Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Stheno wrote: »
    Ah thats great news in fairness

If there are 10 Citwest sized centres then that's 170k a week between them at 2.5 k and then you have the smaller ones

Dublin has a few big centres, could be that Dublin gets done quicker than other places due to volume

I would of assumed they set them up so there is 1 MVC per x number of people. So it shouldn't make a difference where they are? Not withstanding different demographics in some areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭greengrass88

Thanks!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Is there really a press conference this evening?

amandstu wrote: »
    Bump

Apparently Luke oNeil said today on the radio it was between 75 and 80 percent.

Can anyone confirm that?

Might the number be even high for deaths?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news-medical.net/amp/news/20210416/Single-dose-of-Oxforde28093AstraZeneca-COVID-vaccine-shown-to-be-more-immunogenic-than-natural-infection.aspx

New research on AZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

So is the general consensus things are going up another level from next Tuesday?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

TheDoctor wrote: »
    So is the general consensus things are going up another level from next Tuesday?

You mean down? As in more easing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

We can deduce from the Belgians disclosing they are expecting delivery of 753,030 vaccines in the week beginning 26 April that we can expect about 323,000 ourselves. That is a serious "ramping up". :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,870 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

St.Spodo wrote: »
    We can deduce from the Belgians disclosing they are expecting delivery of 753,030 vaccines in the week beginning 26 April that we can expect about 323,000 ourselves. That is a serious "ramping up". :cool:

That ties in with the extra Pfizer deliveries - George Lee says they start that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Stheno wrote: »
    You mean down? As in more easing?

No, he means up as in with the extra pfizer and the av jabs for 60+ we should be pissing on our vaccine records next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mmclo

Another thing - somebody above was lauding Robin Swann for his approach to the vaccine rollout.
    This is the same Robin Swann who dismissed out of hand the suggestion of an All-Island approach repeatedly in the last year - maintaining the DUP's link to Westminster was far more important than the lives which were ultimately lost on this island because it was unpalatable to work with Dublin to agree a common approach.
    That man and the whole political establishment in the north deserve absolutely zero credit - and don't let their fast vaccine rollout convince you otherwise.

He's UUP though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mmclo

Just found out my Sister-in-law was taken to hospital with clots on her lungs during the night. Had first shot of AZ last Friday week:(
    39 years old- was priority listed as she is overweight.

Sorry to hear but don't think AZ clot issue is lungs, its to the brain iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

Just found out my Sister-in-law was taken to hospital with clots on her lungs during the night. Had first shot of AZ last Friday week:(
    39 years old- was priority listed as she is overweight.

Just to update on this in case it effects other people’s decision making process-

SIL had X-ray when first brought in with shortness of breath last night. Doc said some shadowing which he suspected was clotting. She had a CT scan this afternoon and has been told it was clear!

She has been hit hard by the effects of having the jab with painful injection site etc. and I’m beginning to wonder if she didn’t work herself into a frenzy with the reaction she had coupled with the AZ jab being suspended etc.

Probably should have waited to post on here until we knew the full details!

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Just to update on this in case it effects other people’s decision making process-

SIL had X-ray when first brought in with shortness of breath last night. Doc said some shadowing which he suspected was clotting. She had a CT scan this afternoon and has been told it was clear!

She has been hit hard by the effects of having the jab with painful injection site etc. and I’m beginning to wonder if she didn’t work herself into a frenzy with the reaction she had coupled with the AZ jab being suspended etc.

With all the news, lately it is no wonder. Hopefully she'll be back to normal soon and in a position to put covid related worries behind her.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭noplacehere

Does anyone know if there are any current contra-indications for someone 60-69 getting the AstraZeneca? GP hasn’t a clue if they’ll even do him. His consultant in hospital isn’t responding. He has 11 stints in his heart. He doesn’t know if he can just register and get the AstraZeneca or if he should be waiting for the consultant to respond. He’s very frustrated

• Registered Users Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Hococop wrote: »
    What was the total in that group?

RTE also said this was 50% of the age group.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Great news. AZ is a highly effective vaccine with some extremely rare side effects but with the media frenzy there's no surprise people are getting worked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Great news. AZ is a highly effective vaccine with some extremely rare side effects but with the media frenzy there's no surprise people are getting worked up.

Years ago I used to tell people to ignore everything they read on Facebook. I think it’s now time to ignore RTE as they hype up these scariants and cast doubt on highly effective and safe vaccines.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Valhallapt wrote: »
    Years ago I used to tell people to ignore everything they read on Facebook. I think it’s now time to ignore RTE as they hype up these scariants and cast doubt on highly effective and safe vaccines.
    Absolutely agree

• Registered Users Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    RTE also said this was 50% of the age group.

Total was 180000 acc to Stephen Donnelly.

They are discussing extending dose times for mRNA vaccines I understood, not AZ as that has already been decided as 60 to 69 years?

• Advertisement

Absolutely agree

It's news, get over it.

Exact same news on BBC etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

mmclo wrote: »
    He's UUP though :)

Apologies, my bad! The rest of the post still stands though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭finalfurlong

Strazdas wrote: »
    That ties in with the extra Pfizer deliveries - George Lee says they start that day.

George Lee would prefer if they got damaged in transit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Goldengirl wrote: »
    It's news, get over it.

Exact same news on BBC etc.

It's RTE version of the news, which has an unfair bias to it. They deliberately skewed their reporting throughout this pandemic, and gave preference to doomsayers in order to put the fear of God in the people of Ireland. RTE certainly did injustice to the concept of National Broadcaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Kivaro wrote: »
    It's RTE version of the news, which has an unfair bias to it. They deliberately skewed their reporting throughout this pandemic, and gave preference to doomsayers in order to put the fear of God in the people of Ireland. RTE certainly did injustice to the concept of National Broadcaster.

I think they gave reporting time to people based on science and educational credentials - the alternative was covid deniers, anti vaxxers and other general headcases.

Kivaro wrote: »

Your opinion, not mine.
    What would you call Luke O Neill then ?
    He seems to have permanent residency in Donnybrook!
    I found some good some bad as with other TV channels.
    Same as always but some people attribute more influence to RTE somehow during Covid, even though they ' say' they never watch it!
    Interesting, that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

https://twitter.com/RachelLavin/status/1383741192085467141/photo/1

Can someone shed light on Ms. Lavins model.

Finding the scenarios a bit confusing are the independent of the other ones. Does each scenarios include for the scenario preceding it? (except of No.1 obviously) or are they total independant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

lbj666 wrote: »

Finding the scenarios a bit confusing are the independent of the other ones. Does each scenarios include for the scenario preceding it? (except of No.1 obviously) or are they total independant

No they are independent from looking at the charts. The text gave me a migraine though

lbj666 wrote: »

Don't know if I am colour blind , are two of the lines green ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Don't know if I am colour blind , are two of the lines green ?

No one is teal (?) and one is green.

Although I have F.Lux on my PC/Phones/Laptop turned up to power ranger so everything is a tint of orange/yellow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement