Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Russman wrote: »
    Massive alright. June should be spectacular for numbers.

Also looks like in or around 150k Pfizer doses alone per week in early May. They’re turning into some workhorse !

Pfizer has been the work horse since day 1 of this vaccination process to be fair to them. They have been rock steady and reliable, have never missed a delivery AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    That would be the healthcare workers that work in nursing homes that got AZ.

Oh I see, good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,087 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

1huge1 wrote: »
    Yup, good to see and pretty much all Pfizer, they must have quite a stockpile of AZ at this stage, lets hope they can go through it quickly.

There's a larger stockpile of Pfizer than AZ according to the EU vaccine tracker.

About 115k AZ, about 150k Pfizer.

https://qap.ecdc.europa.eu/public/extensions/COVID-19/vaccine-tracker.html#distribution-tab

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Pfizer has been the work horse since day 1 of this vaccination process to be fair to them. They have been rock steady and reliable, have never missed a delivery AFAIK.

There was one missed delivery but they gave like 2 or 3 weeks notice

Even then it was

We are shutting down our manufacturing for a few days to replace some parts of the manufacturing infrastructure with other parts that can handle a a higher volume.

You will get bigger deliveries starting the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Another thing - somebody above was lauding Robin Swann for his approach to the vaccine rollout.
    This is the same Robin Swann who dismissed out of hand the suggestion of an All-Island approach repeatedly in the last year - maintaining the DUP's link to Westminster was far more important than the lives which were ultimately lost on this island because it was unpalatable to work with Dublin to agree a common approach.
    That man and the whole political establishment in the north deserve absolutely zero credit - and don't let their fast vaccine rollout convince you otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

My mam is 65 could I register her today instead of tomorrow for the jab?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Yes you can

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭irishlad.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cUZy6AMCwuA2zhtRuKK7cqMVgmhdDsGsZrFWJTkw9DY/edit#gid=502588836

Huge week next week, no excuses about supply now.

As others have said above, over 200k of vaccine in storage and next weeks deliveries on top of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

irishlad. wrote: »
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cUZy6AMCwuA2zhtRuKK7cqMVgmhdDsGsZrFWJTkw9DY/edit#gid=502588836

Huge week next week, no excuses about supply now.

As others have said above, over 200k of vaccine in storage and next weeks deliveries on top of that.

Would be great to see a ramping up next week alright as we'll need the HSE to consistently get to 250,000 a week to remain on target for end of June

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,724 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I see we're at day 1 of the weekly vaccine rollout schedule.

This is the day deliveries happen.

It's also the day a lot of posters shout about Saturday/Sundays and 24/7 vaccinations.

By day 5 we're back to 95% rolled out (with holdback for second doses), and the cycle starts again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

More than half of people aged between 65 and 69 have registered to receive a Covid-19 vaccination so far, the HSE has said.

The registration process for people in this age group began on Thursday, when 69-year-olds could register, with the portal opening for people aged 68, 67 and 66 over subsequent days.

People aged 65 will be able to register for their vaccine tomorrow, while the first appointments for those aged between 65 and 69 for the AstraZeneca vaccine will be scheduled from tomorrow.

The HSE has said that so far more than 84,000 people have registered - representing more than 50% of the age group.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Car crash stuff from Donnelly on RTE Radio 1 at the moment. Trying desperately to explain away yesterday's cluster ****. Says the under 30s proposal isn't being looked at, at all. He raised it with Glynn who knocked it on the head immediately. So why the quote to the Irish Times yesterday Stephen? Clearly the rest of the cabinet told him to try to fix this. Not fixed!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,870 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    More than half of people aged between 65 and 69 have registered to receive a Covid-19 vaccination so far, the HSE has said.

The registration process for people in this age group began on Thursday, when 69-year-olds could register, with the portal opening for people aged 68, 67 and 66 over subsequent days.

People aged 65 will be able to register for their vaccine tomorrow, while the first appointments for those aged between 65 and 69 for the AstraZeneca vaccine will be scheduled from tomorrow.

The HSE has said that so far more than 84,000 people have registered - representing more than 50% of the age group.

What happens with those who don't actually register on the portal? Do they get contacted soon enough by their GP anyway as they are in the cohort that is getting vaccinated?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Realistically, when can people aged 45-50 with none of the very/high risk conditions expect to get their 1st dose ?
    Assuming no change to the rollout priority order.

I know politicians are saying 80% of Adults will have 1st dose by end of June but is this realistic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Car crash stuff from Donnelly on RTE Radio 1 at the moment. Trying desperately to explain away yesterday's cluster ****. Says the under 30s proposal isn't being looked at, at all. He raised it with Glynn who knocked it on the head immediately. So why the quote to the Irish Times yesterday Stephen? Clearly the rest of the cabinet told him to try to fix this. Not fixed!

I thought he did ok in the interview. Justin Mc Carthy was really trying to poke him, with some very bendy questions, but he fended it off well. I've heard way worse from other Ministers in other spheres.

The thing that comes across to me with respect to Donnelly is that he may suffer from political naievty rather than ignorance or ineptitude. He doesn't have Leo's smooth media abilities, but I'd be more inclined to accept Donnelly's bona fides over Leo's any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Strazdas wrote: »
    What happens with those who don't actually register on the portal? Do they get contacted soon enough by their GP anyway as they are in the cohort that is getting vaccinated?

My understanding is that those under 70 need to register using the portal or by phone to get an appointment as GP's wont be doing those vaccinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭golondrinas1

Doctor on saying they are tired. Bet they get a bit of a gee up when they think they are getting €30 per jab while the NHS doctors get £12. I suppose it all percolates down. NHS boss on 200 odd k p.a.
    Our lad 400+ k. N H S lad in charge of much bigger number.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

Just found out my Sister-in-law was taken to hospital with clots on her lungs during the night. Had first shot of AZ last Friday week:(
    39 years old- was priority listed as she is overweight.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Just found out my Sister-in-law was taken to hospital with clots on her lungs during the night. Had first shot of AZ last Friday week:(

Hope all is well and she recovers fully . Highlights that nobody should be forced into a vaccine . It's a personal choice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Hope, she makes a full recovery soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭crossman47

Hope all is well and she recovers fully . Highlights that nobody should be forced into a vaccine . It's a personal choice

Who said she was forced? I presume she was glad to get it as she is in the vulnerable category.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

amdaley28 wrote: »
    My understanding is that those under 70 need to register using the portal or by phone to get an appointment as GP's wont be doing those vaccinations.

Not necessarily, GPs are doing the at risk groups u70.

Group 4, People aged 16 to 69 who are at very high risk- GP or hospital
    Group 7 People aged 16 to 64 at high risk- GP

Group 6 is registering on the portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

It absolutely does not highlight that but whatever floats your boat

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Realistically, when can people aged 45-50 with none of the very/high risk conditions expect to get their 1st dose ?
    Assuming no change to the rollout priority order.

I know politicians are saying 80% of Adults will have 1st dose by end of June but is this realistic ?

Realistically Susan supposedly at the end of May, that's when the extreme high risk and high risk are supposedly vaccinated, well first doses anyway. Hopefully the ramp up will make this happen.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

amdaley28 wrote: »

Are those who don't register left waiting for weeks or months then? I wonder if they are aware there might be consequences if they don't register.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭crossman47

Strazdas wrote: »
    Are those who don't register left waiting for weeks or months then? I wonder if they are aware there might be consequences if they don't register.

What can be done other than the widespread advertising of the means to register?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Feeding into the narrative does not help.

crossman47 wrote: »
    What can be done other than the widespread advertising of the means to register?

I've no problem with them being pushed to the back of the queue, just wondering if they are fully aware they 'have' to register if they wish to receive a vaccine soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

crossman47 wrote: »
    Who said she was forced? I presume she was glad to get it as she is in the vulnerable category.

I never said she was .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement