Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Do you think someone in the HSE will wait up to turn it on ��

The manager charged with turning it on is currently waiting for his "hit return of the keyboard" change of work practices allowance and associated training day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I too, am in the health sector. I found it offensive and ignorant of the facts! Time was, ppl used to stop whatever they were doing to clap together to signal support and gratitude for those in healthcare who were keeping us safe. How quickly we forget!

Where do you work? Our Lady's of the Perpetually Offended?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Varadkar on morning Ireland was asked the question surrounding vaccine choice. If someone gets an appointment for AZ but prefers Pfizer etc you will go to the end of the queue. When asked how long that would take would it be June of July he said it wouldn't it would be at the end of the rollout

https://twitter.com/RTENewsPaulC/status/1382597559361867778?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Varadkar on morning Ireland was asked the question surrounding vaccine choice. If someone gets an appointment for AZ but prefers Pfizer etc you will go to the end of the queue. When asked how long that would take would it be June of July he said it wouldn't it would be at the end of the rollout

Which is what Reid has been trying to say nicely all along. He's the right person to come out with this too and it does need to be that blunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

That is fine but did he say anything about people under 60 who are not in the very or high risk groups being able to "volunteer" to take AZ by signing a Waiver ?

• Advertisement

SusanC10 wrote: »
    That is fine but did he say anything about people under 60 who are not in the very or high risk groups being able to "volunteer" to take AZ by signing a Waiver ?
    I believe that's still under consideration. It's not going to be an issue for at least a month with the 60-69s to get through and all the second shots.

SusanC10 wrote: »

It's being looked into along with the possible spacing of Pfizer doses for younger age groups.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Which is what Reid has been trying to say nicely all along. He's the right person to come out with this too and it does need to be that blunt.

Yeah I think someone needed to just say it out straight. Paul Reid has been trying to say it in a non offensive way but it just needed to be put bluntly

• Registered Users Posts: 18,487 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I too, am in the health sector. I found it offensive and ignorant of the facts! Time was, ppl used to stop whatever they were doing to clap together to signal support and gratitude for those in healthcare who were keeping us safe. How quickly we forget!

The utter state of that sector is why healthy people have been heavily restricted for a year now. Clap clap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

You think cabinet havent had theirs yet? :)

Unless they are absolutely stupid, I think they can surely see the fall out that would cause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Okay folks. The portal is open, and I have just registered. Exactly as described in the video.

Best of luck everyone!

vienne86 wrote: »
    Okay folks. The portal is open, and I have just registered. Exactly as described in the video.

Best of luck everyone!

Good stuff, how long did the process take you ?

Good stuff, how long did the process take you ?

A couple of minutes. Password has to be 10 characters with all the usual requirement of special character, upper case....etc.

A couple of minutes. Password has to be 10 characters with all the usual requirement of special character, upper case....etc.

Great

Yeah I see a few people giving out that its 39 clicks to register, between hitting next, opening your email for verification etc.

The things people complain about.....

Didn't think it would take all that long myself. It's the standard stuff you usually fill in before getting the flu jab.

Great

Yeah I see a few people giving out that its 39 clicks to register, between hitting next, opening your email for verification etc.

The things people complain about.....

Didn't think it would take all that long myself. It's the standard stuff you usually fill in before getting the flu jab.

I thought it was fine. Searching for GP, address by Eircode etc was very smooth and the interface is decent. Obviously I'm retired, but I worked in IT, so I'm comfortable with these things.....it'll be interesting to see how others find the system.

I thought it was fine. Searching for GP, address by Eircode etc was very smooth and the interface is decent. Obviously I'm retired, but I worked in IT, so I'm comfortable with these things.....it'll be interesting to see how others find the system.

Yeah absolutely.

My father is due to register on Monday and isn't that great with computers, can do the basics but I'll be doing the sign up with him on Monday so can see where some older people would have issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Delighted we're progressing. Had a shít start to the week and things picked up quite quickly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Stark wrote: »
    Going to be pretty frustrating if J&J people are told "ok that's you done, go enjoy haircuts, pubs and international travel" while AZ people have to wait 12 weeks to enjoy the same despite being given basically the same injection.

Yeah there definitely needs to be something done there. Essentially, if they are allowing someone with J&J to be considered fully vaccinated, someone with one dose of AZ should also be considered so (with regard to rights to do things). Especially with the second dose really just having the effect of prolonging, rather than boosting efficacy much.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Best of luck everyone!

Where is it. Can't see anything on HSE.ie homepage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/ireland-on-track-for-further-easing-of-covid-19-restrictions-after-increase-in-pfizer-vaccines-1.4537665

Ireland on track for further easing of Covid-19 restrictions after increase in Pfizer vaccines
    Minister for Health Stephen Donnelly described the news of extra Covid-19 vaccine deliveries as “really positive” and insisted the State is now still on track to offer four out of five adults a coronavirus vaccine by the end of June.

“It’s more than half a million extra vaccines in April, May and June. Pfizer is recommended for use with all age groups and the results from Ireland and abroad show that it’s incredibly effective against Covid. It keeps Ireland on track for four in every five adults who wants a vaccine being offered one by the end of June. We’re working flat out with the HSE and taskforce to make sure our vaccine programme continues to get vaccines out to people as soon as they arrive in Ireland,” he told The Irish Times.

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Where is it. Can't see anything on HSE.ie homepage

https://vaccine.hse.ie/

rm212 wrote: »
    Yeah there definitely needs to be something done there. Essentially, if they are allowing someone with J&J to be considered fully vaccinated, someone with one dose of AZ should also be considered so (with regard to rights to do things). Especially with the second dose really just having the effect of prolonging, rather than boosting efficacy much.

If 60-69 year-olds have to wait three months+ to get their hair sorted, there'll be all out war.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

If somebody isn't happy with the 39 clicks, they can always just call the hotline.
    The things people complain about is right.
    Security exists on these things for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

is_that_so wrote: »

Thank you ! I feel like a child on Christmas morning opening that link !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

If 60-69 year-olds have to wait three months+ to get their hair sorted, there'll be all out war.

Did Ronan Glynn not say earlier in the week that there shouldn't be a need for a vaccine passport if 80%-ish have had their first shot?

That's just rumoured. We'll have few full vaccinations for a good while. They are talking about May opening of services so it's more likely to be as we were last summer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Klonker wrote: »
    Does anyone else think it would be a great political move by Michael Martin to get the AZ vaccine in the coming days as an encouragement for the 60-69 group that this is a safe vaccine? I think him slightly jumping the que would be justified by the good it would bring. I know most on here with jump at the chance of getting AZ soon but a lot of the 60-69's feel singled out and have vaccine hesitency that they never had until yesterday. He's 60 so there's a good chance he'll end of getting the AZ vaccine anyway.

Can you imagine the **** show of whingers complaining that he skipped the queue and all that absolute nonsense if he did.

Hurrache wrote: »
    Can you imagine the **** show of whingers complaining that he skipped the queue and all that absolute nonsense if he did.

Yeah, you're right. But I hope he get AstraZeneca and that he gets it fairly soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yeah, you're right. But I hope he get AstraZeneca and that he gets it fairly soon.

I will be interested to hear when you get a date for a vaccine . Hopefully not too long to wait

• Advertisement

If somebody isn't happy with the 39 clicks, they can always just call the hotline.
    The things people complain about is right.
    Security exists on these things for a reason.

I can't get my head around bothering to count the clicks here. I found it reassuring to get the email and the text so that I know they were typed in OK.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement