Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,524 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

GazzaL wrote: »
    What's the story with vaccine certs if you buy your vaccine on the black market?
    With your record in this forum I would suggest you cut out the trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

GazzaL wrote: »
    What's the story with vaccine certs if you buy your vaccine on the black market?

I'm not sure if you're taking the píss or just totally lost your marbles?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

My parents are both over 70 and haven't heard anything yet.

How are the under 70s getting them already when that cohort hasn't been finished?

My parents are both over 70 and haven't heard anything yet.

How are the under 70s getting them already when that cohort hasn't been finished?

Because over 70s aren't getting AZ but 60-69 are. There is a major restructuring happening.

Miike wrote: »
    Because over 70s aren't getting AZ but 60-69 are. There is a major restructuring happening.

Really?

I thought it was just under 60s not getting AZ.

• Advertisement

Really?

I thought it was just under 60s not getting AZ.

NIAC ruled out over 70s getting AZ some time ago :)

OK thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Leo Varadkar was on with Pat Kenny yesterday morning and he said the over 70s are also eligible for astrazeneca (provided they haven't already gotten a first shot of something else)

Leo Varadkar was on with Pat Kenny yesterday morning and he said the over 70s are also eligible for astrazeneca (provided they haven't already gotten a first shot of something else)

NIAC did recommend changing that again in early March but I don't think it was ever translated into practice?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Over 70s are eligibile for AZ for the last while. Housebound patients were getting AZ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Kumejima wrote: »

Dude if this was Nazi Germany and ...

Madness

Godwin's Law at work.
    "As a discussion on the Internet grows longer, the likelihood of a comparison of a person's being compared to Hitler or another Nazi reference, increases."

Once you invoke Godwin's Law, you demonstrate your weak position and have effectively lost the argument.

Over 70s are eligibile for AZ for the last while. Housebound patients were getting AZ.

They are eligible since early March but I don't think any vaccination centers for the over 70s are using AZ. I'm open to correction on that!

The housebound were catered to with AZ because of the reliability and stability of it in the face of logistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Is the portal the way its going to be for all ages now(starting from 69), you register when its your age group or will your gp contact you first. No underlying health conditions

I'm angry my two parents over 70 haven’t got a call or text and now the under 70s has started.

They are eligible since early March but I don't think any vaccination centers for the over 70s are using AZ. I'm open to correction on that!

The housebound were catered to with AZ because of the reliability and stability of it in the face of logistics.
    Yeah they're housebound over 70s.

34 cases in Israel today. Just in case anyone else needed more evidence vaccines work. And they're virtually fully open.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

lukas8888 wrote: »
    Not looking for your postcode,but what general part of the country are you based.

I'm in Dublin and my MVC is Citywest.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I'm angry my two parents over 70 haven’t got a call or text and now the under 70s has started.

I have a couple friends who haven't been called yet either.

vienne86 wrote: »
    I have a couple friends who haven't been called yet either.

Madness. Under 70s plowing forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Did I hear it right from George Lee that the additional 500k or so of Pfizer doses are coming 50,000 a week for the next 10 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lukas8888

lbj666 wrote: »
    Did I hear it right from George Lee that the additional 500k or so of Pfizer doses are coming 50,000 a week for the next 10 weeks.
    Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭Azatadine

How does George Lee know that? HSE said yesterday that Pfizer have not yet given the schedule. Unless I missed something today.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,856 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

How does George Lee know that? HSE said yesterday that Pfizer have not yet given the schedule. Unless I missed something today.

Did he mean 'on average' i.e. simply divided 500 by ten?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    Is the portal the way its going to be for all ages now(starting from 69), you register when its your age group or will your gp contact you first. No underlying health conditions

Yeah portal pretty much for all. Register online or if issues phone hse live

Strazdas wrote: »
    Did he mean 'on average' i.e. simply divided 500 by ten?
    He probably did tbf i expect nothing less

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

I think some GP practices didn't sign up to do vaccinations so perhaps that's why your parents have heard nothing if their Doctor is at one of those practices. It seems quite late at this stage so its the only reason I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭Russman

lbj666 wrote: »

If true, that’s surely got to be a fantastic thing, no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Russman wrote: »
    If true, that’s surely got to be a fantastic thing, no ?

That's why I am checking :D maybe not next week but the week after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement