer and Moderna will top out at 315k doses per week.
    Second doses of AZ might push that to 350k. If there is some in the stock like then we might hit 400k in early June but we won't sustain that.
    Come late June we might need to hold back doses of Pfizer for second doses in July. On average our supply weekly in Q3 is 140k doses of Pfizer. If that isn't front loaded, which it might well be, then we will need to stop second doses in the last week and hold them back for July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If supply were no issue, we have the capacity right now (MVC + vaccinators) to hit 400k-500k per week. And that's without creaking at the seams.

We could push past this by asking vaccinators to do 60 hour weeks and running 24/7, but it looks like it'll probably never come to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭cnbyz

sorry if covered before but can i opt for the Janssen one ? i am 43

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

Does anyone know what hours the Aviva is vaccinating ? is 6.30pm the latest?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Russman

cnbyz wrote: »
    sorry if covered before but can i opt for the Janssen one ? i am 43

I don't think so. I think the guidance is that you can opt out of J&J and AZ and wait for an mRNA, but not opt in.

That might obviously change if they decide to, say, get the pharmacies involved and let people walk in and select J&J.

I don't think so. I think the guidance is that you can opt out of J&J and AZ and wait for an mRNA, but not opt in.

That might obviously change if they decide to, say, get the pharmacies involved and let people walk in and select J&J.
    They are not expected to be involved until next month.

Just thought i’d report back the morning after regarding side effects from my first dose of pfizer.

No side effects whatsoever. I feel physically fine. Just a little tender/sore on my arm. That’s it..

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Mr.CoolGuy

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Just thought i’d report back the morning after regarding side effects from my first dose of pfizer.

No side effects whatsoever. I feel physically fine. Just a little tender/sore on my arm. That’s it..

You may feel a bit off later today. Don't be surprised if you get lightheaded or just generally feel slightly fatigued. It won't stop you from working or doing anything else, but it can develop throughout the second day.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Vaccinated30

I had nothing after the 1st Pfizer and nothing after 2nd.hope you're the same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Same here, although I can't lift my shoulder past 90° without pain or discomfort. Very similar to when I get the flu jab. Just feels like someone punched me in the shoulder yesterday.

• Advertisement

Mr.CoolGuy wrote: »
    You may feel a bit off later today. Don't be surprised if you get lightheaded or just generally feel slightly fatigued. It won't stop you from working or doing anything else, but it can develop throughout the second day.

I’ll report back if anything happens. My partner is on her third day and feels fine but she did say she felt like she had a glass of wine after the jab that lasted for about an hour.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement