Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭11521323

Once there is enough supply, the ramping up will really begin. At the moment, the only blocker is vaccine supply.

They did 130k last week and the MVC's are nowhere near capacity I don't think.

To me, the only blocker to hitting this target is vaccine supply. I think everything else will be sorted.

I hope and think we'll be doing 24/7 vaccinations in a matter of weeks. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but once the supply is there to justify it, I don't see why not.

But I will gladly go at 3am for a vaccine if I get it quicker.

"Once there is enough supply" - we were told it was going to be April, if you check the date, we're currently 16 days in and it's still the same crock of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

When will they be doing 50 - 59 high risk cohort 7, some have told me the starting of May, is this likely going to be pushed to the middle of May. I'd like to think once they have the 60 - 69 registered in portal that the next lot down can start registering while the 60's crowd is being vaccinated so at least we can have appointments. I'm not prepared to wait another bloody six weeks before using the portal.

2 different vaccines being used. Parallel rollout in group 7.

Group 7 also won't be using the portal as it stands, it's GP lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

2 different vaccines being used. Parallel rollout in group 7.

Group 7 also won't be using the portal as it stands, it's GP lead.

So it will just be my local GP contacting me then, all good then.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

When will they be doing 50 - 59 high risk cohort 7, some have told me the starting of May, is this likely going to be pushed to the middle of May. I'd like to think once they have the 60 - 69 registered in portal that the next lot down can start registering while the 60's crowd is being vaccinated so at least we can have appointments. I'm not prepared to wait another bloody six weeks before using the portal.
    Group 7 18-64 is starting last week in April / first week in May, HSE said yesterday.

So it will just be my local GP contacting me then, all good then.

For group 7 yeah as it stands now

https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/rollout/rollout.html

"GPs will vaccinate this group, once they have completed Group 4 - people at very high risk.

How you will get your vaccine
    Your GP will contact you when it’s your turn to be vaccinated."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

When will they be doing 50 - 59 high risk cohort 7, some have told me the starting of May, is this likely going to be pushed to the middle of May. I'd like to think once they have the 60 - 69 registered in portal that the next lot down can at least register while the 60's crowd is being vaccinated so at least we can have appointments. I'm not prepared to wait another bloody six weeks for this.

It was expected that the high risk under 65s would be done concurrently with the 60 to 65s, starting 3rd May.
    My husband is in this group also and he has been told by the hospital to expect an appointment after that date.
    However GPs have said yesterday on webinar that they now don't have a clue what is happening and are waiting for clarity about 2nd doses for over 70s, whether they will be pushed out to 6 weeks or further, and so no movement on appointments until that is sorted.
    At this rate those not vulnerable registered on the portal appear to be getting more clarity than at risk groups :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

11521323 wrote: »
    "Once there is enough supply" - we were told it was going to be April, if you check the date, we're currently 16 days in and it's still the same crock of ****.

There was going to be 180k done this week before the AZ situation. A ramp up is very clearly happening.

EMA J&J conclusion and recommendations due Tuesday

https://twitter.com/dannyctkemp/status/1383074354913804289?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Write an angry letter to the manufacturer's there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Multipass wrote: »
    Who knows for sure, I wouldn’t put anything past them.

You'll be well and truly sickened if MM does it live on air, won't you?

• Advertisement

Told what for April?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

:rolleyes:

This post could also be called the same crock of ****. This has been discussed ad nauseam here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

You'll be well and truly sickened if MM does it live on air, won't you?

Not at all, research suggests mixing Pfizer with Astrozeneca is beneficial.

lbj666 wrote: »
    Write an angry letter to the manufacturer's there

Or just go straight to the top, 1850 715 815

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭crossman47

What I find amazing about that is that she waited for her turn. I’m assuming our crowd classsed themselves as frontline and got the first batch, and their families, secretaries, golf partners

They didn't but IMO they should have. So should Merkel. They're all afraid of the media mob now.

Not at all, research suggests mixing Pfizer with Astrozeneca is beneficial.

So when he gets the second one live on air, you'll have some other "oh well...." type nonsense to spout!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

So when he gets the second one live on air, you'll have some other "oh well...." type nonsense to spout!

He could have 3 or 4, I don’t care, it wouldn’t make me more likely to believe a word the liar says.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Coming back to this, the Independent running it as the main headline, interesting to note that its only them running it as a headline.

Anyway I've had a read through it and to be honest Paul Reid would have been better off saying nothing. Firstly he says it was always their intention for June but that the new rollout plan changed things. Well if its always been June I don't see how this new plan changed things if its still June.

Secondly it's caveated with the usual, maybes, ifs and buts. J&J brings it all forward again and he says it himself & they still need to clarify the additional Pfizer supply he said they don't know when they'll arrive.

He'd been as well to say look this is the next 4 weeks, it's over 60s & the medically vulnerable and have said nothing more after that, by opening his mouth with so many caveats he's given 2 of the worst journalists in the Independent (Eilish O’Regan and Gabija Gataveckaitė) a headline to run with.

For all he knows the plan could change again with J&J & I'd expect it to.

Agreed. Deal with those high risk groups first then when it is clearer where they are at, publicise what's next.
    Soo much may have changed in the rollout in the next 6 weeks, from spacing vaccine doses, to whether J&J is still on board, that predicting further at this stage is not on.
    I do think those 2 journalists and a few others are stirring though.
    That Gabija is just painful to listen to, trying to eke sensational headline grabbing statements out of Glynn et Al at the briefings.
    They are on to her now though :)

He could have 3 or 4, I don’t care, it wouldn’t make me more likely to believe a word the liar says.

Good for you.

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Agreed. Deal with those high risk groups first then when it is clearer where they are at, publicise what's next.
    Soo much may have changed in the rollout in the next 6 weeks, from spacing vaccine doses, to whether J&J is still on board, that predicting further at this stage is not on.
    I do think those 2 journalists and a few others are stirring though.
    That Gabija is just painful to listen to, trying to eke sensational headline grabbing statements out of Glynn et Al at the briefings.
    They are on to her now though :)

Thats the thing on the journalists, Paul Reid gave them a headline, Glynn is now wise to it and wouldn't say anything yesterday when she kept at him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭11521323

funnydoggy wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

This post could also be called the same crock of ****. This has been discussed ad nauseam here.

My frustration is moreso with the lack of any strategic planning and pinning all hopes on speculative vaccine supplies, meanwhile we languish in level 5 restrictions with the post-Covid economic fallout worsening by the week.

Anyone who thinks that the "lockdown until vaccinated" approach has worked is just not that bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭firemansam4

You guys are going to love the latest headline on RTE news, a variant with double mutation a cause for concern.
    Sounds scary....

http://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0416/1210203-coronavirus-global/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

You guys are going to love the latest headline on RTE news, a variant with double mutation a cause for concern.
    Sounds scary....

Such an absolute sham of a headline, designed to terrify you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Sounds scary....

To be fair to RTÉ the publication Nature has reported on that one in India with a degree of concern too. Not enough is known at this point in time. There is enough to warrant further need for prompt surveillance and follow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Moderna cut deliveries due to shortfall of doses in European supply chain. Mentions UK and Canada but I assume it'd also include us because Switzerland is where the EU are getting their doses from?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-16/moderna-cuts-covid-vaccine-supply-forecast-to-u-k-canada

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Moderna cut deliveries due to shortfall of doses in European supply chain. Mentions UK and Canada but I assume it'd also include us because Switzerland is where the EU are getting their doses from?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-16/moderna-cuts-covid-vaccine-supply-forecast-to-u-k-canada

Might be allocating more to EU to meet contractual demand and taking from Canada and UK

• Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭plodder

Sounds scary....

Article in the New York Times yesterday about the 'scariants' .

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/15/well/live/covid-variants-vaccine.html
    The news about coronavirus variants can sound like a horror movie, with references to a “double-mutant” virus, “vaccine-evading” variants and even an “Eek” mutation. One headline warned ominously: “The devil is already here.”

“I use the term ‘scariants,’” said Dr. Eric Topol, professor of molecular medicine at Scripps Research in La Jolla, Calif., referring to much of the media coverage of the variants. “Even my wife was saying, ‘What about this double mutant?’ It drives me nuts. People are scared unnecessarily. If you’re fully vaccinated, two weeks post dose, you shouldn’t have to worry about variants at all.”

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Looks like Canada is rapidly turning into the clown of the world with cases and vaccines. We have a higher infection rate than the states now and cases are really going up, at least in BC where I currently live.

And with Moderna cutting back expected deliveries, I suspect it will be a long haul, unless they can get a surplus from our neighbours...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭firemansam4

plodder wrote: »
    Article in the New York Times yesterday about the 'scariants' .

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/15/well/live/covid-variants-vaccine.html

Good article. While there should obviously be proper study and investigation done on any potential variants, It is getting a bit tedious now that some media outlets like to report on the slightest sniff of any new variant that gets discovered.

That RTE article is typical of these kind of stories just causing more concern for people who see it, when as of yet there is no evidence that it could be a concern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Looks like Canada is rapidly turning into the clown of the world with cases and vaccines. We have a higher infection rate than the states now and cases are really going up, at least in BC where I currently live.

And with Moderna cutting back expected deliveries, I suspect it will be a long haul, unless they can get a surplus from our neighbours...

They dealt with it really well in Whistler . Shut the slopes and restaurants . And are in the throes of vaccinating everyone over 16 in who live or work in Whistler

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement