Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Looks like Scuid Mhór is getting a Pfizer vaccine in a few weeks :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Merkel is getting the AZ shot today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Looks like Scuid Mhór is getting a Pfizer vaccine in a few weeks :cool:

Nice one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

My husband got the call this morning from his GP, he's 50 with type 2 diabetes and he'll be vaccinated first dose of Pfizer end of next week. We're in Wicklow.
    I am so relieved :)

I think it might be time to make your username a reality!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭crossman47

sd1999 wrote: »
    I suppose he could confirm that when his time comes, he'll be getting AZ?

The Taoiseach has confirmed he will register on the portal when his age is reached. I know this view will be unpopular but I think all the cabinet should have been vaccinated early on as high priority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,841 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Apogee wrote: »

At a guess, this would suggest the vaccination of the healthy under 60s will start some time in mid to late May.

If registration happens at weekends (which I'm sure it will, it's just a site linked to a database), I'll be registering in around 40~ days (late 20s/early 30s). Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

It's first doses by end of june, not fully vaccinated. Groups run concurrently.

Oh I know, but if they move to spreading the doses for Pfizer, it seems they're only looking at that for non vulnerable so all of group 4 and 7 will be working on the 3 week basis so all those 2nd doses will be needed through May and June too. I know we're expected to get a lot in June but we'd likely needing to be vaccinating a good 50k a day that month based on that plan. I'm assuming the 59 and younger normal risk crowd won't really start until late May

Strazdas wrote: »
    At a guess, this would suggest the vaccination of the healthy under 60s will start some time in mid to late May.

Ya, I'd be thinking 3rd week of May they might be registering the 50-59 group unless there's any major changes with supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

titan18 wrote: »
    Oh I know, but if they move to spreading the doses for Pfizer, it seems they're only looking at that for non vulnerable so all of group 4 and 7 will be working on the 3 week basis so all those 2nd doses will be needed through May and June too. I know we're expected to get a lot in June but we'd likely needing to be vaccinating a good 50k a day that month based on that plan. I'm assuming the 59 and younger normal risk crowd won't really start until late May
    If supply was at current levels I'd agree but it's increasing exponentially so I don't think that'll be the case

• Advertisement

That's my assumption too, though it could even be as soon as mid May, depending on how many vaccines are arriving into the country.

If supply was at current levels I'd agree but it's increasing exponentially so I don't think that'll be the case

I would love to not hear that term again, but I'm doing software development and there's a statistics module coming up next year.. :(:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭eoinbn

I've no idea how we're getting 80% of people done by end of June if the plan has us still doing group 7 by early June.

The plan currently doesn't include the extra 540k doses from Pfizer/BioNtech or any doses from J&J. We need 1 of them in the plan to achieve the target.

It'll be interesting to see at what point there's a bottleneck in administrating them then. There's going to be a bottleneck at some point so be interesting what that point is. I think based on that plan, June will have to be doing a lot of vaccines.

HSE confirm people in 60s to have first dose by end of May, plan works so that 80% have first dose end of June. This is possible because most deliveries are backended.

Paul Reid expects cohort 4 to be completed (i assume first doses) by mid May

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

funnydoggy wrote: »
    I would love to not hear that term again, but I'm doing software development and there's a statistics module coming up next year.. :(:D:pac:

OT but statistics is grand.

Dunno if you do Discrete Maths but that's a ball breaker.

So Discrete you'll never see ever again when done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭Russman

funnydoggy wrote: »
    If registration happens at weekends (which I'm sure it will, it's just a site linked to a database), I'll be registering in around 40~ days (late 20s/early 30s). Nice one!
    Ya, I'd be thinking 3rd week of May they might be registering the 50-59 group unless there's any major changes with supply.

Well, I know which one of these I want to happen ! :D:D

Joking aside, I'd expect the 50-59 to start before then though, if the 60-64 are starting late April. Hopefully anyway !

HSE confirm people in 60s to have first dose by end of May, plan works so that 80% have first dose end of June. This is possible because most deliveries are backended.

One would assume though that the younger groups would already be well underway at this point, especially as they will be receiving a different vaccine (i.e. not AstraZeneca).

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    OT but statistics is grand.

Dunno if you do Discrete Maths but that's a ball breaker.

So Discrete you'll never see ever again when done.

Finishing up our last 2-3 weeks of discrete maths as we speak.

Jaysus. Logic & recursive funcitions are about manageable but now we're doing linear algebra in a way I've never seen before :(:confused:

• Advertisement

This week's expected goal: 130-140k
    Next week's goal: 140k to 160k (110k over 70, 10k cohort 4, 30-40k over 60)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Apogee

Next week: 140,000-160,000
    Complete over 70s 100-110k
    Over 60s 30-40K
    High risk ~10K

Current week revised down to 120,000-140,000

Strazdas wrote: »
    One would assume though that the younger groups would already be well underway at this point, especially as they will be receiving a different vaccine (i.e. not AstraZeneca).

Of course ! I hadn't thought of that. The 60s are, from a purely projecting point of view, largely irrelevant to the lower age cohorts as AZ is almost exclusively for them. The 50s and lower are depending on the vulnerable 18-59s to get finished first.
    Must be a logistics nightmare all the same for those tasked with juggling it all into place.

Expect low-ish figures for week or two as cohorts are re-allocated doses, Reid says. Still well on track to complete the program as planned this quarter.

Russman wrote: »
    Well, I know which one of these I want to happen ! :D:D

Joking aside, I'd expect the 50-59 to start before then though, if the 60-64 are starting late April. Hopefully anyway !

The plan there had group 7 being done over May to early June. 50-59 won't be ahead of them but likely starting in the last week or two of those. So I really can't see before past mid May based on that plan anyway. It could be a conservative plan I guess and they'll go through it faster than that.

I should be group 7 so I'm kind of hoping mid May based off that and hopefully done in June then. A positive of gaining weight during lockdown as all the gyms were closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Apogee

The plan there had group 7 being done over May to early June. 50-59 won't be ahead of them but likely starting in the last week or two of those. So I really can't see before past mid May based on that plan anyway. It could be a conservative plan I guess and they'll go through it faster than that.

Does the 60-64 element of group 7 have to get AZ now or is it still whatever is available ? "have to" is probably the wrong terminology in fairness.

Russman wrote: »
    Does the 60-64 element of group 7 have to get AZ now or is it still whatever is available ? "have to" is probably the wrong terminology in fairness.

I'm sort of assuming they have to unless their own doctor deems it risky (maybe someone might have a condition that makes them prone to clotting or something) and their GP will request Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Apogee wrote: »

I notice the majority of the 605,000 J&J doses are backended to June like most of the 550,000 extra Pfizer doses. Gonna be weird going from a situation of endless moaning about lack of supply to drowning in the stuff :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm sort of assuming they have to unless their own doctor deems it risky (maybe someone might have a condition that makes them prone to clotting or something) and their GP will request Pfizer.
    Colm Henry just said at the briefing there's no reason why someone who has previously experienced clots should not get AZ as they're different clots from regular ones

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement